Remove this ad

#164 post_url

Jun 5 14 7:35 AM

Glad to hear there'll be a new album after all.

Can't say I like the new song...at all. It's way too long, and I can't stand the vocal style TAKUYA is using.

Quote    Reply   

#170 post_url

Jun 29 14 11:57 PM

"IMPACT" is a nice song! Are there any previews of the album?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#171 post_url

Jun 30 14 1:09 AM

^They're available on Tower.jp, though I'm refraining from listening to them at this point, since the album will probably leak within the next day or two.

Quote    Reply   

#172 post_url

Jul 1 14 11:52 PM

All right, I just finished my first listen to "0 Choir".  I think the best way that I can describe my opinion of this album is "intrigued".  Since while the release itself is pretty strong (I don't really expect less from them), it's the avenues that they might explore that are teased that are most interesting to me.  Tracks like "ENOUGH-1", "KICK ga Jiyuu", and the closer and title track "0 Choir" show that they've far from tapped all of their fonts of inspiration - they just need to take a more complete step towards them.  Still, I hope they don't lose what they exhibit during songs like "a LOVELY TONE" and "Arubeki Katachi", since it's the quirks in those two that make them who they are.

To discuss the album itself a bit more, there's a lot of sax all over it (as has become characteristic of UVERworld these days), but that's not a surprise considering they've just gained a permanent saxophonist.  I think the album really does come together as a whole, though it has this ... kind of "oppressive" feeling that seems to hang over a lot of it.  It might have something to do with their focus on harder sounds for most of the record.  Still, on the whole I'd call "0 Choir" a good transition album for UVERworld and I'm excited to see where they choose to go next.

Quote    Reply   

#175 post_url

Feb 2 15 12:55 AM

The band's been pretty quiet as far as new music goes, right? It's a far cry from their earlier days when they were releasing an album every year. (Not that I'm complaining, I like when bands take a little more time between releases).

Anyhow, despite what I just said, their official site announced a new song, "Collide", will be used as an insert song for the movie "Shibuya Swan".

Quote    Reply   

#176 post_url

Feb 2 15 6:55 AM

They are doing lives constantly, they are very active in that aspect. I like it when bands take some more time, too, but sometimes it's just the label wanting to pump out as much stuff as possible (Ikimono-gakari is a good example, they really need a break to come up with something new... they are very stale now). I think there's a new live DVD/BD coming in March for their Kyocera Dome live too.

Quote    Reply   

#177 post_url

Feb 28 15 10:30 PM

Another listing on generasia has UVERworld releasing a single on [2015.05.13]. I haven't heard anything, but with "Collide" having been announced, it doesn't seem so far-fetched.

Quote    Reply   

#178 post_url

Mar 9 15 6:46 AM

wth happened to the forum D:

Anyway, they finally announced the new DVD/BD, and it's a long one! http://natalie.mu/music/news/140430
Also a few big shows in September:

2015年9月2日(水)東京都 国立代々木競技場第一体育館
2015年9月3日(木)東京都 国立代々木競技場第一体育館
2015年9月5日(土)東京都 国立代々木競技場第一体育館(※女祭り)
2015年9月6日(日)東京都 国立代々木競技場第一体育館(※女祭り)
2015年9月12日(土)兵庫県 ワールド記念ホール
2015年9月13日(日)兵庫県 ワールド記念ホール(※男祭り)

Quote    Reply   

#180 post_url

Mar 17 15 7:12 AM

Another new song announced. This one, titled "Boku no Kotoba dewa Nai Kore wa Bokutachi no Kotoba", will be used as the opening theme for the anime "Arslan Senki".

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help