Remove this ad

seca

#21 post_url

Feb 8 12 9:57 PM

So, I hear Jin is getting married to Kuroki Meisa and she is two months pregnant already. Any thoughts from Jin fans?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#23 post_url

Feb 9 12 2:15 AM

71136fd96943b08942b082089991c3dea09bce0b_r I'm not a fan of Jin, but I don't think he's a playboy. Jin really likes kids and wants to get his own as early as possible, I know at least that much. So if the news is true, then good for him.

Quote    Reply   

#26 post_url

Feb 12 12 5:35 AM

Head of Johnny's already came out and said Jin will get punished for what he did. He will probably go on an unannounced hiatus for good couple years to serve his sentence. There was a rumor about him doing a remake of GTO recently but the talk has died down after what happened.

Quote    Reply   

#27 post_url

Feb 12 12 7:41 PM

Stupid, rotten agency. It's astounding how idols get treated in Japan. I don't mind Jin rebelling one bit, as I'm sure he's got good reasons to do so (though he'll now have to pay the consequences). I just hope this isn't just a shotgun wedding, and that he and Meisa are happy with each other. I wish them the best.

Quote    Reply   

#28 post_url

Feb 13 12 3:36 AM

You read the whole situation wrong.

He's not punishing Jin for getting married, he's punishing Jin for NOT TELLING THE AGENCY FIRST. The jimusho actually found out from the freaking newspaper!

Imagine yourself as a boss of an entertainment agency. One of your idols is gossiped with a another celebrity. You issued a statement saying that those two are 'only friends.' Then 2 weeks later, news come out about the girl pregnant and them getting married, and then you idol called you and finally told you that the report is true and they are actually already married! You actually found out about their marriage from the newspaper first, and not from your idol himself! So what would you do?

Jin's lack of professionalism is legendary, and this totally makes the agency lose face. At least if he wants to get married, tell the boss first so that the agency can handle damage control in a much proper way. If he can't be bothered to at least be RESPONSIBLE about this, how would you expect him to responsible in the marriage and family itself?

Kitagawa can punish him all he wants for Jin's lack professionalism for all I care. He deserves it.

Quote    Reply   

#29 post_url

Feb 13 12 7:26 AM

I find it hard to see him getting punished that severely. A lot of money has already been spent on producing his new english album which is less than a month away, and he's got the part in the huge Keanu Reeves movie which is a great chance for some mainstream exposure. I don't think that will all be thrown away. They may not like what he's done, but I'm sure they don't like losing money a lot more.

Quote    Reply   

#30 post_url

Feb 13 12 7:52 AM

While Jin is reckless for sure, I still think that what's often considered unprofessionalism from him is him acting indifferent to a system that doesn't value its' own people as human beings – because they're just considered cash cows in the end. I do think he's immature and not particularly intelligent about certain things (much like Sawajiri Erika), but I also think a lot of it is overblown. It's sad that he'd have to announce his marriage early to the agency in order to allow for "damage control", because such terms shouldn't even be in the same sentence in the first place (and you know they’d be, gossip issue or not – because marriages and dating are always touchy topics in Japan).

I also agree his “method” (if you can call it that way) was irresponsible and inelegant – I’d much rather he’d been up-front the whole time – but on the other hand, as far as I'm concerned, none of this would have happened if the Jimusho didn't instill and encourage a star/studio system like the one Hollywood used to have some 50 years ago, so I think there’s blame on both sides. The Jimusho wouldn't have to save face if they didn't make such a fuss about their starts' love lives in the first place.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 post_url

Feb 13 12 7:54 AM

whitedove wrote:

Jin's lack of professionalism is legendary, and this totally makes the agency lose face. 
Kitagawa can punish him all he wants for Jin's lack professionalism for all I care. He deserves it.

Agreed!

But I don't think there will be any harsh punishments like suspending works though since marrying isn't a crime, not like underage smoking or drinking. Meisa's probably the one having it harder on work than Jin since she is (probably) pregnant.

Anyone know what happened at Kimura's time? There was a press conference and he announced it at a concert after a fax, right?

Quote    Reply   

#32 post_url

Feb 13 12 10:10 AM

Well Damn I think I feel worse for the child that's gonna be born if everyone is acting this mean to the parents, cant imagine how they are gonna treat the child.

Quote    Reply   

#33 post_url

Feb 13 12 5:50 PM

linlin wrote:
whitedove wrote:

Jin's lack of professionalism is legendary, and this totally makes the agency lose face. 

