Remove this ad

#1884 post_url

Sep 11 12 3:53 PM

Such a shame that instead of trying to get COVERS higher, they're releasing COVERs 2. It's not even new original material and there was still so much potential. Call me a chart freak but I'd much rather see her 300k over a one year period with this one album than 300k over a one year period with two separate albums with the same idea : P

From a fan's point of view, the new songs is nice, but then if she were going to release something new we'd all much rather have had proper original material to begin with.

#1886 post_url

Sep 11 12 4:22 PM

^mh? why would they release a deluxe edition of COVERS if it's wasn't to push it? They probably want to ride on the success of COVERS and just release new stuff to get even more $$$
I don't really mind anyways, as far as I'm concerned I would rather get anything new she has to offer at this point.

#1887 post_url

Sep 11 12 5:14 PM

Yeah, I don't really get why they bothered with the deluxe edition either. I guess they just needed to something to fill the gap.

COVERS 2 is the smart decision and I'm glad they are getting it out of the way this year. She's made the rounds on most of the major shows at this point so now she'll be able to make return appearances singing brand new covers. BENI can start fresh with original material next year. COVERS 3 can't possibly happen, right?

#1888 post_url

Sep 11 12 5:51 PM

COVERS 2! hmm, they milk it eheh i dont mind it either, even though new material would be better.
im sure they are doing this for this year, she'll be able to attend some year end shows for the first time and raise her popularity and gain more fans (like FNS Kayousai, CDTV Special, Music Station Super Live and probably Best Hit Kayousai or getting an award at Japan Record Award and/or Japan Yusen Taisho).
im sure she'll be able to release new material in 2013 or releasing a BEST and start anew with a new single!
COVERS sure is helping her, and this will open more doors for her im sure

#1889 post_url

Sep 11 12 8:43 PM

I wonder what the chances are of BENI or Che'Nelle (since both of their cover albums were extremely successful) making it to Kōhaku this year?

#1890 post_url

Sep 12 12 1:34 AM

If Che'nelle doesn't make it with Believe, I'd be surprised.

Remove this ad

#1892 post_url

Sep 12 12 4:18 AM

Kouhaku? hmm i dont know, seems far from their league, but who knows, with the downfall of music sales from the past decade, they might invite artists who are 'moderately succefull' nowadays (who would be called a flop years back).
they invited AAA and HY, they dont have that amazing of sales, but they did get invited... for BENI i dont think theres a chance actually, she doesnt have a song which was a popular hit just her album, while Che'Nelle had a hit with her cover album and now the song Believe are a extremelly success hit, but her sales arent that outstanding.
we shall wait and see...
but Best Hit Kayousai shall announce artists line-up soon, as the show is in November, maybe mid-October we'll know. BENI will surely make to FNS Kayousai, because she was invited to FNS Natsu and this will grant her a position for the usual regular show in begining of December

Last Edited By: Kathia Sep 12 12 4:20 AM. Edited 1 time.

#1893 post_url

Sep 12 12 8:16 AM

BENI micht not be super popular, but her songs are the "it" thing now. I think she's doing fairly well and I don't see why not invite her to Kohaku. Besides Namie and Johnny's, there aren't any super stars in Japan right now.

#1894 post_url

Sep 12 12 10:07 AM

besides Kouhaku being a hot mess, they barely have new debuts that make sense, anyway I hope she does even tho I don't it is likely, always wondered why Miliyah has never been invited...last year was such a success for her

anyway I hope COVERS has some duets

#1896 post_url

Sep 12 12 10:55 AM

Well the Deluxe version works: Beni jumped up to #20 today on the daily charts (while she was at the bottom of or out of the top 50 for the last few days)

#1897 post_url

Sep 12 12 2:49 PM

^That's good news! They should've just released the deluxe version in the first place, but I guess they weren't expecting much success initially.

#1898 post_url

Sep 12 12 3:29 PM

Kathia wrote:
Kouhaku? hmm i dont know, seems far from their league, but who knows, with the downfall of music sales from the past decade, they might invite artists who are 'moderately succefull' nowadays (who would be called a flop years back).
they invited AAA and HY, they dont have that amazing of sales, but they did get invited... for BENI i dont think theres a chance actually, she doesnt have a song which was a popular hit just her album, while Che'Nelle had a hit with her cover album and now the song Believe are a extremelly success hit, but her sales arent that outstanding.
we shall wait and see...
but Best Hit Kayousai shall announce artists line-up soon, as the show is in November, maybe mid-October we'll know. BENI will surely make to FNS Kayousai, because she was invited to FNS Natsu and this will grant her a position for the usual regular show in begining of December

HY might not be selling that much anymore but they used to be HUGE. One of the best-selling independent bands for a while. 366hi was a major hit. It's just Whistle that did moderately and Parade that did meh... their status is still high, and sometimes for Kokuhaku it's more overall status than current popularity that counts.

As for AAA... I'm 100% sure that's Avex's lobbying, to be honest. They're only doing OK and there are tons of other more popular and more "artisty" artists available over them.

As for BENI appearing at Kouhaku... I believe that they'd either do Che'Nelle or BENI, but not both, in which case I think Che'Nelle might "win" because she's been selling more and because she has the 'novelty' factor, I guess : P

#1899 post_url

Sep 12 12 10:11 PM

Che'Nelle should definitely make it. "Believe" is a huge hit. I don't think BENI has much chance unless they are short of people or something. What would she sing anyway? "Ti Amo" was the main song promoted, but I can't see her getting on with that.

#1900 post_url

Sep 14 12 2:12 PM

I want a re-release of Fortune!

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help