Remove this ad

#21 post_url

Jul 5 15 5:39 AM

She's not on Line Music either.  Weird given that a lot of popular artists are and she's been fairly internet savvy recently.  (Even some MAX is on Line Music, lol.)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#24 post_url

Jul 6 15 4:56 AM

after listening for more than a week, i like majority of the album, except BWIW2B. interesting to see that Tiger contributed to the 2 songs with some Japanese lyrics....he must be pretty good with lyrics that suit Namie. whats wrong with Zedd's song that got it eliminated? too cheesy? (I love Heaven)
With more than 200 songs in initial pool, i think some of the eliminated songs can be made into single B-sides even though they don't fit into the album's theme

Last Edited By: batman Jul 6 15 4:59 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#26 post_url

Jul 6 15 8:24 AM

So many views for Golden Touch & over 200k copies of _genic sold! ^o^ Queen Namisus stays slaying lessors

Now if only I had the album! Dx I pre-ordered in May CDJ did so much craziness & made it take so long for my orders just I combined it w/ another pre-order so I could get the extra points mind as well have a reason to wait + get more out of it.

Quote    Reply   

#27 post_url

Jul 6 15 12:43 PM

soon _Genic will outsold STYLE it is rare that an artist is able to sold more 12 years later!! and on Recochoku the album is still in the top 5

Quote    Reply   

#28 post_url

Jul 6 15 1:51 PM

That's what I was saying earlier, when people we're panicking :p

She said it herself, others and younger people can try to beat/top her or w/e, but it doesn't happen. Her reign is solid like Utada & her family (grandmother, mom Keiko Fuji, & her; the slayage kept coming :p ) xD Lessors & trolls can remain mad.

Quote    Reply   

#29 post_url

Jul 6 15 2:09 PM

Nah, the album's not available in the U.S iTunes yet. Which totally sucks, I want to buy Stranger so bad. I guess I'll go with Amazon Japan for the digital downloads then.

Quote    Reply   

#30 post_url

Jul 7 15 1:51 AM

batman wrote:
after listening for more than a week, i like majority of the album, except BWIW2B. interesting to see that Tiger contributed to the 2 songs with some Japanese lyrics....he must be pretty good with lyrics that suit Namie. whats wrong with Zedd's song that got it eliminated? too cheesy? (I love Heaven)
With more than 200 songs in initial pool, i think some of the eliminated songs can be made into single B-sides even though they don't fit into the album's theme
I believe that it was never confirmed that Zedd contributed for this album in any way, just that the news coverage mentioned his contribution to FEEL (and the possibility of more international collaboration for _genic? I could be wrong about this whole thing though but I'm sure that's what it was)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 post_url

Jul 7 15 3:24 AM

Namie Amuro: New single "TSUKI" (2014.01.29) + New BD/DVD "namie amuro FEEL tour 2013" (2014.02.26)

Now we wait for Live Genic 2015-2016..

Quote    Reply   

#32 post_url

Jul 7 15 4:46 AM

FokinRG wrote:
Nah, the album's not available in the U.S iTunes yet. Which totally sucks, I want to buy Stranger so bad. I guess I'll go with Amazon Japan for the digital downloads then.

Weird that they ignore the US iTunes, maybe it's got something to do with What I Did For Love? Then again, they could've just excluded it.
Anyway, I will never understand why this or that release isn't released on iTunes worldwide.

Quote    Reply   

#33 post_url

Jul 7 15 9:44 AM

Got my copies of live style in the mail from YAJ and the seller sealed them really nicely so I don't want to open them and ruin the re-seal job he did

Anyone know anywhere online to grab a 320 CD version of live style CD?
I have the live ballada disc in my itunes but the regular version with 29 songs is literally the only namie release I don't have in my library and it's driving me insane, especially since I spent weeks filling it in properly and now i'm just missing one album for completion ・`Д´・

Quote    Reply   

#34 post_url

Jul 7 15 11:08 AM

Kataclysm03 wrote:
That's what I was saying earlier, when people we're panicking :p

She said it herself, others and younger people can try to beat/top her or w/e, but it doesn't happen. Her reign is solid like Utada & her family (grandmother, mom Keiko Fuji, & her; the slayage kept coming :p ) xD Lessors & trolls can remain mad.
I hope you're not initiating wars here smiley: laugh

Namie is well aware about her contemporaries, in fact, she do mind them and taking it as a form of challenge.

