Remove this ad

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#121 post_url

Jul 25 16 8:37 PM

↑ i feel the same way but i wasn't sure if it was just because i was getting bored with them. but you're right, these last two songs are nowhere near as good as Astroboy or We Flood The Night, for example. PoW! was the last song i liked by them (didn't really care of L.C.S).

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#122 post_url

Jul 26 16 12:37 AM

mitsuhoney wrote:
What happened with this group? Their music was so unique to J-Pop, now it just seems like their releases are becoming more and more generic J-Pop electronic music. I mean, the songs are not terrible, but this wasn't the reason why I became a fan of them in the first place. I miss the old FEMM, not really digging this current era.

Seems like lack of funding...blah tracks and new videos that are dime store quality.

Quote    Reply   

#124 post_url

Jul 26 16 8:03 PM

Yeah it just seems their music and style is going downhill, I mean, really Avex? You could not afford to give them a variation of a maid outfit for Pow? They had to have the same exact one that they already used before? I just feel like they gave up trying with this group already. I am not really digging the latest release and honestly if they continue to go in this route, I feel like there is no hope for them succeeding as a substantial duo that can go places, it just sounds like something Perfume has or will do.

Quote    Reply   

#126 post_url

Jul 27 16 5:15 AM

I'm not too fond of both new songs and videos.
But I loved PoW, song and video, and I also love circle.
I'm not too worried, I mean, it's just one release yet, which is weaker imo.

Quote    Reply   

Moh

#127 post_url

Jul 27 16 7:18 PM

Quite frankly, I've been enjoying their post-Femm-Isation material more than what they were putting out before that.

Quote    Reply   

#128 post_url

Aug 5 16 3:14 PM

They uploaded their recent VRDG live on youtube:

Idk, but it looks like they replaced the live audio with the studio versions of the songs...?

Quote    Reply   

#129 post_url

Aug 6 16 2:15 AM

Yeaaaah, it really sounds like they just overlapped the audio; no audience sounds, the editing is way too clean video-wise too. Weird, especially for a live. But it still looks cool. DEM DDR EFFECTS FOR KILL THE DJ THOOOOOOOOO. And the circle screen effects are amazingly done too, especially how you see the letters visibly fall ONTO the floor, rather than just fade away or continue into the depths of hell

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#130 post_url

Aug 17 16 5:12 PM

there are PVs like that, where it just shows live footage and they overlay it with the song. which make for really boring PVs tbh. I guess this is more like that than a live recording.

anyway, as I stated before, I'm not as much into them now as I was in the beginning, but I'm glad they are finding some success and are continuing activities.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#131 post_url

Oct 18 16 1:56 AM

I'm...not entirely sure what's going on in the first video. But the second video's really cute. New style for them, and the ending is groundbreaking (for them at least)

Quote    Reply   

#133 post_url

Oct 19 16 8:28 PM

What I liked most about them was that their music was so unique to J-Pop, yet it had elements to it. Their music nowadays (on the rare chance when they do release singles) is so basic and nothing special as their debut was. And it really annoys me how they have all these things going for them (advertisements and such) and yet their label STILL makes them wear the same damn clothing over and over again. I swear to God if I see that damn Fxxk Boyz Get Money maid outfit one more time lol

Quote    Reply   

#135 post_url

Oct 20 16 2:08 PM

they've releases basically nothing the fact that someone can say their music 'nowadays' (as if they're like.... madonna) when they've basically been around for 10 seconds is the most laughably stupid thing ever lol

we've had what?
First Album (So their debut)
P.O.W / L.C.S (Sounded exactly like their debut, it fit completely with everything else they've ever done)
Those other 2 songs that had MV's (I didn't pay much attention to them, can't even remember them)

But they've lost how they were?
idgi

Quote    Reply   

#136 post_url

Oct 20 16 3:10 PM

uncle Jemima wrote:
it's so weird to see them in normal clothes.
what about the end was groundbreaking? the smile they pushed their mouths into?
Yeah, since they've been so stone-faced their entire existence. It was just cute to me haha

Quote    Reply   

#140 post_url

Mar 29 17 2:27 AM

Well that may explain this then

(Also lel literal mannequin challenge queens)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help