Remove this ad

#4021 post_url

Nov 18 12 9:56 PM

^ I know. =\ I'm quite surprised it's doing this poorly. I guess they really do need a hit or two to back up an album. It makes me wonder how SNSD is going to do with their album later this month as they didn't have a major hit like MR. TAXI or Gee to back up this album.

Remove this ad

#4023 post_url

Nov 19 12 3:26 AM

sunnysideup wrote:
I wonder how much longevity KARA's album will have. I really doubt the album will quadruple its first week like Girl's Talk... I'm guessing around 300k or even less.
At the day-to-day rate it's going, 200k. Or 250k tops. And I have to wonder if 200k is being too generous.

#4024 post_url

Nov 19 12 4:30 AM

Won't KARA have their Tokyo Dome tour too later in the year? This is why I wonder why they're selling rather badly...

Shame, I kinda grew to like their presence in Japan even if the music doesn't always hit the mark.

#4025 post_url

Nov 19 12 4:58 AM

Cellac wrote:
Won't KARA have their Tokyo Dome tour too later in the year? This is why I wonder why they're selling rather badly...

Shame, I kinda grew to like their presence in Japan even if the music doesn't always hit the mark.

Will they have only one day at the Tokyo Dome? I only see people are selling the tickets for the Jan 6th show. 

Is the demand for KARA (concert wise) not that much? Because people are reselling the tickets pretty cheap (well at least for me, because in ABC case, anything below 20,000yen is cheap and people are selling KARA's at only 10,000yen, 11,000yen). Normally, if the quantity of the venues is few or the quantity of the shows is few or the size of the venue is small, the reselling price would be pretty high for famous acts. If KARA will only have one show at one venue, I thought people would be fighting to get the tickets. But it seems like not the case here.

#4026 post_url

Nov 19 12 5:09 AM

sheesh where is Journey when we need a wake up call.

Kara basically flopped and coming soon SNSD.
Whats left of the Korean Wave now seems to be the boy bands.

Other than that WORLD48 still trampling the industry.

#4027 post_url

Nov 19 12 6:19 AM

Daily Top 50 Singles

*1 8,897 Kis-My-Ft2 (累計 251,879)
*2 3,238 NMB48
*3 3,141 2PM (累計 129,951)

*4 9nine
*5 T-ARA
*6 アフィリア﹒サーガ﹒イースト
*7 AKB48
*8 三代目 J Soul Brothers
*9 SKE48
10 Fairies

#4028 post_url

Nov 19 12 6:19 AM

Daily Top 50 Albums

*1 14,856 JUJU [Life stories] (6日累計 51,859)
*2 12,444 JUJU [Love stories] (4日累計 30,293)
*3 *7,932 Sexy Zone (4日累計 74,262)

*4 KARA
*5 BENI [COVERS 2]
*6 嵐
*7 山下達郎
*8 ワン﹒ダイレクション [テイク﹒ミー﹒ホーム]
*9 槇原敬之
10 コブクロ

#4029 post_url

Nov 19 12 6:45 AM

Daily Music DVDs

*1 KARA - KARA 1st JAPAN TOUR 2012 KARASIA
*2 矢沢永吉 - EIKICHI YAZAWA 40th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『BLUE SKY』
*3 EXILE - EXILE TRIBE LIVE TOUR 2012 TOWER OF WISH
*4 Hey!Say!JUMP - JUMP WORLD 2012
*5 SiM - DUSK and DAWN
*6 ソナーポケット - ソナポケイズムSPECIAL~夏の陣~ in 日本武道館
*7 少女時代 - GIRLS’ GENERATION COMPLETE VIDEO COLLECTION
*8 松田聖子 - Seiko Matsuda Concert Tour 2012 Very Very
*9 ゆず - LIVE FILMS YUZU YOU DOME DAY 2 ~みんな、どうむありがとう~
10 ゆず - LIVE FILMS YUZU YOU DOME DAY 1 ~二人で、どうむありがとう~

journey

#4032 post_url

Nov 19 12 10:16 AM

Miichan48 wrote:
sheesh where is Journey when we need a wake up call.

