Remove this ad

#401 post_url

Nov 6 12 9:55 PM

This is great, nay, wicked awesome news! The downside is that I can no longer hold a grudge against Sony. Oh well, you win some you lose some.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#402 post_url

Nov 6 12 10:11 PM

↑ yes you can! they are still super strict about PVs on YouTube.
and they're not letting ALL their artists on iTunes, just some of them.

Quote    Reply   

#403 post_url

Nov 6 12 10:21 PM

uncle Jemima wrote:
↑ yes you can! they are still super strict about PVs on YouTube.
and they're not letting ALL their artists on iTunes, just some of them.
Thank you so much. I was losing all hope.

Quote    Reply   

#405 post_url

Nov 6 12 10:47 PM

18 might be her best song yet. I love it omfg

Btw, are there any sites that have translations to her albums? I gave Dark Candy a listen and thought it wasn't too bad.

Last Edited By: MacaroniMark Nov 6 12 10:54 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#406 post_url

Nov 6 12 11:21 PM

do you have the full album, or did you just listen to the previews?
18 does sound awesome, i can't wait to listen to the whole thing.

Quote    Reply   

#407 post_url

Nov 7 12 9:17 AM

MacaroniMark wrote:
Btw, are there any sites that have translations to her albums? I gave Dark Candy a listen and thought it wasn't too bad.

Which albums are you after? There used to be a really great fansite for translations called Tsumi Fukaku but looking now it seems to have been wiped off the face of the internet, and since then (Yoake Mae era) there hasn't really been anyone who has picked up the torch. I'm actually working on a couple of her albums at the moment, although Dark Candy is lowish on my list... but if there was something in particular you're interested in I'm happy to have a go

Edit: COCOON IS SO GOOD!!!

Last Edited By: mieruwa Nov 7 12 10:03 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#409 post_url

Nov 7 12 11:44 PM

mieruwa wrote:
Which albums are you after? There used to be a really great fansite for translations called Tsumi Fukaku but looking now it seems to have been wiped off the face of the internet, and since then (Yoake Mae era) there hasn't really been anyone who has picked up the torch. I'm actually working on a couple of her albums at the moment, although Dark Candy is lowish on my list... but if there was something in particular you're interested in I'm happy to have a go

Awwwwwww not Dark Candy being the least of your interests Cry I'd appreciate it if you translated CAROL or Union. Also you heard Cocoon? hmmmMMMMm smiley: wink

Last Edited By: MacaroniMark Nov 7 12 11:48 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#410 post_url

Nov 8 12 1:08 AM

MacaroniMark wrote:
mieruwa wrote:

Awwwwwww not Dark Candy being the least of your interests Cry I'd appreciate it if you translated CAROL or Union. Also you heard Cocoon? hmmmMMMMm smiley: wink
You can find translations of every song on UNION here, and my request for translations of "Lemon Tea" and "Elegance" should be done some time soon, hopefully...

EDIT:  Thanks for mentioning that Tsumi Fukaku site, mieruwa, it has so many translations!  I've been looking for "Tiny Tiny Tiny" forever!

Last Edited By: BanFan Nov 8 12 1:15 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#411 post_url

Nov 8 12 9:40 AM

BanFan wrote:
You can find translations of every song on UNION here, and my request for translations of "Lemon Tea" and "Elegance" should be done some time soon, hopefully...

EDIT:  Thanks for mentioning that Tsumi Fukaku site, mieruwa, it has so many translations!  I've been looking for "Tiny Tiny Tiny" forever!

Oh wow! I didn't realise it had been backed up somewhere-- her translations are so good. And I didn't realise Megchan had done that much Chara, also great!

Quote    Reply   

#412 post_url

Nov 8 12 12:13 PM

The packaging of the album is nice. It is similar to "A scenary like me."

The album is good, very fun, very 90s. Much better than the horrible Dark Candy, but largely worse than Utakata, Yoake mae, something blue or A Scenary like me.

Please ! Chara returns with independent music, you can!

Last Edited By: Van Nov 8 12 12:32 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#414 post_url

Nov 8 12 1:06 PM

uncle Jemima wrote:
am i the only person on here who likes Dark Candy?

certainly not. It is actually in my top 5. I felt it was pretty darn consistent. I really liked the producer's electronic sound that he brought to the release. Found most all tracks well above average and energetic. (although picking "Rachel" as the single still confuses me)

Quote    Reply   

#415 post_url

Nov 8 12 1:23 PM

Dark Candy is easily in my top 5 too. I think the Rachel PV made me like the song much more but ゆらしたがる is my favourite.

Quote    Reply   

#416 post_url

Nov 8 12 6:26 PM

BanFan wrote:

yaaaay thanks so much for the link to CAROL translations smiley: grin

BTW, I FOUND A DL TO COCOON 6d4367b96ddab0b8447483709a67ce094d557fd8_r6d4367b96ddab0b8447483709a67ce094d557fd8_r6d4367b96ddab0b8447483709a67ce094d557fd8_r6d4367b96ddab0b8447483709a67ce094d557fd8_r I'LL POST IT IN THE MEDIA SECTION

Quote    Reply   

#417 post_url

Nov 8 12 7:10 PM

Freaking out a bit because Chara just answered a question I sent her on twitter re: the meaning of the title "Tokiyorita" from Something Blue... if anyone besides me in the world was wondering she intended it to be a combination of things like 鳥を見た (tori wo mita/I saw that bird), 時を見た (toki wo mita/I saw time), 時よリターン (toki yo ritaan/return, time) , 時折 (tokiyori/sometimes). KINDA COOL. Also she said it's a song she wrote when she had a lot of sad things going on in her life

Quote    Reply   

#418 post_url

Nov 8 12 7:36 PM

so my link to the download of "Something Blue" would have been OK in a different section? I'm confused. OK to post in a section called "Media" but wrong to post in the artists section? So it has nothing to do with legality/copyright. Basically being petty in terms of the location? And here I thought it had to do with some noble stance JPOPCentral had against downloading, but the forum has it's own section just for downloads. LOL! Learn something new everyday....the hypocrisy

Quote    Reply   

#419 post_url

Nov 8 12 10:08 PM

^ It's to encourage people to participate here actively instead of just coming to swipe files and leave, since you need 10 posts to access the media forum. 

Quote    Reply   

#420 post_url

Nov 10 12 12:47 AM

Understood. thanks for explaining

Got my copy of Cocoon. Weird that a Chara album was packaged in a Bjork release. ha

track #5 was a real treat. Reminded me of a Nirgilis track. Awesome 80's synth/ new wave sound.
"Planet" and 蝶々結び back to back is just pure bliss. 2 of Chara's best singles ever . Can't decide which is better.
then track #10 immediately grabbed me with the beautiful piano.
title track a little too noisy for my tastes, but probably would be incredible when performed live
very nice acoustic track #12 to an album I'll have to somehow squeeze into my top 5.
thank you Chara

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help