Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 14 11 7:44 AM

Tags : :

Chara - Celebrating 20 Years of Music!

Satou Miwa (given the nickname Chara) is a Japanese musician and actress, most recognized for her oddly toned voice. She debuted in 1991 with the single "Heaven", followed by the album "Sweet" in 1992.
She's famous for singing "Swallowtail Butterfly~Ai no Uta~", the theme song for Iwai Shunji's 1996 film Swallowtail, which she starred in.
Other well known Chara songs include "Yasashii Kimochi", "Ai no Hi 3tsu Orange", a duet with YUKI from JUDY AND MARY, and her sleeper hit "This is my car".
Over the last twenty years she's released twenty albums, a mini-album, over thirty singles, and has collaborated with dozens of artists.

Upcoming Releases

Dark Candy
14th Original Album
Release Date: 2011.04.13

CD

01. カウントダウン
02. ゆらしたがる
03. 永遠の詩
04. Toy Soldier
05. Little bird
06. ここにいて
07. Rachel
08. ナイーブとイノセンス
09. Dark Candy
10. 才能の杖

DVD

01. Rachel (music video)

[youtube]YN_1AwCBBIk[/youtube]

Discography

Links

Official Homepage
Official Universal Page
Chara Staff Twitter

Last Edited By: Josuke Feb 16 15 6:17 PM. Edited 15 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#3 post_url

Apr 15 11 12:13 AM

It's nice to see Dark Candy climbing the ranks.

It's now a race between the perfume and the album. Which Dark Candy will sell better?

Looks like we have the makings of a clear winner.

Last Edited By: manrush Apr 15 11 12:36 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#6 post_url

Apr 15 11 9:23 PM

As I listen to Dark Candy over again, I begin to realise something.

It's not like any other album Chara has released before. And it seem that any album that follows will be nothing like Dark Candy.

That seems to be a general pattern for Chara's albums. Each one stands on its own.

That said, I do feel a 90s vibe in a number of the songs.

That is, this album has smatterings of early 90s Chara, late 90s Chara and her Universal sounds.  

On an unrelated note: if I can recall, there was a post in jpopmusic about rumours that Chara could record another album before year's end.

Last Edited By: manrush Apr 15 11 11:45 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#8 post_url

Apr 16 11 2:36 PM

1st Day :   #24
2nd Day:  #20
3rd Day:    #26
4th Day :   #20 

smiley: roll

Rachel and Yurashitagaru are my fave songs from Dark Candy, What about you guys?smiley: tongue

Last Edited By: Josuke Apr 16 11 2:44 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#9 post_url

Apr 16 11 3:32 PM

I cracked and listened to the "Koko ni Ite" preview a few days ago, but I forgot what it sounds like. One more week until I get it, hopefully . . . Nono

manrush wrote:
On an unrelated note: if I can recall, there was a post in jpopmusic about rumours that Chara could record another album before year's end.

Answering the last question of an interview with TV Asashi, she said she wants to release one more work (1枚作品: more likely an album than a DVD or single) within the year.  It wouldn't be too bad waiting until next year for an album though, since all I really want is a breaking hearts tour DVD, maybe bundled with footage from one of the Billboard Live shows too. 

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#10 post_url

Apr 16 11 4:18 PM

omg listening to it right now, the first song is awesome right from the start. it's so...1991 Chara lol. funky and such.
it's like listening to No Toy.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 post_url

Apr 16 11 5:53 PM

uncle Jemima wrote:
omg listening to it right now, the first song is awesome right from the start. it's so...1991 Chara lol. funky and such.
it's like listening to No Toy.

That kind of makes sense.

I see the first song as a sweet blend of Watashi O Mitsumete, Yellow Balloon and Hikari To Watashi. Might as well throw No Toy into that mix.

Quote    Reply   

#14 post_url

Apr 16 11 10:20 PM

uncle Jemima wrote:
is that recent?
This is from the Union tour 2007 DVD.

An aside: some of the musical parts of Toy Soldier sound like the same beats used in Magnet's songs.

Last Edited By: manrush Apr 16 11 10:43 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#15 post_url

Apr 17 11 5:29 AM

Josuke wrote:
Rachel and Yurashitagaru are my fave songs from Dark Candy, What about you guys?smiley: tongue

Naive to Innocence, Little bird, Rachel & Toy Soldier are my favs at the moment. 1aa266c65bbc74da8c3931c8312021a5857fb6f6_r

Quote    Reply   

#18 post_url

Apr 17 11 11:34 AM

Josuke wrote:
1st Day :   #24
2nd Day:  #20
3rd Day:    #26
4th Day :   #20 

smiley: roll

First of all I'm liking the rise in the charts.

As for favourite songs so far, I would say: Countdown, Toy Soldier, Little Bird, Koko Ni Ite and Saino No Tsue 

Quote    Reply   

#20 post_url

Apr 17 11 1:25 PM

Dark Candy's #11 on iTunes JPN top albums.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help