#21 post_url

May 3 11 11:52 AM

Khalil's video for 自以为

Those pants need to go.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 post_url

May 4 11 12:42 PM

^I've yet to hear or buy Khalil's new album, but if it's as good as that song, I need to get it PRONTO. 1aa266c65bbc74da8c3931c8312021a5857fb6f6_r

Jonathan Wong, Canto POP's answer to Jay Chou and Leehom, is going to debut in Japan.

"Having impressed Avex with his versatility demonstrated in his Canto-pop albums, up-and-coming Hong Kong singer-songwriter Jonathan Wong signed with the record giant last year in preparation for his foray into the J-pop scene. After spending a year on the all-important first single, the gifted young singer is finally ready to make his Japanese debut in June 2011. Under the guidance of producer Wada Masaya, Jonathan covers the oldie Kimi wa Bara yori Utsukushii ("You're more beautiful than the rose"), a song originally made famous by Fuse Akira in 1979."

Pre-order
CD http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/...view.html?KEY=RZCD-46844
CD+DVD http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/...view.html?KEY=RZCD-46843

Quote    Reply   

#24 post_url

May 5 11 3:16 PM

Listened to his previous stuff and it ain't bad. Will see how the Japanese stuff works out.

Yoga Lin's new album out though. Interested to hear it and I hope it's as good as his last album. A-Mei's new album had good ballad singles, didn't really pay attention to much else yet, gotta go through it. Same with Rachel Liang, although I wasn't impressed by the singles this time around. She's had much better ones in the past. Top Combine released a new EP. It's ok, their lead song Lucky Boys is catchy and hilarious at the same time. Hoping Cyndi doesn't disappoint. How's Khalil's album? Haven't downloaded it yet.

Last Edited By: Munchlax May 5 11 3:19 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Oricon

#25 post_url

May 5 11 3:25 PM

Anyone hear about the Raymond Lam cheating drama? I really cannot see him being a cheating guy person though..

Quote    Reply   

#26 post_url

May 6 11 6:29 AM

he was cheating? with who?

from what i know so far, it was private photos featuring him and an upcoming China "actress" that were leaked by the latter to the press. and the so-called private photos are just him and her taking photos together, and one being her taking a photo of herself with him behind her sleeping on the bed, and more self-taken photos of her showing her cleavage in her bra.

everyone was expecting an Edison Chen episode and all we get was a desperate "actress" attempting to get her 15 minutes of fame.

Quote    Reply   

Oricon

#27 post_url

May 6 11 11:24 AM

No there were another rumour telling the girl to "open the eyes and look at the camera" which it took a while as the girl hesitated for a bit and then he apparently told her to "open her mouth" in the bed lol. There are also pictures of him backdoor somewhere engaging in sexual activity with someone apparently.

The one you said about was a bit earlier and this one is quite recent (Aprilish)

Quote    Reply   

#28 post_url

May 6 11 2:18 PM

and from what i read, once again it was roasted by the same person who leaked the photos in the first place. yes, that desperate wannabe Shu-Qi look-alike "actress". that someone was rumoured to be Rose Chan who was Raymond's leading lady in his latest mandarin MV. also, Mavis Pan, the "actress" ex, has signed on to act in a Grade III film after she leaked the news to the press. yeah, that's just to show how scheming she was in trying to get her name out.

so far it hasn't hurt Raymond's career, because everyone somehow saw through the controversy. and seriously, unless we get a repeat Edison Chen case, where a lot of people were affected (Edison, Cecillia, Bobo, Gillian, etc), or like Ronald Cheng's and William So's cases (the former due to his drunkenness in the airplane and hit the pilot, and the latter due to drugs being found on him), Raymond should be ok.

Quote    Reply   

#30 post_url

May 21 11 8:16 PM

^Hmmm, not feeling the new single...

Currently whoring out an album from last year because I only just bumped into it accidentally. Didn't see it posted anywhere, so I thought I would share with you Freya Lin.

