Remove this ad

RicH

#261 post_url

Feb 14 15 7:07 AM

^ Maybe it's for just me, but all the DVD files I saw throught the years, all of them had lyrics on it.
Seems like the record company orders the MVs from independent studios, they get them and burn 'subtitles' to them .

So if you want to find 'clean' files, it's better to check up the MV's production company's video channels*** instead the artist's channels. (In Taiwan I know only Grass Jelly and Bounce Visual), but maybe Linoa knows more

***not always youtube channels, you see Vimeo is here for us

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#262 post_url

Feb 14 15 7:18 AM

Mmkay. Now that I'm thinking about it I'm vaguely remembering that the Wang Lee Hom DVD had subs. I was just curious cuz the Grass Jelly watermark reeeeally bothers me lololol, so I'd rather see a non-watermarked version of those videos. But honestly, when I was watching I Love, I Embrace, it actually kind of looked strange without the subs to me. Possibly just because I'm so used to them being there? (Like, as a genre staple, since the Vimeo HD version was the first time I watched the video). So either way, it's not that big of a deal to me, but it is interesting to see non-subbed C-Pop vids

Quote    Reply   

#264 post_url

Feb 16 15 1:42 AM

Linoa62 wrote:
sora2522 wrote:
Mmkay. Now that I'm thinking about it I'm vaguely remembering that the Wang Lee Hom DVD had subs. I was just curious cuz the Grass Jelly watermark reeeeally bothers me lololol, so I'd rather see a non-watermarked version of those videos. But honestly, when I was watching I Love, I Embrace, it actually kind of looked strange without the subs to me. Possibly just because I'm so used to them being there? (Like, as a genre staple, since the Vimeo HD version was the first time I watched the video). So either way, it's not that big of a deal to me, but it is interesting to see non-subbed C-Pop vids
RicH is right, it's very (very) rare to see C-Pop MVs without subs.
These ones are without subs because they have been posted by the studio, not by Warner. I Love, I Embrace is a "very clean" version here since Jolin's name, the song's name or the song's credits don't even appear in the video.
In DVDs the subs are here as well. It used to be the same for concerts, but concerning Jolin, since MUSE IN LIVE you can choose to see the subs or not now.

I totally get your feeling, feels weird to me when subs aren't there in MVs... I'm too used to them now I guess.
Thanks~ You'd think I'd know this, being Taiwanese, but I'm totally not into C-Pop whatsoever aside from alan and Wang Lee Hom. I only got into Jolin with MUSE aha. I'm glad the MV studios decided to post their clean versions. It's kind of refreshing

As for I Love, I Embrace's video, I kind of like it. The kaleidescope scenes are a little bit cheesy, but overall I like how simplistic it is. Kind of gives it a more internal psyche feel to it, versus being super dramatic and whatnot

Quote    Reply   

RicH

#266 post_url

Feb 18 15 11:29 PM

Well...

Quote    Reply   

#268 post_url

Feb 20 15 3:11 PM

Linoa62 wrote:
@RicH
If you want to check them out, Indila, Stromae, Kendji Girac or Black M are very popular right now. I have no idea who is this "RoBERT" XD #sidenote (Sorry I don't know how to make spoilers here lol)

Just type [ spoiler]text[/ spoiler] without spaces.

Quote    Reply   

#270 post_url

Mar 15 15 9:32 PM

Do we know what date the tickets go on sale for her Taipei shows? I'm going to get some with my friends (I think they sell them through 7-11) - all I know is around the end of March?!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#273 post_url

Apr 3 15 12:33 AM

YES! SO excited, i'll be buying tickets for 22nd, probably the 2500 dollar ticket!

I think they're going to sell out super quickly, my friend said that when this happens there are queues at the 7-11 machines!

Quote    Reply   

#275 post_url

Apr 12 15 5:45 AM

I GOT TICKETS!!

3 for 22nd. My god though, the system kept freezing, and none of my other friends were able to get any, there was so much demand it was insane

Quote    Reply   

#276 post_url

Apr 12 15 7:44 AM

They go on sale on 15th at 11:30! I think some people will have problems with that because it's the middle of the day. Or I guess a lot of people will be taking an early lunch :p

and of course! I can't wait, my school term ends that day too, and the next day a vacation to Japan, but Jolin is definitely the highlight haha. I hope even though it's the first date everything goes smoothly!

Quote    Reply   

#277 post_url

Apr 29 15 8:28 AM

Only finally got around to give her new album a spin and I have to say it's not as instant as Muse or Myself were. Though none of the songs are particularly bad, they aren't too fantastic either - and somewhat a bit heavy on the ballad side. But my god her videos are just jawdropping! They all have great visuals (and budget lol - at leats they look expensive and a lot of efforts have gone into them), better than many other music videos I've watched recently...

Quote    Reply   

#280 post_url

Jun 6 15 5:07 PM

she's not much of a performer... lol
I do love Play and I'm Not Yours tho

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help