Remove this ad

#181 post_url

Jan 11 13 3:30 PM

^ technically, "Last Birthday" is not a new song, just an unreleased one. It's been around since 2004, when she began playing it at lives.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#182 post_url

Jan 11 13 3:53 PM

So this is still considered as a mini-album? I remember when something like this would be called a maxi-single..

Oh, well. I hope it does well. I'm just glad she's releasing SOMETHING.

Quote    Reply   

#183 post_url

Jan 11 13 6:18 PM

another truth wrote:
^ technically, "Last Birthday" is not a new song, just an unreleased one. It's been around since 2004, when she began playing it at lives.
That sucks :/ At least she'll finally release it though.

Quote    Reply   

#185 post_url

Jan 21 13 5:51 PM

Meh. It started out nice, but then ends up dragging.

I'm revisiting her older stuff. I forgot how awesome of a B-side Squall ni Nurete is. <3 I wish she'd go back to the sound she had for Around the World and some of Conetta's eras.

Quote    Reply   

#186 post_url

Jan 21 13 7:34 PM

All of her Alex material was gold for different reasons... While I love connetta it's just a shame that with that flop winter single they started to ruin her career all over again

Quote    Reply   

#187 post_url

Jan 21 13 8:37 PM

It sounds okay.
It's better than the continual nothing we were getting before. smiley: laugh

I'm happy Future is included though, I like that song, it just sounds cute and promising, full of good vibes and feelings.

Quote    Reply   

#188 post_url

Jan 21 13 9:43 PM

I felt like I was listening to Ai Otsuka after it was over. It sounds like something she or Maki Goto would sing.

That said, the song's okay. I like it a little bit.

Quote    Reply   

#189 post_url

Jan 22 13 3:41 PM

JEWELian wrote:
All of her Alex material was gold for different reasons... While I love connetta it's just a shame that with that flop winter single they started to ruin her career all over again
True, it's such a shame.. She started out well on Avex too..

Last Edited By: choski2 Jan 22 13 3:46 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#190 post_url

Jan 23 13 3:00 PM

munckei wrote:
It sounds okay.

Hmm I don't even know if this is better tbh smiley: laugh this song is boooriiing but I'm not disappointed, I wasn't expecting a lot.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#191 post_url

Jan 23 13 9:20 PM

LeeLeeNeko wrote:
munckei wrote:
It sounds okay.

Hmm I don't even know if this is better tbh smiley: laugh this song is boooriiing but I'm not disappointed, I wasn't expecting a lot.

Hmm, you're right. smiley: laugh
I'm probably just chuffed and think it's okay because I'm blinded by the fact that she's finally release something, anything, haha.

Quote    Reply   

#192 post_url

Jan 23 13 11:49 PM

Yeah, but I don't know why they get her to do ballads... she can sing but she doesn't have a ballad voice. Up-beat electro tracks all the way

Quote    Reply   

#194 post_url

Feb 3 13 2:31 AM

^ lol

I took a listen to the single earlier today. It's a decent single, but isn't very memorable. The remixes could have been better. The Be Together remix is kind of decent, but the other one is a dud.

Quote    Reply   

#195 post_url

Feb 3 13 12:19 PM

choski2 this is an album, how could you possibly confuse it with a single. smiley: roll I so considered canceling my order, but they shipped it already. oh well, guess I'll support you ami.

Quote    Reply   

#196 post_url

Feb 4 13 1:57 AM

^ Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm just used to how they used to do it in the past where something like this would be called a "maxi-single" usually, like with Ayumi's older, 10-track singles. Also usually it was only the singles that had the instrumentals/karaoke tracks on them, not the albums.. I wonder why they changed the format...

Quote    Reply   

#197 post_url

Feb 4 13 6:40 AM

Well as for me, I´m quite contempt with the singe, I mean... I wasn´t expecting anything to begin with so, sometimes it really helps not having any expectations at all haha!.

Quote    Reply   

#198 post_url

Feb 11 13 7:25 AM

Not a massive release as we all know already, but I enjoyed it for what it offered. C28268d64cb614f8844920c1b302440aff8ddd1f_r

Hopefully it is not another 3 years before we get another 'album', haha.

Quote    Reply   

#200 post_url

Feb 12 13 2:17 AM

Blue Bullet wrote:
Well as for me, I´m quite contempt with the singe, I mean... I wasn´t expecting anything to begin with so, sometimes it really helps not having any expectations at all haha!.
Freudian slip? Haha.

Taken at face value and not comparing to some of her much better, older material, I actually really enjoyed this mini (Future and Shining excluded...feel like I've heard sooo many J-Pop songs that sound like those...). It was obviously thrown together with the old songs but I enjoyed it, and surprisingly enough I LOVE the remix of BE TOGETHER.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help