Remove this ad

#1861 post_url

Sep 9 12 1:10 AM

BENJ and Crystal Kay will be in J-MELO tomorrow and sing a duet cover of "you've got a friend it me" !!!

Remove this ad

#1863 post_url

Sep 9 12 12:17 PM

mysaviorswords15 wrote:
BENJ and Crystal Kay will be in J-MELO tomorrow and sing a duet cover of "you've got a friend it me" !!!

Their much-anticipated first time singing together, and they choose to do the "Toy Story" theme song? Ugh. Beni better hope Kuri is nice enough not to show her up vocally.

#1865 post_url

Sep 9 12 1:11 PM

GKJaylee wrote:
I think they're actually just singing "You've Got a Friend," a cover of the Carole King song.

Oh, thank god. Not that Carole's song is that much better. I'm sorry, but I'm not a fan of pop stars rummaging through the catalog of old singer-songwriters for songs to cover. I love The Carpenters, but I thought Beni's covers of their songs were boring as hell and added nothing unique to the originals. Just sing the fluff you're good at - ain't no shame in that!

#1870 post_url

Sep 9 12 9:25 PM

This will work on so many levels for EVERYONE.

Promo for Ckay
Promo for May J. (b/c of J-melo... well, we'll see about that one)

You know, while adding to the exposure & momentum that BENI already gained over these past few months (w/ some access to something that is... "new")

Remove this ad

#1871 post_url

Sep 10 12 3:17 AM

sin9hyaku90 wrote:

Promo for Ckay

You know, while adding to the exposure & momentum that BENI already gained over these past few months (w/ some access to something that is... "new")

I forgot about May J., Beni's less hot but more talented lookalike! Is she still hosting the show with her stiff, awkward English?

It's a sad day when Kuri has to ride on Beni's coattails.

#1872 post_url

Sep 10 12 4:43 AM

GaBuPowa wrote:
sin9hyaku90 wrote:

Promo for Ckay

I forgot about May J., Beni's less hot but more talented lookalike! Is she still hosting the show with her stiff, awkward English?

It's a sad day when Kuri has to ride on Beni's coattails.
Yup, she's still the host! I always thought her English on J-MELO was stiff an awkward as well, but surprisingly, when I talked to her in person, her English was very fluid and natural.  She sounded like she could've been from LA or something, haha.

#1873 post_url

Sep 10 12 7:54 AM

lol @ Gabu... you think May J. & BENI look alike???? O.o

I thought May J. was really hot back in the days when she first started out and then she just kinda plateaued over the yrs. She's still pretty, but god I thought her voice was straight doodoo for a minute.

#1874 post_url

Sep 10 12 10:25 AM

May J., Crystal Kay and Beni together. The only person missing out on this is Themla Aoyama.

Last Edited By: Charisma Sep 10 12 10:50 AM. Edited 2 times.

RicH

#1875 post_url

Sep 10 12 10:56 AM

Charisma wrote:
May J., Crystal Kay and Beni together. The only person missing out on this is Themla Aoyama.
Thelma is like the planet Pluto in the Jpop solar-system nowadays... Cry (I miss her so much)
/off

I think BENI will bring up some new effort/idea to the new cover album, I just somehow feel it.

#1876 post_url

Sep 10 12 11:07 AM

J Melo setlist

1. "Kiss Kiss Kiss" / BENI
2. "Ti Amo" / BENI
3. "Superman" / Crystal Kay
4. "Forever" / Crystal Kay
5. "You've Got A Friend" / BENI and Crystal Kay with Satoru Shionoya

#1880 post_url

Sep 10 12 11:05 PM

Does anyone know if COVERS is charting?

Remove this ad