#41 post_url

Sep 6 11 2:57 AM

But I want Kansai Jrs!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

seca

#42 post_url

Sep 6 11 11:21 AM

I want Kansai Juniors myself now after watching this months Shounen Club. 7WEST needs to debut and have Nakayama Yuma return to them as they are great together.

But for some new information about A.B.C-xyZ, Fuma is just a candidate for the group so not confirmed, but if he does join he will be a member of it and B.I.Shadow as well. The final spot is still completely open for now for any Junior. Though it's also said that the group will be another V6/HSJ with there being two divisions based on age so that final spot will most likely go to a Junior around Hasshi's and Fuma's ages (18-16). Also the group will be able to perform with only four members, which I guess is like pre-hiatus NEWS when they were performing with only six out their eight members at times. One of the hold ups for the group starting activities is the fact that Kawai Fumito is still injured (he was in a wheelchair at the show) so he has to recover first at least.

Quote    Reply   

#43 post_url

Sep 6 11 8:31 PM

...so Fuma is (not officially yet) debuting...which makes me MEGA excited since he's my favorite junior...
but I really want all of B.I. Shadow to debut...
I'm surprised Kento is going along...
I just want all of B.I. Shadow together, without Yuma (no offense) so they can all sing/have screen time and stuff...
Ugh, now I'm going to know the pain of breaking up Junior groups...
But Fuma-chan is (not officially) debuting so that's gotta put a smile on my face

Quote    Reply   

seca

#45 post_url

Sep 7 11 1:26 AM

Check the SC thread in the DL section here on JPC. It's a big file but so worth it to see them in high quality. And this episode has Junior Colosseum and a Junior ni Q segment for all kinds of great Kansai Jr moments, such as Shigeoka's lack of understanding of personal space.

Quote    Reply   

seca

#47 post_url

Sep 13 11 6:52 AM

A couple bits of news. This month and next month there will be request special episodes of Shounen Club for the final week of the month. The first will be for Kis-My-Ft2 but the one for next month is for Nakayama Yuma and the Kansai Juniors. I'm not surprised with Kisumai getting something like this as I recall KAT-TUN had something similar when they debuted but it is a bit surprising to see Yuma and the Kansai Juniors getting one themselves. I hope this is a good sign that maybe Johnny's is pushing the Kansai Juniors for something by having them be a bit more visible in Tokyo (as with the Shounentachi musical) and nationwide.

Spoilers for October's SC are out and it looks like it's going to be very light on Juniors as a good number were busy with Shounentachi.

Last Edited By: seca Sep 13 11 6:59 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

seca

#49 post_url

Sep 29 11 2:17 PM

It looks like natural disasters earlier in the year are not going to deter Johnny's from having their usual Volley Ball debut unit. The units name is Sexy Zone, and the members are Nakajima Kento (17), Kikuchi Fuma (16), Sato Shori (14), Matsushima Sou (13) & Yu Marius (11).

I'm surprised they have so many new Juniors in the group, I mean the two older members are probably the only ones those who aren't Junior fans would know of from past drama work, and disappointed that they don't have a single Kansai Junior in the group. I won't get into the name much as I have been tl;dr-ing quite a bit about Johnny's using 'Sexy' of late for anything to do with Juniors over on my blog.

Quote    Reply   

#50 post_url

Sep 29 11 10:29 PM

Sexy Zone. For underaged boys. Damn!

Is this going to be a proper debut like HSJ or a temp like NYC boys?

Damn still no Kanju in sight! And are they really expecting Kento and Fuma to carry the rest of the group?? Thank God there's only five of them.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

seca

#51 post_url

Sep 29 11 10:50 PM

It's being talked about like it's another HSJ, the article mentions it will be the second group to debut this year along with Kis-My-Ft2 and brings up that it will be the next volleyball unit to debut alongside, V6, Arashi, NEWS and HSJ.

I'm sad about the lack of Kanjuu as well. I can only hope that maybe we'll get a full group of Kanjuu to debut sometime in the near future. Johnny's is promoting them more than usual so that has to mean something I would think.

Kento and Fuma have to carry the group, though I think it'll be more Nakaken then anything else as he's old enough to be able to play a high school student. I mean if he can play a college student for Umareru, he should be able to play someone younger than that. And I can only guess they have plans for Sato Shori as he's been getting a heap of promotion over the past couple of months.

Quote    Reply   

#52 post_url

Sep 30 11 12:34 AM

Happy but disappointed...of course I love Fuma-chan and am ecstatic about his debut and I love Kento too...
But now by beloved B.I. Shadow is broken up...I know this stuff just happens when debuts happen but still...
I really wish they would keep B.I. Shadow and add Shintaro and debut...the 5 Juniors I actually care about all in one group
And I like the title
I mean, it might be a little strane considering their ages but you know...
Since they're also the youngest group, people have been saying that they can go the cute route...they don't have to be "sexy" persay but I do want them in the vein of Hey! Say! JUMP (the cool side)...leave cute to NYC

Quote    Reply   

Ardnala

#53 post_url

Sep 30 11 1:27 AM

An 11 year old in a group with the name Sexy Zone?! That is so wrong, in so many ways. 

