Remove this ad

Pacey Bishop

~川野里奈4EVER~Site Owner

image image

Lead

Apr 22 11 12:45 PM

Tags : :

Before posting in the J-Pop subforums, I HIGHLY recommend reading NATE's forum rules and using good judgment:
Making Threads and Posting Here
Avatar scaling concerns (CLICK HERE FOR UPDATED POST!)
Creating/Using Fan Badges!
Affiliate Link Explanation

Whether you are a regular OR a newbie, you might like to contribute to this:
Our Suggestion Box (keep in mind, I might not respond to everything or fulfill ALL requests, but we will work hard)
Who To Contact
Jpop crew for JPOP News forum

Also, here's a link to the below posts to get a quick (a little tl;dr) synopsis of what this place is about and where I want to take it:
My Plan/About Us/Final Jpopmusic.com Post
Getting to know Yuku, Your Profile, and JPC

Click one of the buttons under my avatar for access to our Twitter, Last.fm, Facebook, and Youtube; e-mail us at [email protected]

Last Edited By: Pacey Bishop May 2 11 1:53 PM. Edited 13 times

Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Pacey Bishop

~川野里奈4EVER~Site Owner

image image

#1 post_url

Apr 22 11 12:47 PM

Introduction

JpopCentral is a messageboard/website created by the users of Jpopmusic.com for the purpose of continuing the tradition of Jpopmusic.com – a Jpop site for fans by fans. Our goal is to be the primary site for news, reviews, opinions, and information on all things related to Japanese music, be it Pop, Rock, Hip-Hop, R&B, or anything under the Japanese music umbrella. The site is driven by user generated content such as translations, scans, reviews, uploads, and beyond. We look to evolve, grow our membership, and once again, become a leading source of Japanese music for the English speaking fan.

How the forum works:

For those of you coming from the old forums, as well as those of you generally new to the world of Yuku.com, yuku is an evolved social network, allowing its users powers unseen in most messageboard software:

From activity feeds to photo tagging, blogging, shoutbox comments, profile status, and designer skins, keeping up with friends has never been easier or more fun! And with our advanced privacy controls, members choose exactly what should be public or private.

http://www.yuku.com/portal/platform

Many of the features you are familiar with on Facebook, Twitter, Last.fm, Photobucket, and other Web2.0 websites are available right in your profile. With that in mind, it may come off as extremely overwhelming at first glance, especially coming from a forum where all you had were the bare necessities, but it allows for something that we at Jpopmusic have not had in a VERY long time, the opportunity for user generated content and all around creativity. Visit your profiles to learn more about choosing skins for your profiles, making friends, using status updates, signatures, and the potential of creating multiple accounts.

image image image
image image

Now because we are hosted by Yuku at the present time, there are some limitations that I can no longer provide. Those things include changing usernames and creating “usergroups”. I wanted to provide usergroups on the forum as a unique way to promote fun for the users and allow the showing of support for your favorite artist. In place of usergroups, you can do several things that I would be more than willing to implement – the use of custom titles under your avatar, as well as fan created forum skins that you can easily choose at the bottom of the forum. Also, we currently allow the use of signatures in both the Karaoke Bar as well as in the Tech Forum, those I sincerely hope that this option isn’t abused.

I also hope that you take advantage of our forum chatroom, that is open 24/7, and is a great way to get to know other users, get into fights, cyber, and trade photos of nemesisyume and generally make friends. Speaking of photos, Yuku allows you to host up to 30mb of photos, so though there is no need to get rid of your photobucket, Yuku is a great place to host your avatars and other personal pics you choose to share with the forum. As also mentioned by the link I posted in the above quote, your privacy settings – much akin to facebook – allows you to choose which users sees what on your profile.

One final recommendation I have is in regards to timezones: set them to your preference AS SOON AS YOU CREATE YOUR PROFILE. The forum default is eastern standard time, and changing your timezone tends to be a nuisance to say the least. You would have to first change the time zone, then clear your browser’s cache and cookies, log out, and then log back in for the forum to reflect your proper timezone.

