Remove this ad

#81 post_url

Jul 24 15 2:26 PM

^ same here.. also on other artist pages; I really want to know where they got the information about the Asia sales of Ayumi Hamasaki..

~I don't like "Feel" at all.. excited how the next sales will be and right there was no hit on..

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#84 post_url

Jul 29 15 6:18 AM

It's always kinda boring after the release of her studio albums.
I know she is preparing for her upcoming tour but come on... it's to quite!
I want something that gets me excited!

Cute picture from her btw.

Quote    Reply   

#85 post_url

Jul 29 15 7:55 AM

Khaled wrote:
It's always kinda boring after the release of her studio albums.
I know she is preparing for her upcoming tour but come on... it's to quite!
I want something that gets me excited! happy.gif

Cute picture from her btw.
uhm, she's been doing this for the past few tours, it doesn't make any sense for her to put out materials or bother promoting on social media, from BF tour 2008-2009 up to LS 2014, it's been like this, and no one seems complaining though. Namie is a very shy person, and I see that it's her strong point that fans love about her.

Quote    Reply   

#86 post_url

Jul 29 15 8:05 AM

I'm a big fan of her since PLAY, so I know what she is doing...

I don't want to complain or anything, I just don't like it when there isn't something new about her.
It feels like _genic was released 6 months ago, I don't know why

I guess I just cannot wait for the Livegenic tour.

Quote    Reply   

#87 post_url

Jul 29 15 11:53 AM

I'm excited for Livegenic. For some reason, I think it'll be different than her past 3 tours. Or at least more variety of song choices. (Please, no Feel songs!)

I wish Namie would get an Instagram but we all know that ain't happening in this lifetime.

Quote    Reply   

#88 post_url

Jul 29 15 12:42 PM

Shy people don't use Instagram. In fact using Facebook itself is already exhausting for us. We're also prone to being absent without any news whatsoever for weeks, sometimes months. One time my friends thought I died because I went missing for weeks. It just so happened I was taking a vacation in another country and didn't bother to tell my friends. I imagine Namie is probably the same.

Source: I'm shy.

Quote    Reply   

#89 post_url

Jul 29 15 2:28 PM

glimmeringneon wrote:
Shy people don't use Instagram. In fact using Facebook itself is already exhausting for us. We're also prone to being absent without any news whatsoever for weeks, sometimes months. One time my friends thought I died because I went missing for weeks. It just so happened I was taking a vacation in another country and didn't bother to tell my friends. I imagine Namie is probably the same.

Source: I'm shy.

Lmao

Quote    Reply   

NATE

JPC Admin

#90 post_url

Jul 29 15 4:00 PM

Her shyness literally has nothing to do with her promoting stuff. You people are ridiculous.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#91 post_url

Jul 29 15 7:33 PM

Nate wrote:
Her shyness literally has nothing to do with her promoting stuff. You people are ridiculous.

Yeah it depends on what you classify as 'promoting'. Her FB is quite clearly promotional as they only post pics of her magazines, PVs, albums or lives. Never does Namie just pop on and post something random. And since FB (and even twitter for that matter) can just be managed by her staff, it doesn't affect her 'promotion'.

But Instagram is different. Her staffers taking selfies aint gonna do anything - it has to be Namie who takes pics and stuff. So clearly her shyness would stop her from doing that. That's cool.

The thing is, Instagram isn't really about promoting. I was checking through CKAY's and yeah she keeps mentioning her songs and new stuff, but its just selfies of her chilling, partying or working out - which tbh is just a casual instagram account.

Namie isn't actually shy about taking pics though. Remember during the BEST FICTION tour, i'm pretty sure she kept like a blog or something. I remember her taking pictures and stuff from behind the scenes. You can even see in the DVD/BR during the dancer intro in WOWA how Namie has her phone out recording it. She clearly isn't shy about taking pics - heck why would she be she's stunning.

So yeah... why she isn't on Instagram... idk. It's weird coz neither is Ayu or Kuu. And Ayu actually uses Twitter - i would have thought that she atleast would join.

OK correction, Ayu just joined instagram like 4 weeks ago. She only has 1 pic though.

Quote    Reply   

NATE

JPC Admin

#92 post_url

Jul 29 15 10:16 PM

People need to stop taking certain things about Namie and amping them 1000 percent. She doesn't promote heavily, because she does not want to not because she's some agoraphobic weirdo. STOP. Sometimes you guys make the stupidest assertions. Not everything is a symptom of her supposed shyness. Rising Pro always charged fans for behind-the-scenes pictures and Namie continues to do the same through her official fan club site. And guess what? So do Kuu and Ayu. Namie has never shared her personal life with her fans. EVER. And it's not cause she's shy. Fans wouldn't get anything from an instagram she didn't already post on her Facebook.

