Remove this ad

#61 post_url

Oct 16 11 5:05 AM

iirc, the 10th anniversary stop is for calendars, while for mags is 30yo, as arashi were featured there in their 11th anniversary too but stopped once leader was 30. Still, they lose those 3-4 big idols mags but they can be in plenty more, all those tvguides and fashion mags and all... i felt these last months arashi had more mags than ever (talking bout them as a reference).
I thought, seeing their popularity, that this rule could be ignored this time, but no... they stopped, at their peak, when they were selling SO many of those mags just because they were there! I'm glad that at least we had very very very nice photoshoots in their last appearance there.

why "only" 5 editions for SZ? kisumai had more for their debut single, right?
I can't help thinking it would have been better to let kisumai do the volleyball thing and not debut another group merely months after them. *pats kisumai*
Plus with that name. -_- Not that kisumai is better, but... i was shocked.

Anyway, best of luck to them! ^_^

I like november

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#65 post_url

Oct 16 11 2:48 PM

The prices for the singles are out.

Three are Limited Versions with a CD (with two songs) and DVD (different stuff on the DVD) and cost 1,300 yen. One is a limited edition with a CD with three songs and 20 page booklet and costs 1,100 yen and the regular edition costs 1,000 yen. If you buy all that's 6,000 yen.

I think 5 editions is quite enough for them. How many did HSJ have? I don't think you can SZ compare to Kisumai, they were much more established at their debut already and the member edition thing was possible because the fans already knew their favorites. With SZ that would be really unfair because the level of exposure the members had is so different, because of the time they are in Johnny's.

Quote    Reply   

#66 post_url

Oct 16 11 3:55 PM

Ah yes, I suppose I could have converted those to dollars...
Either way, it's going to cost quite a bit...

Didn't Hey! Say! JUMP have 3 editions for their debut (regular + DVD version + limited)?
Well I'm glad they're not doing seven versions
And I hope the 5 versions will secure them a number one spot...plus it's a debut...I think they'll be fine~

Quote    Reply   

seca

#67 post_url

Oct 16 11 4:12 PM

HSJ did only have the three editions, and honestly you only needed to get the LE and 1st press to get everything as the RE only had a different cover and one less song than the 1st press. They did have a special edition that was only available online that could only be bought through J-Web but the CD was only the titled track and you got special packaging for it with profile pictures of all the members.

I figured we'd probably get five versions of SZ's debut single the moment they were announced as a five member group. It's not uncommon for these smaller idol units to pull something like this and for SZ it's probably necessary to do if Johnny's wants to make sure they debut at #1. I'd guess they'll debut around 200K+ as I believe HSJ had about 250K with their debut.

Quote    Reply   

#68 post_url

Oct 16 11 11:20 PM

But they're going to be up against Not yet. It's the most popular AKB sub-unit, and fronted by the very popular Oshima Yuko. And I love Yuko!

So sorry guys, I'm not gonna be able to root for SZ anyway, since GLAY will also release a single that day. I'll leave all the rooting to you, guys!

Quote    Reply   

#69 post_url

Oct 21 11 3:31 PM

Errr what? I didn't post here when the Sexy Zone thing was announced? I was sure I did! Anyway I was mad about it, probably the maddest I've ever been at Johnnys actually, they've done a lot of cruddy things but I always figured they knew how to run their own business even though some of their decisions seem questionable. But really I was mad because of the lack of Kanjuu. I'm just so bitter about that! Some of these kids aren't even popular juniors...

Quote    Reply   

#70 post_url

Oct 22 11 1:23 AM

Well you're not the only one! I can see this group not getting the support from a lot of Kanju fans as well. Some of the younger Kanju fans in Japan are pretty vocal about it too!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Ardnala

#71 post_url

Oct 22 11 8:55 PM

I was also annoyed that we didn't get any Kanjuu again. I doubt we'll be getting a debut next year so that means 2013 would be the earliest for another debut and it looks like JE's pushing that a.b.c-z or whatever. 

Quote    Reply   

#72 post_url

Jan 16 12 11:42 PM

I almost posted this in the random thread but then I remembered this thread was much better!

