Remove this ad

Oricon

SHINee/SNSD Love

Lead

Apr 14 11 4:45 AM

Tags : :

RaNia Thread

RaNia (라니아) is a
Korean pop 8-member girl group that debuted in 2011 under DR Music and producer Teddy Riley. The group consists of members from Thailand, China, and Korea who are all fluent in English, Japanese, Chinese, and Thai. RaNia was first announced to debut in November 2010 as a eight-member group; however, Sarah left the group before their actual debut six months later in April 2011 with the digital single "Teddy Riley, The First Expansion In Asia". The group is also expected to debut in America with an English version of the digital single lead track (also included on the Korean release)

~Members~

• SeMi
  • Riko (Leader, Main Vocalist)
  • Joy
  • Lucy
  • Di
  • T-ae
  • Xia
  • Lee Jo
  • Sarah (Former Member)

~Discography~

• 2011/04/06 Teddy Riley, The First Expansion In Asia - Digital Single
  • 2011/11/17 Time To Rock Da Show - Mini Album

Last Edited By: Oricon Mar 12 13 10:22 PM. Edited 15 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 post_url

Apr 15 11 3:32 AM

Girl group Rania has been headlining for their racy choreography and look, which they were able to deliver in its original form for their “M! Countdown” debut on April 14th. However, they were forced to switch up some parts after KBS announced that they would not allow girl groups to go up on stage if they were deemed as too “provocative”. Raina ended up fixing a total of 10 parts that KBS had problems with, so that they could make their appearance today.

Starting with their outfits, Raina’s garter belts were taken out, and a cloth will be replacing the area that exposes their cleavage. The girls will also be wearing leggings with their skirts/shorts.

In addition, Rania decided to take out the more sexy parts of their dance, and replace it with a 25-second long high note to emphasize their vocal talents.

Their agency, DR Music, explained, “It’s upsetting that we can’t show everything we prepared, but we feel that it’s actually a great opportunity to show that the girls have what it takes to succeed with skill.”

Commenting on the drastic choreography changes, the representatives continued, “Teddy Riley fully believes that choreography and outfit is a major part of a performance. He directed both concepts, and when told of the restrictions the girls were facing in Korea, he said that it could not be helped. He did not, however, agree to the views.”

They continued, “Teddy Riley said that in order for K-Pop to advance more quickly into other parts of the world, such restrictions must be lifted and put in a positive light.”

I guess we'll see the major changes soon. OT but No Diggity popped into my head after reading this article.

Quote    Reply   

#4 post_url

Apr 15 11 9:09 AM

Not really feeling the changes to the original coustumes. I was hoping they would have just found another all black one that would appease the TV stations.

The chroegraphy changes aren't bad/major though. They kept my favorite parts.

Quote    Reply   

#5 post_url

Apr 15 11 10:52 AM

The choreography looks so messy with all those extra dancers, do they really need more?

I am not really feeling fe-fe-fe feeling the new choreography, all of my favorite dance moves were cut. :(

Quote    Reply   

Oricon

#6 post_url

Apr 15 11 1:59 PM

Fuck sake, all my favourite dance parts were CUT OUT, the HIP DANCE WHERE THEY SPREAD THEIR LEGS and the UP AND DOWN SPREAD KNEE ONE :(

Quote    Reply   

Oricon

#8 post_url

Apr 15 11 6:20 PM

The dance routine doesn't match as well as the old ones, well positive side is at least they're back on music programmes.

This new dance routine isn't even a catchy one :(

Quote    Reply   

#9 post_url

Apr 15 11 6:42 PM

Oricon wrote:
The dance routine doesn't match as well as the old ones, well positive side is at least they're back on music programmes.

This new dance routine isn't even a catchy one :(

Agreed. It's C-H-E-A-P to the max. smiley: mad

Quote    Reply   

#10 post_url

Apr 15 11 7:52 PM

DGAF Bitches still on top!!! It's a shame that they couldn't stick w/ the original dance and outfits but they still owned in both. I hope the music channels will get rid of the nuns and conservatives off of their boards soon. It's just too fucking ridiculous now. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Oricon

#14 post_url

Apr 17 11 9:38 AM

Yes OMG the hip dance is back!!! Inkigayo is more tolerant of these things than Music Bank which goes psycho over slight things.

Still no up and down and spread leg dancing movement though :(

Quote    Reply   

#15 post_url

Apr 17 11 10:56 AM

I dont know now, these girls supposedly were training about four years? They barely even sing!

I mean I know this song isnt easy to sing with how high their notes go during the bridge and chorus, but what were you doing for those years you were supposedly training that you cant sing live?

I dont mean to sound a hater but it just seems so weird they were training so long and all I can see out of it was how good the choreography is. And it really bugs me that they have more people circling around them in one giant whole group so it makes it messy and it looks like there all going to hit each other with their hands.

Quote    Reply   

Oricon

#16 post_url

Apr 17 11 11:47 AM

Did you not hear the notes before and at the end of the performance Mitsuhoney.......

Are you calling them untalented now? :S

Quote    Reply   

#17 post_url

Apr 17 11 12:02 PM

Yes I did and they were very good, its just that I expect so much more out of these girls since their debut was claiming they were training for as long as they said.

No way are they not talented, they are very talented and they can sing and dance great too.

I am just not overly crazy about their performances.

Quote    Reply   

#20 post_url

Apr 17 11 1:12 PM

Her name is Lee Jo and she is Chinese. They also released another version of Dr. Feel Good:

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help