Remove this ad

#241 post_url

Feb 4 15 5:31 PM

In that case, she should have just waited to release "Re-Play" I kind of find it pointless to buy a collection of an era that is only 95% complete. Dont understand the logic behind it, but I guess it gives meaning to purchase the live DVD/BD.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#242 post_url

Feb 4 15 5:54 PM

Linoa62 wrote:
mitsuhoney wrote:
So Miss Trouble is not included as a MV, I thought she would have made one. frown.gif Oh well...
If they really stuck to the idea of a visual album, there will be one... Maybe they will reveal it later but it won't be on any release like Beast and I?
Or she will release another repackage which will include PLAY Concert and Miss Trouble MV, like Agent J Celebration Edition (DVD w/ Agent J Concert + LET'S MOVE IT MV)?
I also think it's weird that they stopped releasing makings on her YouTube channel after The Third Person And I...

Oh no, if they're doing that I don't wanna buy this. smiley: sick

Quote    Reply   

RicH

#243 post_url

Feb 5 15 8:54 AM

Miss Trouble MV credit is NOT listed @ Medusa Edition's booklet right now. Only 9 MVs listed. All we know now is this.
So don't give up!

Quote    Reply   

#245 post_url

Feb 5 15 3:56 PM

Linoa62 wrote:
DeepFried wrote:
Linoa62 wrote:
If they really stuck to the idea of a visual album, there will be one... Maybe they will reveal it later but it won't be on any release like Beast and I?
Or she will release another repackage which will include PLAY Concert and Miss Trouble MV, like Agent J Celebration Edition (DVD w/ Agent J Concert + LET'S MOVE IT MV)?
I also think it's weird that they stopped releasing makings on her YouTube channel after The Third Person And I...

Oh no, if they're doing that I don't wanna buy this. smiley: sick
The thing is, we don't know if they will indeed do that lol

You're right! I'm gonna get this release because I really wanted the MVs anyways. If they release another version you'll buy it for me OK? Deal. smiley: wink

Quote    Reply   

RicH

#248 post_url

Feb 7 15 6:14 AM

in I Love I Embrace 自爱自受MV  , Jolin has her short ~with blonds~ hair. She's crying, and tied up on a chair, some kaleidoscope effects like in Medusa, etc...

Last Edited By: RicH Feb 7 15 6:21 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#249 post_url

Feb 7 15 8:59 AM

I love this album so much (I truly love every single song except for "Phony Queen" which is meh and "The Third Person And I" which is the most generic ballad I've heard in a while) but I've been so disappointed by the MVs. I especially love "I Love, I Embrace" so I had pretty high expectations for the video but... yeah smiley: eyes
At least the first few MVs looked like they had a decent budget, especially "Play". Actually it's probably the only video I enjoyed smiley: laugh. And I wouldn't count having an MV for "Miss Trouble", she definitely would've released it on the repackage or at least wait for it to be shot because that doesn't make sense. Seeing how cheap the one for "I Love, I Embrace" is, I'd rather not have anything anyway tbh.

And I also think she could've added a few songs or remixes, especially considering it's a 10-track album. Oh well.

Quote    Reply   

RicH

#250 post_url

Feb 7 15 2:30 PM

^ +1
And yes, magical 10 tracks everywhere.
Make 11 songs, and everybody loses their mind and tabloids are about you'll have a burnout cause the overworking XDDD

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#251 post_url

Feb 7 15 2:53 PM

Oh god I just wrote an answer but it got deleted somehow, thanks Yuku. Anyway, it's kind of a shame because even though "Phony Queen" and "I'm Not Yours" were high-budget videos, I think they could've been a lot better (not that I really care about the former). "PLAY" is great tho. And I don't listen to C-Pop actually, I don't really like the language -my apologies to anyone who speaks Mandarin- but I love the album so much that I forced myself to 'deal with it' smiley: laugh. I also listened to "The Great Artist" but not the full album, is it as good?

I like the messages they're supposed to convey, but the videos themselves didn't impress me at all. "I Love, I Embrace" is definitely one of my favorite songs off the album so I'll just pretend this video doesn't exist. The songs are amazing so they deserved much better imo.

Another thing that disappointed me is the fact Jolin only did the singing on this album. I might be wrong but I believe she only co-composed "I'm Not Yours"? Then again Namie does the same and she's my favorite Japanese singer. It's just that Jolin seems like a really interesting person to me. Maybe it's just me but she seems kind of introverted, and I wish she would take part in the writing of the lyrics.

Quote    Reply   

#252 post_url

Feb 7 15 4:26 PM

Well I did like the ballads in "PLAY" except for "The Third Person and I" so I guess I'll try listening to "MUSE"! But I do remember loving the whole visual concept and photoshoots for the album, I'm also amazed by the number of photoshoots she does for each album (I don't know if it's always been like that but it definitely makes me want to get my hands on a physical copy). The fact that she produced the whole album is amazing. I've just read on your blog that the production cost almost reached $2 million (à propos tu as dû te tromper parce que tu as mis 2 milliards d'euros en équivalent, ça m'a choqué haha). It's indeed a shame we only get 10 songs every 2 years, I guess it was worth the wait this time tho.

And I've read she sold 75k copies, that doesn't sound like a lot. Maybe it is for a Taiwanese artist? I guess she makes most of her money thanks to the tour anyway.

Quote    Reply   

#253 post_url

Feb 7 15 6:51 PM

Yeah I was also waiting for the repackage because I expected it to have more songs somehow smiley: laugh. MVs do make sense for a visual album I guess, but they're almost all in HD on YouTube and if it's region 3 I won't be able to play it anyway. I kinda want the photobooks but I'll probably leaf through them once and never open them again. The calendar would look great on my shelf but it looks more like an organizer. (Oui je suis français)

Quote    Reply   

#254 post_url

Feb 8 15 5:15 AM

LeeLeeNeko wrote:
And I don't listen to C-Pop actually, I don't really like the language -my apologies to anyone who speaks Mandarin-
how dare u i m so hurt sobs

Personally I like MUSE more than PLAY as an album overall, although after the music videos and second listen, I actually am growing to like PLAY a lot. Definitely gonna see if I can get my aunt to pick up a copy of the repackage and maybe MUSE too, that's way overdue for me tbh

Quote    Reply   

#255 post_url

Feb 8 15 10:33 AM

^ Haha sorry smiley: roll But I'm actually starting to somewhat like the language.
Oh and since the repackage was called "International Edition" I was kinda hoping they would provide a booklet with translations (especially since "I'm Not Yours" was subbed) but yeah... It's okay because translations are available on your blog Linoa, but you know it would've been great. I wish I could just go to my local music store and pick the album up because I really don't want to pay shipping costs smiley: tiredso broke

Quote    Reply   

#257 post_url

Feb 13 15 1:46 AM

Thanks for that (and for twilightsky for linking me!). The quality is amazing, although the Grass Jelly watermark bothered me. +1 for the instrumental!

Quote    Reply   

#260 post_url

Feb 13 15 5:48 PM

Do Taiwanese DVDs typically have the lyrics on the videos? I only have one other Taiwanese DVD (Wang Lee Hom's Heroes of Earth I think is a CD+DVD if I'm not mistaken, but iunno where my copy is at the moment ), so I was just curious

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help