I've been watching some Shokura lately to catch up with whats going on with the juniors and it seems as if Shintaro has been demoted! I'm not terribly surprised, in fact when the whole thing with Ryutaro happened the first thing I thought was "Oh this isn't going to be good for Shintaro..." actually I thought he might go away completely. But it's still a little shocking, for the last few years he's been the little golden boy. I've never really liked him but to see him falling out of favor is a bit sad.

With ABC-Z and KisMyFt2 debuting and FiVe leaving it sure feels like there's a major shift going on in juniors right now and I'm interested in seeing how it'll turn out. ofc I felt the same way after HSJ debuted and I don't feel as if there's been much progress since then. I really hope those two groups graduate from Shokura this year, then again I've been hoping for that for like 4 years now soo >.>

Quote    Reply   

#73 post_url

Jan 17 12 9:02 AM

Shintaro demoted?? To what exactly??
I guess this dashes my dreams of him debuting soon...which kinda pisses me off because I love Shin-chan and hate to see him have to suffer because of Ryutaro's mistake...

Also I'm supporting Sexy Zone even more than before
Sou and Marius are adorable

Quote    Reply   

#74 post_url

Jan 17 12 1:41 PM

Well he used to be the main little junior, getting loads of camera time. Now on Shokura he's in a group and they hardly ever tape him. You can go a whole shokura without seeing him at all.

Quote    Reply   

#75 post_url

Jan 18 12 12:19 AM

I hope that SC becomes a wholly Junior thing this year. Sexy Zone is OK still being there, but Kisumai and ABC-Z need to go away already. How else are they going to promote the next set of Jrs if these people are still hanging around. As guests it's still OK, probably.

And yes, HSJ should never be allowed to set foot on SC ever again. How long have they debuted now? They've oustayed their welcome on that show!

Quote    Reply   

seca

#76 post_url

Jan 18 12 4:34 AM

Well Koyama and Nakamaru stayed with the program for several years after their group debuted.

But right now it's definitely time for Kisumai to leave the show at least. I keep hoping that they will announce the dates for their upcoming tours as I doubt they will be on SC much if they are busy with going overseas and touring all 47 prefectures of Japan.

A.B.C-Z will be okay if they only stick around for a few months after their debut and then move on. I'm much more lenient with SZ being on SC as they are a group that needs the experience of being on the program, especially the younger members.

And speaking of SC, spoilers for next month's episodes are out and B.A.D. and Shigeoka Daiki will be on the program. They came to Tokyo as a part of Nakayama Yuma's handshake event so I guess they figured they would make a SC appearance while they were in the area. It doesn't seem like they are on for very long and their part will most likely just be in one episode, but I'm still glad to see some Kanjuu on SC outside of their usual month.

Quote    Reply   

seca

#77 post_url

Mar 7 12 2:01 AM

Sorry for taking forever to update but some exciting news for Junior fans. Kyomoto Taiga, Tanaka Juri, Koichi Yuugo, Lewis Jesse, Matsumura Hokuto and Morimoto Shintaro will be starring in a drama this spring with members of AKB48. Shintaro will be the lead Junior for the drama, Shiritsu Bakaleya Koukou, which is about two high schools, one delinquent boy's school and a girl's school known for its beautiful students, that have been merged together. The drama will begin in April and is being penned by AKB48's producer, AkiP.

Quote    Reply   

#78 post_url

Mar 7 12 7:48 AM

I'm looking forward to watching this since basically all my favorite Juniors are included (I don't know Taiga but all the others are my favs)
And the plot sounds exactly like something I would like so I'm excited

Quote    Reply   

seca

#79 post_url

Apr 13 12 2:40 AM

The TV spot for Bakleya Koukou is out.

Also, Uchi Hiroki is going to be in this drama. If I read the information about his character right then he will be playing the older brother of Morimoto Shintaro's character.

Quote    Reply   

seca

#80 post_url

May 6 12 10:06 AM

So is anyone else watching Shiritsu Bakaleya Koukou? I have been enjoying it more than I thought I would and it is more focused on the Juniors than I expected as well. If anything I am just sad that it is only a half hour drama series and not a full hour so there is rather limited character development for the supporting cast so far.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help