Remove this ad

seca

#101 post_url

Feb 16 13 3:37 PM

They have releases coming out on March 27th, a new single, a new album and a new DVD.

The new member thing seems to be just for the short movie that will be the DVD release. I doubt they will actually a new member to the group.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Callandra

JPC Admin

#102 post_url

Feb 16 13 9:33 PM

So in a mere year and a half since their debut, they [will] have 2 albums and 7 singles. Hey Say Jump's been around for over five years and all they have is 2 albums and 9 singles to their name. Hmmmm, something seems unbalanced here! 

Quote    Reply   

#103 post_url

Feb 17 13 2:54 AM

^ One of my twitter list who is both K8 and Kisumai fan seems disappointed as well. I think Kisumai is probably the fastest in getting more singles and albums and DVDs than any other debuted Johnny's groups. Maybe they're taking a page out of AKB, release as many as you can while you can to maintain relevancy and popularity. Who knows, lol.

Quote    Reply   

#104 post_url

Feb 17 13 5:05 AM

Actually TOKIO and SMAP was even faster in terms of releasing single. Some fan on Twitter has made this :

The last column shows number of days from 1st single to 7th single.
Release-wise, Kisumai looks more like an Avex act than Johnnys, since popular artists of Avex are usually active and release a lot (Koda Kumi, Ayumi Hamasaki, Namie Amuro, EXILE and their units, Girl Next Door when they were still popular, and don't forget V6, they're sill releasing a lot even though their sales aren't as good as before).
When THSK was still 5-member group, they released 5 singles , 1 concert DVD and 1 THSK's history DVD per year, not to mention there was a period when they released 5 singles in 5 weeks in a row (Kuu also did that before them). It was very hard to be their fan lol.

Last Edited By: Queryz Feb 17 13 5:11 AM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   

Callandra

JPC Admin

#105 post_url

Feb 17 13 5:23 AM

Queryz wrote:

Actually TOKIO and SMAP was even faster in terms of releasing single. Some fan on Twitter has made this :

The last column shows number of days from 1st single to 7th single.
Release-wise, Kisumai looks more like an Avex act than Johnnys, since popular artists of Avex are usually active and release a lot (Koda Kumi, Ayumi Hamasaki, Namie Amuro, EXILE and their units, Girl Next Door when they were still popular, and don't forget V6, they're sill releasing a lot even though their sales aren't as good as before).
When THSK was still 5-member group, they released 5 singles , 1 concert DVD and 1 THSK's history DVD per year, not to mention there was a period when they released 5 singles in 5 weeks in a row (Kuu also did that before them). It was very hard to be their fan lol.

Namie Amuro isn't an Avex act. Her CDs/DVDs are released by Avex but she is not managed by them. And she's only been releasing CDs like crazy for the past few years, there was a long time where she only released 1-2 things a year. 

Kisumai stands out because they're releasing crazy fast and only slower than SMAP and TOKIO originally did but keep in mind, they debuted in the early 90s (a totally different market/time and back when people still bought CDs). Most of the newer groups (HeySay, NewS, K8) have been much slower in releasing stuff. K8 took 3 years to get to their 7th single! 

Quote    Reply   

#106 post_url

Feb 17 13 6:22 AM

Kisumai, V6 and THSK aren't managed by Avex either, but I think Avex has a voice on their activities and everything they release. I can say the same for Namie's case, but yeah I'm not her fan so feel free to fix me.
I don't really get what you meant in the second paragraph, but I don't think the releasing speed has anything to do with time. In fact, it affects the group's popularity more.
Anyway, my point is that Avex is known for its fast releases, it's nothing new, and when you wonder why it takes so much time for this/that idol group to have new stuff, it's because they're not under Avex (it's a sarcasm, but it should be right in some way).

Last Edited By: Queryz Feb 17 13 6:38 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Callandra

JPC Admin

#107 post_url

Feb 17 13 8:10 AM

I don't know much about non-JE acts (although I'm pretty sure NATE could explain about Namie much better than me) but the management decides on releases and activities. I highly doubt Avex has any say at all (Avex vs. big bad JE, I don't think so). Your theory doesn't hold mainly because T&T CDs are released under Avex and I don't see them releasing like crazy (or like, almost at all). 

I'm not really sure what you mean by the frequent releases affecting popularity. For Kisumai, I'm guessing JE is trying to keep them relevant as long as possible (guess they don't want them to be like modern-day KAT-TUN). As for SMAP and TOKIO, the constant releases didn't do much for them. SMAP was a huge embarassment to JE for their early years and didn't pick up until around '95 or 96 (especially given the start of SMAPxSMAP and Takuya's huge Long Vacation drama/other drama roles). TOKIO never had huge sales either (a few hits but overall not much) and still don't today (although they are well liked as TV personalities even to today). 

Quote    Reply   

seca

#108 post_url

Feb 17 13 11:27 AM

I think even though they are already at their seventh album it is going to be a while before we see their eighth. The tour they announced to go with the album release does not start until May and teh dates has it going through August. Perhaps they will still get a single out during the summer, especially if one of the guys gets a drama role but I cannot see them releasing anymore than that after this glut of releases.

But I think they just want to make sure that they get an album out each year which means at least three to four singles for it. With this release the single for it will be able to carry over to the next album so they do not have to release as quickly if they keep doing their tours mainly in the summer with an album release just before it. It was probably issues with work schedules and making sure they were releasing on a week that they could get the number one spot for all three releases that has them releasing things so quickly.

