Remove this ad

#22 post_url

Apr 18 11 2:35 AM

I've just listened to the song and I love every second of it! In the past I'd listened to some of her albums before, and although I liked them I felt they lacked a few more upbeat songs or a bit more variation (maybe I just haven't listened to the right ones). This one is amazing though, definitely at the top of my to-order list!

Quote    Reply   

#23 post_url

Apr 19 11 10:47 AM

Here is a more obscure song released by Chara back in 2005, when she was not signed to any record label. It's called Hikari No Niwa.

Last Edited By: manrush Apr 22 11 1:50 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#27 post_url

Apr 27 11 10:54 PM

Does anyone still need a rip of 'Little Bird' or whatever it was without the skips? I've finally gotten my copy, and I've accidentally sliced the poster in half also.

I might've ordered from cdjapan had I known it was an actual promotion poster, instead of just one of those with just a picture on it. (like BEST FICTION)

Quote    Reply   

#28 post_url

May 4 11 10:04 PM

This is an especially excellent live version of the song "Tsuki To Amai Namida," one of Chara's greatest songs.

Last Edited By: manrush May 4 11 10:07 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#30 post_url

May 7 11 11:15 AM

Not feeling "Dark Candy", especially after the rawness of "CAROL".

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#33 post_url

May 17 11 6:25 PM

She's still stylish and fab, twenty years on.

And her hair keeps being magnificent.

By the way, this is a nice video that shows how well the song Naive To Innocence syncs with a moving nightime road.

Last Edited By: manrush May 17 11 6:33 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#35 post_url

May 26 11 8:32 PM

I remember seeing that video a couple of years ago and thinking this woman was drugged. There was another performance of this song where she was dancing with some fly girls in the back. Old-school Chara is classic. I love that she still retains a youthful vibe without being childish.

@ manrush Where did you get your profile pic from?

Quote    Reply   

#36 post_url

May 26 11 9:24 PM

dove wrote:
I remember seeing that video a couple of years ago and thinking this woman was drugged. There was another performance of this song where she was dancing with some fly girls in the back. Old-school Chara is classic. I love that she still retains a youthful vibe without being childish.

@ manrush Where did you get your profile pic from?
I got the profile pic from Chara's last.fm page. There are a lot of photos there posted by nemesisyume.

My avatar is not counted as stealing, is it?

Quote    Reply   

#37 post_url

May 26 11 10:32 PM

Oh no, I'm not cracking down you! I asked becaue I liked the picture! Once something is on the internet, it's free game for everyone is the way I see it. I don't understand why people want credit for something that they don't own the copyrights for. As for personal things like translations and such that's another matter. But thanks for a qucik reply!

Quote    Reply   

#40 post_url

May 27 11 1:20 PM

^ I sort of got burnt out on her by the time Dark Candy and my honey DVD arrived.  Madrigal sparked my interest again though.

5/27 "I ♥ Japan×××" mini live setlist from 2ch :

01. Sekai
02. Rachel
03. Toy Soldier
04. Eien no Uta
05. Atashi Nande Dakishemetai 'n Darou?
- Secret Guest : ACO -
06. Saturday Night Fever (cover)
07. Kasabuta (original)
08. Dark Candy
09. Dengon [伝言] (new song)
10. o-ri-on
11. Yasashii Kimochi
- encore -
12. Swallowtail Butterfly ~Ai no Uta~
13. Sotsugyou~Hitotsu Zutsu Kimi wa Dakishimete~

Hah, I'd love to see her "Saturday Night Fever" cover. Cfe360fd6c85b4ff44bd8c20945cc1911023de3c_r

Still not sure how I feel about Dark CandyCAROL is seriously one of my top three favorite albums period, so I figured I would be (and I was) a little disappointed.  It's not a bad album, but it feels like a weak follow-up. I do like almost every song now, except "Eien no Uta", but I still don't love anything besides the last two songs.  I deleted that post I made about my thoughts on the album after listening to it two times, but after listening to it for over a month, I still feel the same was as before and think she should have continued her trend of having a variety of producers throughout the album, and it would have been nice to have more completely self-produced tracks like the title track.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help