Remove this ad

#61 post_url

Jun 6 13 10:38 AM

Name: Wil
Age (if you want to say it): Early 20's
Hobbies: reading, watching J-dramas
Year you got into Japanese music: I don't really remember. I basically grew up watching anime on TV and I thought the songs they used were catchy. From then, my interest in Japanese music (and culture in general) just grew.
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): Well, why I like it... I guess it's because it's quite different from what's usually popular here in my country. Also, a lot of my favorite Japanese songs are usually associated with the anime or drama I heard it from, so there's that sort of emotional attachment to it.
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): Arashi (although I like them more for their variety shows than their music), Perfume, GreeeeN. I also sometimes listen to some Vocaloid, due to the influence of my sister.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#62 post_url

Jun 29 14 12:23 PM

Name: Andrew A.
Age (if you want to say it): 24
Hobbies: Languages, Music Production, Reading
Year you got into Japanese music: Around 2000
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): Japanese friends and interest in language
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): Ayumi, Miliyah, Namie, Southern All Stars, Chara

Some of you may know me from other J-Pop communities as Loveless or LovelessHero.

This site doesn't seem so active anymore, but maybe I can still contribute to whatever discussions are around.

Quote    Reply   

#63 post_url

Nov 16 14 9:57 AM

Name: Rika
Age (if you want to say it): 20 something
Hobbies: Internet, my one and only love
Year you got into Japanese music: Mmm 2004?
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): Anime.......
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): Some selected few Johnnies, BUCK-TICK, Crystal Kay

Quote    Reply   

#64 post_url

Jan 9 15 1:49 PM

Name: Norm
Hobbies: playing instruments, reading, hiking, playing sports, and listening to music
Year I got into Japanese music: 2012
How/Why: I started watching Janime. One thing led to another...
Favourite Japanese musical artist(s): Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, Nogizaka46, Kaleido Knight, and Kis My Ft2

Quote    Reply   

#65 post_url

Jan 17 15 1:20 PM

HOW didn't I know about this forum before!?

Name: Kirie
Hobbies: Reality TV,Anime, Figure collecting, ect
Year I got into Japanese music: 2006
How/Why: Anime + internet sites and social circles
Favourite Japanese musical artist(s): Shinsei Kamattechan, ect ect

Quote    Reply   

#66 post_url

Feb 11 15 10:58 PM

Hello all! im here to find japanese singers to become a fan of

Name: Chii
Hobbies: singing
Year I got into Japanese music: 2009
How/Why: I searched japanese music for learning purposes...
Favourite Japanese musical artist(s): Morning musume... im here to expand my favorites

Quote    Reply   

#67 post_url

Apr 16 16 8:31 PM

Name: Charles Estrella
Age (if you want to say it):
Hobbies:
Year you got into Japanese music: I don't know                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   How/why (the interest in Japanese music): Japanese Rock music and  Japanese Pop Music caught my attention and equal what I equal a fan of.                                                                   Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): Kyary Pamyu Pamyu , and Scandal    (The Japanese Rock Music Band)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#69 post_url

Jan 29 17 8:53 PM

Name: Antón
Age (if you want to say it):
Hobbies: reading, movies listening to music.
Year you got into Japanese music: 2001
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): I was into remixes by Thunderpuss, I downloaded by accident ayumi's Surreal (thunderpuss remix) and I really liked it bu the song that made me a jpop fan was Kanariya (the remixed version). From there I was into ayumi for 3 years and after that I started to listen to other artists. Around 2010 I stop being ayu's fan.
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): Several! but some of my very best are Koda Kumi,Jolin Tsai, mink, Kyary, Perfume and others http://www.last.fm/es/user/Mikayuko

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#70 post_url

Jan 30 17 11:26 AM

Hi Antón! wow i haven't seen anyone post in this thread for a long time. it's nice to see another mink fan. i hope you post lots and post things so offensive that you become a controversial figure and bring all the lurkers out of lurking because they feel so compelled to respond to your offensive posts.

(i'm just kidding)

Quote    Reply   

#71 post_url

Apr 1 17 1:48 AM

Name: onesnowyday (some just call me snowy)
Age (if you want to say it): a millennial
Hobbies: Listening to jpop basically, and watching dramas
Year you got into Japanese music: 2013
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): It was anime, and then idols just came and took over my life
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): GEM (Girls Entertainment Mixture), and a whole bunch of soloists/bands that I'm too lazy to list

Nice to meet you guys

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#72 post_url

Apr 1 17 12:18 PM

hi snowy, thank you for your interest in joining JPC. unfortunately, the forum will be closing at the end of the month. we hope you enjoy your short stay with us smiley: happy

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#73 post_url

Apr 3 17 7:04 PM

(that was an April fool joke)

(i hope i didn't scare you away forever)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help