Remove this ad

#4381 post_url

Dec 9 12 12:01 PM

I'm not sure who it was, but I think someone said YUI's compilations might do 375-400k? Or was that a combined figure. Either way, I guess it's doing okay, nothing special though.

EXILE's compilations seem to only barely be doing any better than EXILE Japan, which is sort of surprising to me. Still, leave it to them to be able to release two massive albums within a year. Oh, and Mr. Children of course

Congrats to AKB48 for extending their record, I guess. I still every mention of the list of most consecutive million sellers should come with a big fat asterisk explaining the difference in circumstances between the groups, but ah well : P

Remove this ad

#4383 post_url

Dec 9 12 12:49 PM

prototype wrote:
1-5 AKB48
6-7 Arashi
8-10 SKE48
11 Arashi
12-14 NMB48

sandwich smiley: eyes

What an awful list...smiley: tired

#4385 post_url

Dec 9 12 2:51 PM

Single yearly chart is dominated by Idol every year..so bored ,lol
If 48groups and Johnny's group are excluded, the most selling single for this year is also Misuchiru 's Single "Inori" with 275k copies ..So impressive they sold this single with 1 version !!

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#4386 post_url

Dec 9 12 3:02 PM

nackar wrote:
I'm not sure who it was, but I think someone said YUI's compilations might do 375-400k? Or was that a combined figure. Either way, I guess it's doing okay, nothing special though.

EXILE's compilations seem to only barely be doing any better than EXILE Japan, which is sort of surprising to me. Still, leave it to them to be able to release two massive albums within a year. Oh, and Mr. Children of course

Congrats to AKB48 for extending their record, I guess. I still every mention of the list of most consecutive million sellers should come with a big fat asterisk explaining the difference in circumstances between the groups, but ah well : P

the circumstances being what though? sure AKB has their election single stunt, but their December single has none of that yet the past two have still sold more than a million copies. i think Japan just likes idol groups, and AKB rose to the top due to a variety of ordinary circumstances.

#4387 post_url

Dec 9 12 3:04 PM

nackar wrote:

Yeah it was me. I did mean it as a combined total figure. smiley: tongue
Not so sure it'll still reach that mark.

#4388 post_url

Dec 9 12 3:40 PM

nackar wrote:

Oh yah, like how B'z thrived in a a bubble economy and debuted in 1987 while akb debuted in 2006, only gained popularity at end of 2009 and had to live in a piracy-filled world for the entirety of their life.
Let's not forget how long japan has been in recession too    (2 decades if you you want a hint, and i don't see the recession ending any time soon, only getting worse.)

#4389 post_url

Dec 9 12 4:31 PM

Whatzername wrote:
Miichan48 wrote:
Extending their record of consecutive million selling single and consecutive #1 singles.

I think B'z have 13 consecutive million selling singles (not first week, but in total) and 15 million selling singles in total. As a B'z fan I hope they can hold on to their record, but it will be hard smiley: tongue
AKB48 now have 10 consecutive million selling singles (including Eien) and 11 million selling single in total.
#1 Singles was referring to female groups since they passed Pink Lady early this year. And the Million Streak is catching up to B'z....next year.

#4390 post_url

Dec 10 12 6:22 AM

Daily Top 50 Albums

*1 37,724 EXILE (累積 359,112)
*2 20,801 鬆任谷由実 (2日累積 28,685)
*3 12,267 Mr.Children (3日累積 37,456)

*4 嵐
*5 YUI [GREEN]
*6 YUI [ORANGE]
*7 JUJU [Life stories]
*8 少女時代
*9 JUJU [Love stories]
10 濱崎あゆみ

Remove this ad

#4391 post_url

Dec 10 12 6:23 AM

Daily Top 50 Singles

*1 22,939 AKB48 [永遠プレッシャー] (累積 1,032,056)
*2 *4,302 EXILE ATSUSHI (累積 90,102)
*3 *2,219 The MONSTERS (4日累積 11,054)

*4 √5
*5 GLAY [JUSTICE]
*6 GLAY [運命論]
*7 EGOIST
*8 2AM
*9 ももいろクローバーZ
10 コブクロ

#4392 post_url

Dec 10 12 8:06 AM

nackar wrote:

Somebody call the whambulance... Gee, AKB48 is selling million selling albums (one version only). Doesn't need an Einstein to see that million selling singles isn't that far behind. Nobody is preventing your favorites to sell multiple version singles. Let's see if  they can sell as many.smiley: roll

With the state of the music world now, I bet the previous million selling artists can't even sell this much if they release singles in this era. AKB48 is thriving despite the current state.

