Remove this ad

#2401 post_url

Feb 10 17 5:30 AM

Polynesian cultures have feather headdresses, too. I know Miliyah's flirted with styles and fashion choices for some of her magazine shoots and tour promos in the past that would be considered cultural appropriation (such as bindis.. 'neo' African face paint) But it seems like this was probably done with Moana in mind (especially considering how big the tie-up is, Disney and all..)

Last Edited By: Izzy Feb 10 17 5:34 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#2402 post_url

Feb 10 17 10:38 AM

^ Well, as far as I know Hawaiian headdresses have a floral theme to them and little to none feathers, so those that she wore on the covers are not Moana inspired.

Quote    Reply   

#2403 post_url

Feb 12 17 2:32 AM

If you look up Tahitian headdresses, they use feathers. 

Also, Moana is not a Hawaiian-themed movie.

They studied Polynesian mythology and travelled to various Polynesian islands like Fiji, Samoa, and Tahiti for research for writing the movie.

Quote    Reply   

#2404 post_url

Feb 12 17 5:14 AM

^ Oop, sorry, didn't know that it was Polynesian. Still, I goggled their headdresses and they all go up, while the one on Miliyah go down, so I don't think they gave to much thought to it.

Quote    Reply   

#2410 post_url

Feb 19 17 12:37 PM

wtf america doesn't deserve her ugh life sucks
come to london queen

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#2412 post_url

Feb 20 17 6:41 PM

oh man, I've been away from this forum for so long... I havent even been here since before Liberty came out and didnt get to share my opinions on it

(I didnt like it... starts off strong with some amazing songs, but loses steam before the halfway point, but also ends with the fantastic Lipstick. Probably second to Diamond Princess for her worst album).

had to visit the forums again tho becoz wow... a US performance!! of course I'll be there!!

also I believe she has performed in London before, right? I've seen footage of her doing Heartbeat at the Olympics. Not much of a concert rather than a song or two.

Quote    Reply   

#2413 post_url

Feb 20 17 7:01 PM

Yeah it was some limited random last minute thing I didn't know about until last minute and you could only get into with a flyer, and I think she played like 2 songs

Quote    Reply   

#2415 post_url

Mar 1 17 6:00 AM

ThinkingOutLoud89 wrote:
so her facebook said something about Utopia - is the rumour real now?
They officially announced the album and her upcoming Tour
As much as I love Dokomademo, I am soooooooo disappointed with the song not being even 3 minutes long :'( The preview was definitely the best part.
This single seems like a joke to me, I AM sounds so cheap! and Dokomademo is the kind of Disney song you find as bonus track in the limited edition of an album.
I seriouly don't know what to think about Utopia! SO far I've only liked Dokomademo and Maboroshi. Songs I am not crazy about.
I enjoyed and loved LIBERTY so much and I know she usually has strong album tracks so I still have some hope.

PS : p3ters >> I used not to like Diamond Princess much at first, but now I love it.
the only album I really dislike is TRUE LOVERS.

Quote    Reply   

#2417 post_url

Mar 1 17 2:52 PM

Futurechecka wrote:
This single seems like a joke to me, I AM sounds so cheap! and Dokomademo is the kind of Disney song you find as bonus track in the limited edition of an album.
I seriouly don't know what to think about Utopia! SO far I've only liked Dokomademo and Maboroshi. Songs I am not crazy about.
I enjoyed and loved LIBERTY so much and I know she usually has strong album tracks so I still have some hope.

I agree with you so much, I feel exactly the same way! It feels kind of sad that after LIBERTY she kept releasing these singles which were decent at best. I also only like Dokomademo and Maboroshi, and I'm not crazy about them either.

Quote    Reply   

#2418 post_url

Mar 1 17 8:15 PM

ThinkingOutLoud89 wrote:
so her facebook said something about Utopia - is the rumour real now?

it's official - april 12. 9 new songs + the singles.

national tour beginning june running through to september, no arena dates announced so far however the hall leg is almost as long as last year's.

Quote    Reply   

#2419 post_url

Mar 4 17 10:44 AM

LIBERTY didn't really grab my attention for long but I'm surprised that Utopia only has two singles leading up to it (I really thought there was more). But I hope it doesn't represent the sound she'll be going for. I AM and the previous single share the same vibe so I hope we'll have a pleasant surprise when the album drops.

Quote    Reply   

RicH

#2420 post_url

Mar 7 17 11:34 PM

UTOPIA is here.

【収録楽曲】
1.どこまでも ~How Far I‘ll Go~(エンドソング)
2.旅人
3.Let Me In
4.最高なしあわせ
5.少女時代
6.Utopia