Agreed!

But I don't think there will be any harsh punishments like suspending works though since marrying isn't a crime, not like underage smoking or drinking. Meisa's probably the one having it harder on work than Jin since she is (probably) pregnant.

Anyone know what happened at Kimura's time? There was a press conference and he announced it at a concert after a fax, right?

We really can't compare this with Kimura's situation. Kimura and Shizuka had dated for months and he did inform the agency before he got married. He held a press conference by himself without help from the agency and he announced it at a concert first after the tabloid published the rumor about the pregnancy but before the agency sent the fax. Another difference is Kimura's status and Jin's status. Kimura was and still is the biggest star the agency ever managed, he had tons of CMs, successful dramas and movies and he has SMAP, the biggest act of the agency at the time. Jin doesn't have any of that. It would be harder and stupid for Johnny to punish Kimura by pulling off planned projects or not giving him the new ones. But it won't be that costly for Johnny to shelf Jin after his current deals are done. If Japonicana flops or 47 Ronin only has a moderate success in Japan, he probably will just let Jin disappear.

Quote    Reply   

#34 post_url

Feb 13 12 10:34 PM

Tbh I think they've both acted irresponsibly and kinda dumb actually but I'm not into the "agency should have been told first" thing. If they were in the states this would be a non issue. I realize in Japan these agency's have a lot of control over their talent and I think that sucks. Besides ppl are used to seeing these shotgun weddings, this is nothing new unfortunately. I don't see why either one of them should be punished. For what, living.

Quote    Reply   

#35 post_url

Feb 15 12 1:17 AM

Well if the agency had not published the statement about them being only friends before the papers announced the marriage, it probably wouldn't be that big of an issue.

BUT,

The agency did, due to Jin's lack of responsibility, and it wasn't Jin who looked like the idiot now. It's the agency. Protect the agency's image or protect the star?

Quote    Reply   

#36 post_url

Feb 15 12 11:43 AM

The company could have simply decline to comment on personal inquiries especially relating to love life-- it would avoid this mess! In this system, everyone looses...

Quote    Reply   

#37 post_url

Feb 15 12 3:38 PM

twilightsky wrote:
The company could have simply decline to comment on personal inquiries especially relating to love life-- it would avoid this mess! In this system, everyone looses...
I think that's the best option too. People date all the time without it leading to anything serious, the agency or star shouldn't confirm or deny anything, until there is something serious to announce (like the marriage/pregnancy in this case) or unless the stars actually want their relationship to go public beforehand.

Quote    Reply   

#38 post_url

Feb 15 12 11:52 PM

Well if Jin isn't an idol it wouldn't matter since the agency will most likely deny to comment any further, and it's been proven to be so even in Japan (like the recent Fukuyama Masaharu dating rumor where he himself denied it and the agency just followed as he wished). But Jin is an idol, and in Japan (as well as a major part of Asia), what you did reflect back on you. And with Jin doing what he did is just showing his irresponsibility. Also when the agency denied the rumour in the first place (which was only days before he registered his marriage), he didn't even bother to at least let the agency know that the rumour was actually true. Then a few days later he got married. That's called being irresponsible, IMO.

Idols practically sign his/her life away with the agencies when they (or their parents) decided that they want to become an idol. That also means his public image is now the agency's 'property'. Why do you think AKB48 actually have that no-dating rule? Johnnys Jimusho talentd are told not to let public know you're dating until you're at least 28 (at least according to Nakai, and that's also the age when Kimura Takuya got married). Besides the whole idol rules, it is also to prevent suicide attempts from fans like how it was back then with Kimutaku. Kondo Masahiko was kinda freely (in a way) dating both Nakamori Akina and Matsuda Seiko before this whole idol thing exploded with millions of teenage fans in the 90s.

Quote    Reply   

#39 post_url

Feb 16 12 12:26 AM

^I am well aware about idols and the nature of the system that they operate it - I think most fans understand that way it works. I can't speak for others, but for myself - my comment wasn't aiming to talk about Jin/Meisa side. I totally agree that Jin or Meisa made mistakes/are irresponsible. Having said that, my comment was to point out that in this current world, the idol agencies and their polices regarding love life/dating is oppressive and out of date. There are other ways around, such as no comment policy, that would be mutually more beneficiary to all involved. Idols are idols yes but they are young people too - mistakes will be made -- plenty of cases to prove this.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help