On a personal note, I would like you to enjoy the forum, the eventual site and evolution of Jpop on the internet. I know for a fact that not only has our site lost many users due to the lack of evolution, but also due to the lack of interest in the music. There is only so much that can be done as a website as far as interest in the music itself goes, but we can become a way to remind ourselves, as well as to show others, that Jpop was and still is cool…or at least, interesting.

Now go – create threads! Post information, videos, postwhore, camwhore, bitch, moan, everything that makes the internet fun. I’ll be listening, and this time around, I will be able to do things and take a better lead.

Pacey Bishop

~川野里奈4EVER~Site Owner

image image

#2 post_url

Apr 22 11 12:48 PM

My plan for JpopCentral.com/Final post at JPM under the spoiler:

Pacey Bishop

~川野里奈4EVER~Site Owner

image image

#3 post_url

Apr 22 11 2:09 PM

In response to the concern about Avatar scaling in your profile and on the forum:

The new profiles default to the 170x170 width. For awhile that transferred to the board but it was causing another problem so for now they were returned to 100x100. It is possible to add something to your board but it depends what you want. We have a script for "full size avatars". The problem with it is say one person has 100x100 and another 500x300....you will see all the sizes. You can limit them to a max width but would also need to add some css or they make really long avatars.

The user can add something to the skin on his profile also. If he wants to use a 100x100 avi and have it not stretch he would add this to the CSS of his skin:

#ka-profile-photo.ka-media-frame img { width: 100px; height: 100px;}

Pacey Bishop

~川野里奈4EVER~Site Owner

image image

#4 post_url

May 1 11 8:40 PM

So we have affiliates at the bottom of the page; not ads, but affiliates. Clicks and purchases via our affiliates would be super, but to be brutally honest, I'm not expecting amounts that would help build the site or anything (I'm going out of pocket and other routes for this), but I want to use whatever money that comes from these affiliate links to be used for prizes, giveaways, and other fun activities that may come to mind or is suggested to me. So yes,

Support online Jpop, Support our forums:
CDJapan

#5 post_url

May 5 11 5:34 PM

Quick memo on some things:

Yuku has a screwy cache, it isn't slow:
Many of you many notice that your post "disappears" after making a post, as well as things like your old avatar displaying in spite of updating your profile...well, it's because the site has a habit of caching to the point of it being a nuisance. Sorry. Instead of double posting and worrying that me and NATE will attack you in your dreams for having an avatar not within the 100x100 limit, just refresh your page. If that doesn't resolve either your avatar issue or your missing post issue, clear your browser's cache THEN refresh the page.

EDIT - I don't know what it is about iDevices and iPrograms, but yeah...this caching thing is worse in both Safari AND on iOS devices; and this is AFTER clearing cache, cookies, and history. I don't have the problem in either Chrome or Firefox 4 as I see the board updated, but none of my browsers on iOS as well as Safari are showing my Pacey Bishop account as SonGoku v2.5, nor is it showing some of the name color changes.

So my apologies if you are browsing the forum on either Safari or on iOS, but my only response as of now is that the forum is best viewed in either Chrome Browser or Firefox.

The skittles (forum colors) are NOT back forum wide:
Yes, Pacey Bishop = SonGoku v2.5 = spirit9.jjb = Love9SOULS. I am posting from a test account of mine, this is NOT a signal to create multiple accounts. The PB/SG account is a test on display name changes, something that will be an EXCLUSIVE to the community as opposed to me just handing them out like some cheap whore. How this will be offered to the community will be discussed at a later date, but it is something that I will implement on a case by case basis.

Furthermore, the username colors are ONLY for the following: Moderators, jpop crew, and exclusive members. Again, this is going to be a case by case basis that I will further implement at a later date. This is neither a return to usergroups nor is it something that can simply be requested - so do NOT put this in the suggestion thread or PM me asking for this because you think you are special. I will dictate whether you are special or not.

That's all!
P.S. - As usual, any concerns or questions, either PM/leave a shout/twitter/last.fm me. The SG account or this one is fine as far as the forum goes!

Last Edited By: spirit9 May 6 11 4:29 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quick Reply

bbcode help