Kara basically flopped and coming soon SNSD.
Whats left of the Korean Wave now seems to be the boy bands.

Other than that WORLD48 still trampling the industry.
thank you for this comment, it gives me an excuse to share my genius smiley: pimp

KARA is dead (which I'm not surprised by, they were such a flash-in-the-pan style group I knew they wouldn't last) and SJJD are next. honestly I can't imagine one fading away without the other doing the same, they were part of the same K-Pop girl group phenomenon and their success/descent will be tied together unless one has a breakout hit. but neither one is going to give up on Japan soon because they still can make more $$$ there than anywhere else currently, even if their sales take a big hit.

the boybands are on their way out too (at least with the general public) but boybands tend to have more fans who are extremely dedicated. that's why you're going to see shit like MyName or Nuest or whatever still in the top 10 every once in a while. I mean there are still old ladies out there stanning hard for Bae Yong Joon (sad right?).

ayukuuangel

#4034 post_url

Nov 19 12 11:29 AM

It's about time for the k-pop to go down in Japan. I want mah Japan artists to be on top and only them like the good ol' days .

Last Edited By: ayukuuangel Nov 19 12 11:32 AM. Edited 1 time.

#4035 post_url

Nov 19 12 11:55 AM

ayukuuangel wrote:
It's about time for the k-pop to go down in Japan. I want mah Japan artists to be on top and only them like the good ol' days .

It's already happening.

#4037 post_url

Nov 19 12 12:13 PM

My prediction for the week...

Kis-MyFt2 - 257k-262k
2PM - 133k-135k
Sandaime J Soul Brothers - 96k-100k

Sexy Zone - 85k-90k
KARA - 71k-75k
JUJU (Life) - 61k-63k

#4038 post_url

Nov 19 12 12:37 PM

ayukuuangel wrote:
L.A.M.O girl if anything they need to stay at the bottom. Your Japan artists aka Kuu and Ayu irrelevant Target bargain bin flop asses aren't popping back up to the top like the good ol' days anymore. Time to give that dream up. It's always the same ass AVEX stans who be wanting somebody to flop or go down because their flops are flopping. Most of you have no real reason why you dislike Kpop and secretly bop your heads hard as hell to some POWER and Lipstick. smiley: tired

Anyway Kara's sales are fine. It's the same traditional idol sales trajectory as usual. The singles for Girls Forever were ok. It didn't scream the same appeal that Super Girl showed and the great quality music that Girl's Talk had. I can honestly say that this album was a bit rushed and lazy. I mean there's only so many times we can hear a new vocal version of Mister and Jumping. =/ Overall, Kpop is still strong in Japan and there is still interest whether in the music or the culture. I mean for Japanese Bana stans to make B1A4 grace the charts is shocking. I'm just waiting for F.CUZ and SMASH to get that spotlight.

#4039 post_url

Nov 19 12 1:07 PM

Extremely poor sales for KARA. Super Girl's third week sold more than this albums first week...

#4040 post_url

Nov 19 12 1:25 PM

ayukuuangel wrote:

I don't even like K-Pop, but this is one of those statements that really annoy me. Why shouldn't Korean artists be allowed to have success in Japan? Isn't music international? Isn't it supposed to transcend boundaries? Isn't that the exact same reason why a forum like this even exists? A place where we, overseas people, talk about music from a country that is not ours? And don't some Japanese artists (Utada, Ayumi, Laruku, Perfume and many others) also actually promote their works overseas? And if we are fans of those artists, don't we see that as a positive thing and enjoy that?

If music in Japan should be only BY Japanese, shouldn't it also be only TO Japanese? Isn't that the same as saying the Americans/Indians/Russians should only listen to American/Indian/Russian music? Does that make any sense, especially in the 21st century, on this global day and age? This may seem like a small thing, that only relates to music. But it's this reactionary and narrow-minded line of thought that gives room to really dangerous and hateful nationalistic crap.

Music shouldn't be about discrimination and hate. On the contrary, it should be about bringing people together.

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help