Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1542 post_url

Sep 2 13 4:40 AM

Momoko Sakura wrote:
I wanted to say this yesterday:

MLK...

Save the day...

The piercing brilliance of his oratory humbles me.  I consider myself to not be lost for words, but he sets me to be learning to be sure.

Quote    Reply   

#1546 post_url

Sep 14 13 9:16 PM

Outgrow wrote:
What happened guys? Every time I pop back it's more and more of a dying mess...for shame.

Suggestions of how to grow JPC or reasons why its dying is welcomed.

Quote    Reply   

#1547 post_url

Sep 15 13 7:32 AM

I think its just a matter of traffic...need to be out there more getting those google hits gurl. I don't see many new active members but you know I'm only checking for the j-pop divas. Also this site is boring as hell to look at idk honey. Maybe forums themselves are getting out dated. I think maybe a blog alongside this forum with the most interesting pieces of j-pop info would be a good way to introduce new members and keep old ones, who are bored of searching through these forums through the annoying stan comments to find the latest info... I just don't think as it is this forum is going to last unfortunately.

Quote    Reply   

NATE

JPC Admin

#1548 post_url

Sep 15 13 10:56 AM

I haven't seen the site's admin in months, so there aren't going to be any changes to this site. I was going to redesign the forum, but frankly I don't feel like it's worth the effort. I will continue to post here as long as people still use it, but I really don't know how much of an audience for J-pop there is these days. Idol fans get their fix at idol centered forums and well, j-divas aren't do it these days for most people. Forums still work to some extent, but something as niche as this is bound to have a higher chance at failure.

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#1550 post_url

Sep 22 13 1:30 PM

Outgrow wrote:
I think its just a matter of traffic...need to be out there more getting those google hits gurl. I don't see many new active members but you know I'm only checking for the j-pop divas. Also this site is boring as hell to look at idk honey. Maybe forums themselves are getting out dated. I think maybe a blog alongside this forum with the most interesting pieces of j-pop info would be a good way to introduce new members and keep old ones, who are bored of searching through these forums through the annoying stan comments to find the latest info... I just don't think as it is this forum is going to last unfortunately.

I think this forum goes through phases, I remember in 2008 I think it was, it was absolutely dead. there would be like one or two posts a day in the whole forum. But it gradually picked up pace again, and then when we switched to yuku it was very lively again (and it wasn't just because of the switch, it seems to me JPN was very active before the switch as well). of course, that's when nemesisyume was around to keep things interesting. So I think it's only a matter of time before it picks up again.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

sb

JPC Admin

#1551 post_url

Sep 26 13 7:04 PM

Boy, I honestly didn't realize this place was still around.

I agree what with NATE said about Jpop forums. The ones that seem to be idol-centric are livelier. Mainly I figure cause idol fans in general are crazier lol.

Quote    Reply   

zeopower6

#1552 post_url

Sep 26 13 7:10 PM

Holy jesus, it's sbitty.

Also, yes, J-Pop forums in general pretty much died. I went on a few month Internet hiatus and came back to dead forums. >_>

Idols fans are always going to find a way, and that's why their forums thrive. Also because their talent puts stuff out like on a constant rate. I think people just moved on, really.

Last Edited By: zeopower6 Sep 26 13 7:13 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

sb

JPC Admin

#1553 post_url

Sep 26 13 9:22 PM

Yea idol fandom is a different breed. Heck, honestly I stopped by here cause I needed a break from some of that fandom from the Hello! Project forum I frequent. With that said though, kpop fans are nuts too and I was surprised that the Kpop forum wasn't jumpin. The fact that it seems SonGoku or whatever his name is nowadays isn't here and that the forum has crashed my phone's browser twice already can't help.

Quote    Reply   

#1558 post_url

Feb 2 14 3:22 PM

Philip Seymour Hoffman died

"The news of the death of Hoffman comes just one day after representatives for the actor issued a statement denying he was dead after an internet hoax claimed the star had passed away on Saturday." - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2550540/Philip-Seymour-Hoffman-dies-46-Oscar-winning-actor-dead-Manhattan-apartment.html

the second actor who was the subject of an internet hoax claiming news of death came before his actual death since Paul Walker more than two months ago.

Quote    Reply   

#1560 post_url

Feb 13 14 3:11 PM

lately, looking at my jpop collection makes me feel really guilty...

:/

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help