#4394 post_url

Dec 10 12 9:05 AM

inyoface wrote:
With the state of the music world now, I bet the previous million selling artists can't even sell this much if they release singles in this era. AKB48 is thriving despite the current state.

Very true...

#4395 post_url

Dec 10 12 10:21 AM

LOL poor nackar. Don't worry, I perfectly understand what you mean. At least you're not being as rude as those people jumping on you.

I would love to see if AKB can always sell a million for every single from now on if we exclude theater editions (UZA can't barely surpass 500k without it), but unless Oricon rules out sales from agency-owned or label-owned stores (chara-ani and Avex shops for instance), we won't see that happening until maybe another couple of years at least. Though considering when they put a rule of only 30% of CDs sold at events can be counted in the charts a few years back when CDs sold at events had gone out of control, I won't be surprised if they would include some new set of rules next.

For the moment, let's just all sit back and appreciate the accomplishments, because it's still an accomplishment nonetheless, and I'm ready to admit that they've gone better than what Momusu ever did when they were at their peak.

FrozenSoul wrote:
Daily Top 50 Albums

*1 37,724 EXILE (累積 359,112)
*2 20,801 鬆任谷由実 (2日累積 28,685)
*3 12,267 Mr.Children (3日累積 37,456)

Another weekend boost for Yuming, but none for Mr.Children. I wonder if they'll have another big weekly adjustment just like last week.

And wow Ayu. I wonder if she can reach at least 50k. It's definitely looking to sell less than LOVE though.

K8 went up to 23rd today, I'm glad! They were 29th yesterday, and not in the top 30 before that.

Last Edited By: whitedove Dec 10 12 10:30 AM. Edited 2 times.

#4396 post_url

Dec 10 12 10:32 AM

is there anything special about AKB's theater editions? like photocards or tickets to the theater shows or different content/songs?

#4397 post_url

Dec 10 12 10:41 AM

^ An AKB fan would be able to fill you in better, but generally, they're (confirmed? not sure about this) tickets to handshake events. And they can sell 700k-800k of those alone. Have they sold over 900k of that though? Does anyone know?

#4398 post_url

Dec 10 12 12:04 PM

inyoface wrote:

Somebody call the whambulance... Gee, AKB48 is selling million selling albums (one version only). Doesn't need an Einstein to see that million selling singles isn't that far behind. Nobody is preventing your favorites to sell multiple version singles. Let's see if  they can sell as many.smiley: roll

Calm down. Not every disagreement on this forum has to be a "your favourites" fest. None of my "faves" belong on the all-time list. I don't have any stakes in discrediting AKB. I didn't say anything about AKB48 not thriving.

It was an off-hand comment and I meant it jokingly. I think the ": P" would've indicated that, but oh well. Some people just like to pounce on every comment.

Of course AKB48 belongs on the list just as much as every other artist on it, and they should be commended for it. Whether or not I personally agree with them being there should be irrelevant.

whitedove wrote:
LOL poor nackar. Don't worry, I perfectly understand what you mean. At least you're not being as rude as those people jumping on you

Haha, well it is what it is. I'll live with it : P

someone wrote:
we should be happy, it brings money to the industry on which artist with lower sales can ride.

I somehow doubt anyone but AKB48's management is benefitting from their high sales... but then I'm not an expert on the workings of the industry so eh : P

Last Edited By: nackar Dec 10 12 5:35 PM. Edited 2 times.

#4399 post_url

Dec 10 12 1:08 PM

^

My prediction for the week...

AKB48 - 1.080 mil-1.085 mil
EXILE ATSUSHI - 95k-98k

EXILE - 384k-389k
YUI (GREEN) - 116k-121k
YUI (ORANGE) - 115k-120k

#4400 post_url

Dec 10 12 3:12 PM

AKB48 - 1.073mil - 10th consecutive million, 16.5 years after B'z achieved the record
http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/confidence/2019542/full/

EXILE - 382k - tied with Mr. Children for 2nd most number 1 albums for male category (B'z is 1st).
http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/confidence/2019543/full/

YUI:
GREEN - 117k
ORANGE - 116k
http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/confidence/2019544/full/

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help