I'm not sure about Utada, but I think her comeback this year/next year will not be as big compare to her comeback in 2011, yes she may snatched up the number 1 spot, but not a sure impact in the sales overall, though I'm pretty sure her concert will be a sold-out one.

Quote    Reply   

#35 post_url

Jul 7 15 2:27 PM

pAiZaLa wrote:
Kataclysm03 wrote:That's what I was saying earlier, when people we're panicking :p

I hope you're not initiating wars here image

Namie is well aware about her contemporaries, in fact, she do mind them and taking it as a form of challenge.

I'm not sure about Utada, but I think her comeback this year/next year will not be as big compare to her comeback in 2011, yes she may snatched up the number 1 spot, but not a sure impact in the sales overall, though I'm pretty sure her concert will be a sold-out one.

O.O! No no no! XD I ♡ them both hence why I said: "Her reign is solid LIKE Utada & her family (grandmother, mom Keiko Fuji, & her; the slayage kept coming :p ) xD".  I just mean they both keep selling greatly despite time & yeah I was paraphrasing a quote from Namie when she was asked about younger competition, mostly joking, but basically she mentions that she welcomes the challenge & love challenging herself ^^ + Namie likes Utada 

I wouldn't even know who to call a "lessor" (I don't like calling people better/worse just different & compare only pros & cons of the individual). I <3 Utada, Namie, BoA, Kumi, Mika, Anna, etc (I need to try Ayumi next ^^!). I would be on all sides of a fanwar! XD

Last Edited By: Kataclysm03 Jul 7 15 2:36 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#36 post_url

Jul 7 15 3:23 PM

evilsin wrote:
FokinRG wrote:

Weird that they ignore the US iTunes, maybe it's got something to do with What I Did For Love? Then again, they could've just excluded it.
Anyway, I will never understand why this or that release isn't released on iTunes worldwide.
But David Guetta specifically asked Namie (supposedly) to sing the song, so I don't know why that would be such a big deal. I do wonder why it hasn't been released worldwide yet...did FEEL make an iTunes appearance?

Quote    Reply   

#38 post_url

Jul 8 15 3:10 AM

Yes, FEEL is on the U.S iTunes, but it took them a while. Ballada didn't take long to be put up there, but a few weeks back they took it down... And its back up under her name written in Japanese now. I also wonder why _genic's not there. Same goes for Bon Voyage, Walk Of My Life was up for pre-order... The former is yet to be seen. And BoA's Who's Back? Ain't there yet as well, Kiss My Lips didn't take more than a week. I guess AVEX has some issues with copyrights or whatever.

Quote    Reply   

#39 post_url

Jul 8 15 7:48 AM

Namie Amuro: New single "TSUKI" (2014.01.29) + New BD/DVD "namie amuro FEEL tour 2013" (2014.02.26)

I hope Utada does well on the charts. And with KHIII on the horizon. This generation of solo acts has been dull as of lately. Miss the days when a huge hit like Endless Love.

Quote    Reply   

#40 post_url

Jul 8 15 6:46 PM

My CD came last week and I've listened nearly 10 times.

The album is pretty decent. There's nothing new to it however, pretty _gen(er)ic. Anyone could've done it, and it's far less consistent and cohesive than her previous studio albums (FEEL, PLAY, etc.). That said, her English sounds like it's improved, though I'm not a fan of the vocal production on the album, it's not clear at all - I wonder if they did that intentionally to hide her accent.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help