Artist: 林凡 / Lin Fen / Freya Lin
Album: 眼淚流回去 / Yanlei Liu Huiqu / Tears Flow Back (?)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 post_url

May 21 11 11:30 PM

Yeah Freya rocks lol. I especially enjoyed her Time After Time cover from her 2007 cover album. It's interesting that she just got this sudden boost of popularity thanks to the Fierce Wife drama despite the fact she's had hits in the past.

Quote    Reply   

#32 post_url

May 24 11 2:20 AM

I am honestly going through serious Mayday withdrawal right now after the concert last night.... Why did I ever wait 4 years to expose myself to this kind of awesomeness??? I went to their concert in Vancouver 4 years ago knowing like 2 of their songs and still had a REALLY great time to say the least. And then I just listened to A LOT of their songs.... not enough to be like their crazy fans in HK who literally memorized ALL of their songs including the ones in Taiwanese and just yelled the lyrics throughout but still..... I knew most of the songs last night and it was just so so so much fun. Most of the time Ashin didn't even need to sing because we all knew the lyrics and how to sing it so there was a lot of audience acappella going on. IT WAS SO. MUCH. FUN. to go to a concert where you just know every single song when the music starts. Needless to say I fell asleep thinking about their songs and woke up thinking about them all day. And the concert was 4 hours long... they sang every single song I know of theirs LOL and some others that I wasn't that familiar with. No stage production at all this year so they pretty much sang the 4 hours with just the breaks between the 3 encores and one other 5-10 minute break in the middle for them to change. And I got really lucky cuz I saw the last show. Every show a member (other than Ashin obviously) sings a solo and my show it was 瑪莎 singing 最重要的小事 <3 something would've been missing for me if they didn't do that song.

Quote    Reply   

#36 post_url

Jun 15 11 5:18 AM

Jam is a talented artist, but for some reason I never can seem to get into his music besides a song or two.

Btw, MV of SPY's debut single is out. Cpop finally has a strong female dance group.

Quote    Reply   

#37 post_url

Jun 15 11 5:30 AM

Munchlax wrote:
Jam is a talented artist, but for some reason I never can seem to get into his music besides a song or two.

I like more than a song or two, but agreed. His talent is going to waste. He needs to have more say in what kind of music he wants to produce/or find the right direction, instead of just singing generic Taiwanese ballads with an occasional 'rock' number that lacks any umpf. His 2nd album was such a disappointment.

I'm looking forward to 盧凱彤 Ellen Loo's (formerly part of the duo 'at17') Mandarin album debut. I missed out on her first two singles, because I didn't expect them to sell out and go out of print in a month. The stuff she's put out so far has been very promising.

Quote    Reply   

#38 post_url

Jun 15 11 6:42 AM

Yeah I have the same feeling about Jam. I was SUCH a huge fan when he first came out in the singing contests and before his official debut. I never even got to finishing the second album. Him covering other songs and singing live was so much better and made my expectations really high when his first album came out.

Quote    Reply   

#39 post_url

Jun 15 11 3:40 PM

ligature wrote:
Munchlax wrote:

I like more than a song or two, but agreed. His talent is going to waste. He needs to have more say in what kind of music he wants to produce/or find the right direction, instead of just singing generic Taiwanese ballads with an occasional 'rock' number that lacks any umpf. His 2nd album was such a disappointment.
Well I don't mind if he sang generic Taiwanese ballads as long as they are good, which just has not been happening. It's like he attempts to be more alternative, but wants to still keep it mainstream. I don't think he does it as well as Yoga does though.

YiDA Huang returns, Crowd Lu has a new album and A-Mei has a new version of her album with 3 new songs (2 of the being remixes).

Quote    Reply   

#40 post_url

Jun 23 11 8:37 AM

Probably the single most popular video circulating on the internet this week for Chinese music. I personally thought she made Jay and JJ's songs sound better than the original and it really made me want to check out 韋禮安's song. And she really should just release a full version of her cover of 慢慢等.

Am so happy that Karen Mok won the best female singer award AGAIN! I'm not surprised... The album was flawless and I've probably listened to it 100x already.

Last Edited By: lilone Jun 23 11 8:47 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help