No Kanjuu AGAIN?? BOOOOO. I think another debut this year is a bad idea but oh well...

Quote    Reply   

seca

#54 post_url

Sep 30 11 10:14 PM

I have the feeling that Johnny's has some kind of agreement with the tournament to debut a new group every four years, perhaps to make sure there is a lot of attention given to the event or something. If not they probably had these plans long decided minus which boys they would choose to debut and figured it was better to push ahead with them instead of not.

Some good news for Kanjuu though, Shigeoka Daiki (7WEST) and Kaneuchi Toma (Shadow West) will be in a CM for Tongari Corn with two of the boys debuting in this new unit. So yay for being in a national CM for them.

Quote    Reply   

Ardnala

#55 post_url

Oct 1 11 12:00 AM

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if you were right about the volleyball thing. I just wish that the Kanjuu didn't always get overlooked. I'm glad that K8 uses them as backdancers still so at least it gives them something to do. I will admit I do like Kento and I think this group has potential. I don't know if I'll really be into their debut song (I'm really not into those volleyball songs except for Arashi's) but I'm looking forward to see what sort of direction they'll take. It's too bad the members are so young though, lol, Marius is still in elementary school! At least there's only 5 members this time, I'll actually be able to tell them apart after only a few releases I'm sure. 

I don't mind about the volleyball debut, I guess it's just that I hate Kisumai and I wish they didn't debut. 

Quote    Reply   

#56 post_url

Oct 1 11 7:10 AM

Feels like the management may not have enough confident in Kanju. Though technically, those 3 chibis in Sexy Zone are even less popular than the popular Kanju! The management should probably try out the K8 route with Kanju honestly, like release a Kansai-only CD to test the market.

I know though that I'm just gonna be so sad when Kanju keeps quitting because of this. Maashi quit around the time the decision was made to debut Kisumai. He must've known that he will never debut, or that Veteran themselves won't! I was really sad when he quit.

Quote    Reply   

Ardnala

#57 post_url

Oct 1 11 9:25 PM

Aww, Kanju have been quitting? I don't blame him because let's face it, Veteran probably won't debut ever. They'll just be K8's backdancers until K8 decides they don't want backdancers/they get real backdancers (including women! Yes, I can dream). If any Kanju ever debut in our lifetime, it's probably going to be one or two randomly picked and tossed into a Kanto group. 

And given they're doing two debuts this year, I highly doubt we'll get another debut until at least 2013, if not 2014. 

Quote    Reply   

#58 post_url

Oct 2 11 1:35 AM

It's bad enough that Nakata left, though he left for the wrong reason. But he is one of the more prominent Kanju, and that left his partner Hamada to be tossed in veteran. And then, around the time it was decided that Kisumai would debut, Maashi quit. He was the oldest Veteran at 26! And he's also one of the more prominent Kanju.

I really really hope they won't at least break up 7WEST. Yuma and 7WEST need to debut together, and Yuma needs to debut properly.

Quote    Reply   

seca

#59 post_url

Oct 16 11 12:43 AM

Well Sexy Zone haven't been moved into their own section on Johnny's net, but seeing as the label releasing their debut single is Pony Canyon I'm sure Johnny's is just going to wait until the single is released before giving them a section like Kisumai. But the information about their debut single is all up, it comes out on November 16th with five editions, 3 LE and 2 RE (one is a first press edition I believe). They'll also be on Heyx3 Music Champ with filming for it at the end of the month.

I'm rather curious to see what's going to happen with the Juniors after this debut. It kinda looks like it might be a bit like after HSJ's debut with one of the older remaining Junior groups, in this case A.B.C-Z getting pushed to the front while other established Junior units getting a bit of a push until new groups are formed in about a year or so.

On another note I read an interesting blog entry who brought up the fact that usually when a group gets too old to be in the idol magazines Johnny's will create a new group to fit their spot. You can actually see this with SZ as Arashi stopped showing up in the magazines and now there's a new five member unit, SZ, being debuted. Now I can't help but wonder that if in a year or so of Kanjani8 not being in the magazines, because I believe they have members hitting 30 this year, that we'll get a new Kansai group to fill their spot.

Quote    Reply   

#60 post_url

Oct 16 11 3:14 AM

I thought the 10th anniversary is the limit, not the age 30? If that's so, then it's a pity for K8 since they won't even reach 10th anniversary yet before they stop appearing in idol mags.

November is pretty jam-packed with Johnny's releases though! Arashi, KinKi Kids, Kanjani8, Sexy Zone, Tackey&Tsubasa, KAT-TUN....

SZ has the potential to debut 2nd on Oricon chart the highest, since that day will also be occupied with Not yet, who happen to be AKB's most popular sub-unit who can crack 150k.

Last Edited By: whitedove Oct 16 11 3:18 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help