Remove this ad

#1461 post_url

Mar 19 17 12:47 PM

She sounds so good. Yea I definitely got that soulful/r&b vibe too. She has sounded really amazing this era. I do wonder what direction will she learn towards under her new label. I know it won't happen but I do want 1 more R&B/pop album from her.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1463 post_url

Mar 20 17 4:08 AM

Wow, that was great, they both sound very good. Haven't heard the original, this does sound like a totally new collab after Tomodachi.

Quote    Reply   

#1466 post_url

Apr 3 17 3:10 AM

Aww, I love her hair longer for Fantome, not really a fan of this one, kinda like a worse version of HEART STATION hair, but YAY for new music.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1469 post_url

Apr 18 17 4:08 AM

Such a smart move to acquire her songs. I guess it's easier for her, considering she wrote them all by herself. And I totally wouldn't mind another album this year.

Quote    Reply   

#1470 post_url

Apr 21 17 2:51 PM

raito7 wrote:
According with this article, the rumour is that Hikki will release a new album this year yet.

It says some things about the Sony transfer, like it costed 1 billion yen, the contract is valid for 3 years ans that Hikki brought all the masters of her old songs to Sony.

http://www.premiumcyzo.com/modules/member/2017/04/post_7486/
The news that she would release a new album within the year was already made clear when she announced her transfer to Epic. 

That, and the part about U3 possibly buying over all the master licenses to her songs is speculation on the part of the writer - the idea is that since Hikki had already clashed once with Universal over the release of the Utada best she never gave an okay to (and on the same day as "Utada Hikaru SINGLE COLLECTION Vol. 2", to further add fuel to the fire), there was no way she was going to leave the master licenses to the songs with her former (?) label, as that'd be allowing them to release best album after best album. In addition, the person who wrote the article also speculated that since her contract with Sony is for three years, the number of albums and singles she'd have to release would've already been determined, and it is possible that one of them would have to be a best album. In such an event, she wouldn't have enough material for a new best, hence why it is likely that Teruzane bought over all the master licenses, and hence the gargantuan amount of money that went into her contract, making it on par with that of an A-list baseball player.

The article does raise an issue I've been worrying about ever since Hikki announced her transfer, which would be that of creative freedom - her management team of Miyake Akira, Okita Hidenobu and Kaji Nozomu, who've been with her since she debuted, were the ones who ensured she had her creative control while at EMI (and later Universal), but even though they've made the move with her to Epic, it's more likely than not the top brass at Sony would want her to tone down some of her more daring tunes and make them appeal more to the masses.

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#1471 post_url

Apr 21 17 4:59 PM

luminaire, the last part of your post worries me Frown Hikki wouldn't be Hikki without 5-minutes-on-her-Mac Mikihead (old joke that few on here will know about probably)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help