Quote    Reply   

#93 post_url

Jul 30 15 12:26 AM

^ I guess the term being used here is "Shyness", we cannot simply deny the fact that the way she acts is a trait related to being shy, secretive may even coined by some, no need to blame the fans for this, or saying that they're stupid in some way, of course fans outside (or even inside) Japan were really curious about her and why she doesn't do spiels on concerts or even promote her stuff on TV like the usual acts do, but still find a solid success in the Industry. I actually find this okay, and I never question on how she's doing lately with her life or how she's not taking the social media by storm (like suing her "own" personal Instagram, Facebook or even Twitter), but we cannot simply stop the fans into getting to know her or question about her personal life, that's the way it is.

Quote    Reply   

NATE

JPC Admin

#94 post_url

Jul 30 15 12:45 AM

I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say. I cannot deny? I fully deny it, because choosing not do things is not directly related to any kind of personality traits. Shyness is not the same as being secretive, not even remotely. You make it sound like one personality trait (which is greatly overblown) dictates the entirety of her life. And as far as MCs in concerts are concerned, she doesn't do them because she believes they break up the mood and pacing of a concert. She's only said this a million times. Mystery solved.

pAiZaLa wrote:
but we cannot simply stop the fans into getting to know her or question about her personal life, that's the way it is.

And I didn't say anyone could.

Quote    Reply   

#95 post_url

Jul 30 15 3:38 AM

Namie is shy when it comes to interacting with people and that's completely normal. But if it's all business such as performing and doing photo shoots she's all professional about it. It took her years to finally create a FB page and months to actually get more involved. An Instagram page is not too farfetched.

Quote    Reply   

#96 post_url

Jul 30 15 4:51 AM

NATE wrote:
I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say. I cannot deny? I fully deny it, because choosing not do things is not directly related to any kind of personality traits. Shyness is not the same as being secretive, not even remotely. You make it sound like one personality trait (which is greatly overblown) dictates the entirety of her life. And as far as MCs in concerts are concerned, she doesn't do them because she believes they break up the mood and pacing of a concert. She's only said this a million times. Mystery solved.
you made it sound like you're stating a fact here, her persona is what makes her fans love her, she doesn't need to pull some strings just to make a scene or to be talked about. like what I've said, terms are being coined by different fans; shyness or being secretive based on what they've seen or observed from her, and that is not being stupid like what you've said in the last post, if there is anything to be cleared about it, then it can be said, everyday there is a new Namie fan want to explore who Namie really is, it is not stupid to make some assumptions, and I wouldn't even call it assertion, everyone here is contributing on what they know about Namie, if there is some mistakes, it can be corrected, but it is quite off to call them stupid smiley: smile

Quote    Reply   

#97 post_url

Jul 30 15 6:37 AM

I know Nate does not need someone fighting his battles, but what he said was the assertion was stupid.

Namie's private life is where she is secretive. We have no business knowing anything about her she does not want to share.

She can definitely be shy, but she's a performer. She puts on a performance, an act if you will. That's what she does.
It's very obvious her Facebook stuff is done by management, or an assistant.

Namie has proved herself as an artist for many years, and doesn't need to prove anything to anyone. She makes her music, performs on stage, gives the fans fantastic shows and goes home. That's all she needs to do.
I don't understand the point of taking selfies and how that helps an artist. I see it as something people use to try and brush their ego. I actually stopped following Ayu on Twitter because I was tired of seeing silly pouty faces that have nothing to do with her as an artist. I want to know about her music and her creative process and thoughts behind her music (like she used to do).

Social media for virtually any artist is used for promotion. I think her social media does what it needs to do, "Hey, new music!" or "New magazine out Friday!"

I myself like Namie the way she is. She does things the way she wants to do them, not the way others do. I believe that's the reason she has made it as successful for as long as she has.

Last Edited By: elaniel Jul 30 15 6:40 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

NATE

JPC Admin

#98 post_url

Jul 30 15 8:46 AM

elaniel wrote:
I know Nate does not need someone fighting his battles, but what he said was the assertion was stupid.

Thank you. I didn't call anyone stupid, so stop saying I did. Ridiculous, yes. Stupid, no.

I agree with the rest of your post as well, elaniel.

Quote    Reply   

#99 post_url

Jul 31 15 8:34 AM

For an artist that gets involved heavily into social media are usually the new and upcoming new artists or even artists that struggles to remain relevant. They needed to build a following from all aspects cause we all know talent isn't enough for this generation in order to survive. Namie is different. She is an established artist where all over Japan knows her well enough from her 20+ years in the biz. Namie's personal life leaves a lot to the imagination so therefore it is what keeps fans still have interest in her life and music today. At the end of the day she is known and respected as an artist in the industry.

Last Edited By: ntouch Jul 31 15 8:40 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#100 post_url

Jul 31 15 3:15 PM

Why is there always so much drama in this thread, jesus

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help