At least I hope so as Fujigaya looked so tired on this month's SC episodes even though he tired to at least only show it when he was not performing. Tamamori and Kitayama cannot be much better as they probably have just as heavy work schedules if not more at times. They need to start promoting the other four a bit more if just to give the front three a bit of a break.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#109 post_url

Feb 17 13 2:55 PM

Callandra: that's why I said

popular artists of Avex are usually active and release a lot
My English isn't good to convey my opinion, but the sentence above means that not all of their popular artists are active, and T&T isn't even a popular name in public anymore to begin with. Besides, Tackey seems to like producing butai more than anything else, and Johnnys just let him do whatever he wants, so it couldn't be helped.
To me, Johnnys is like the one who wants it to be done, and Avex is the one who shows HOW it'll be done. All the marketing strategies of Kisumai have already been done/started in the past by other Avex artists (multiple versions or shop versions, fast releases, ...). KT wasn't the first artist releasing single, album and DVD on the same day. Ayumi Hamasaki was. So while Johnnys has more power in Kisumai's activities, Avex should be able to voice their opinion to make the plan go smoothly because they have more experience in marketing field. 
Anyway it's not like we know what was written in the contract between Avex and Johnnys, so it's hard to discuss more on this matter.

I'm not really sure what you mean by the frequent releases affecting popularity

THSK was successful with this strategy : their sales increased one by one in spite of only being allowed to be on less popular TV shows to promote their songs. Why? Because their frequent appearance made more and more people knew and remembered them. That's how Avex did it. SMAP and TOKIO are the bad examples of this strategy (and I don't know much about them to comment), but it's common sense that you can only gain or remain your popularity if people have chance to see you frequently (if not, then you should be a household name to make public remember you) and you know how to make they love you.

seca: I also have a feeling that they'll announce their eighth single when touring lol. But 3-4 months aren't short compared to this time. It seems like they want to promote all those thing at the same time to save the budget. I'm not sure if it's a smart move or not, but it'll hurt their sales, I think.

Quote    Reply   

#110 post_url

Feb 18 13 1:53 AM

I think there's a probability that Kisumai will have event/events or something like that to boost sales for all 3 releases this time. Have they announced anything yet? I saw on CDJapan that for all regular versions of their single, album and DVD, they will have application cards A, B, and C respectively. I'm guessing that fans will have to buy all 3 releases to qualify for something.

LOL at that chart. K8 aren't even in the top 10 haha! And KAT-TUN were much bigger than Kisumai when they debuted and still didn't have as many singles.  Kisumai can probably release a best album already when they're in their 5th year!

Quote    Reply   

Callandra

JPC Admin

#111 post_url

Feb 18 13 3:33 AM

Queryz wrote:
To me, Johnnys is like the one who wants it to be done, and Avex is the one who shows HOW it'll be done. All the marketing strategies of Kisumai have already been done/started in the past by other Avex artists (multiple versions or shop versions, fast releases, ...). KT wasn't the first artist releasing single, album and DVD on the same day. Ayumi Hamasaki was. So while Johnnys has more power in Kisumai's activities, Avex should be able to voice their opinion to make the plan go smoothly because they have more experience in marketing field. 
Anyway it's not like we know what was written in the contract between Avex and Johnnys, so it's hard to discuss more on this matter.

I don't know about experience in the marketing field given JE also has its own record label. Like I said, I don't think you're right, JE makes the decisions, Avex prints the stuff. 

Your example with SMAP and TOKIO makes no sense because the two are pretty opposite (SMAP is huge -- sure, their sales aren't fantastic now but they have a few gigantic hits they will always be known for and they are a household name; TOKIO is huge on TV but not so much as a music group). 

Quote    Reply   

#112 post_url

Feb 18 13 6:55 AM

SMAP or TOKIO are opposite because they and THSK are different kind of idols. THSK is more about music, so their popularity can only be proved by the sales on music charts -> released as much as possible. SMAP and TOKIO worked in more fields, so the sales aren't the most important thing to show how popular they are.

Quote    Reply   

seca

#113 post_url

Feb 18 13 1:39 PM

whitedove wrote:
I think there's a probability that Kisumai will have event/events or something like that to boost sales for all 3 releases this time. Have they announced anything yet? I saw on CDJapan that for all regular versions of their single, album and DVD, they will have application cards A, B, and C respectively. I'm guessing that fans will have to buy all 3 releases to qualify for something.

LOL at that chart. K8 aren't even in the top 10 haha! And KAT-TUN were much bigger than Kisumai when they debuted and still didn't have as many singles.  Kisumai can probably release a best album already when they're in their 5th year!

I am sure there will be an event or something as well with those application cards for the regular editions too. Management really want to make sure the group succeeds, I guess so they have something to bring even more added media to the group.

Well KAT-TUN had their momentum thrown off with Jin leaving then later changing his mind and returning. I think without that they would have released a little more frequently. And of course K8 was stuck having to share members with NEWS so both of those groups were in different situations than Kisumai.

I would not be surprised if Kisumai released a best of album for their 5th anniversary. They have enough double A-sides that they should easily have enough tracks by then to have an album's worth. And if Arashi can release a single collection after only three years after their debut I do not see why Kisumai can't release a best of album for their 5th.

Quote    Reply   

seca

#114 post_url

Jun 22 13 8:22 PM

It looks like we should be getting a new single announcement soon. Both Tama and Fujigaya are starring in dramas for the summer season and the group is doing the theme songs for both. I am guessing that it will be released in August to go along with their debut anniversary.

Quote    Reply   

#115 post_url

Jun 28 13 3:37 PM

NEW SINGLE
「キミとのキセキ」
Kis-My-Ft2
2013/08/14 OUT

First Pressing A
CD+DVD
AVCD-48804/B
1680円 (tax in)

First Pressing B