#9 Inside (+6)
#10 Outside (+8)

omg back in the top 10, legend 

27WtCSa.gif

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1842 post_url

Mar 17 17 9:32 AM

^ LOLS I love your gif!! well, i just got a notification from yesasia that my orders have been shipped - probably due to the late shipment, she's back at top 10

Quote    Reply   

#1843 post_url

Mar 17 17 10:37 AM

LiLo wrote:

sora2522 wrote:Alright, since no one's asked the question and I feel like it would be something we'd all do as J-Pop fans lolol:

Mash up both W FACE albums into your perfect W FACE compilation CD. Feel free to take out as many songs as you'd like and also change around tracklisting if you'd like

I actually have done mine lols and I do think it should be compacted into one album - sales numbers could be better that way
1. Introduction ~W Face~ (half the original track length) 
2. Ultraviolet
3. Wicked Girls
4. Insane
5. Damn Real
6. Stand by you
7. Heartless
8. Interlude ~Cupcake~ (half the original track length and make it more interlude with lots of bass)
9. Bassline
10. Bangerang
11. What's up
12. 喜びのかけら
13. Promise You
14. Bridget Song
15. Hidden Bonus Track: My Fun

I'd never let you cut W FACE
It's already a legend. Jesus

Quote    Reply   

#1844 post_url

Mar 17 17 11:45 AM

Ridge wrote:
Oricon Daily (10th day)

#9 Inside (+6)
#10 Outside (+8)

omg back in the top 10, legend 

Yass bitch yass bitch yass bitch. Slay!!

Quote    Reply   

#1845 post_url

Mar 17 17 12:50 PM

Kaled Kalil wrote:
People usually gets the song they care about, not the whole album. Utada's album sold 6500 first week digitally, so yeah, digital album sales are really bad over there.

That 6500 was from Fantome's 5th week of being on sale and the debut week of the Oricon digital chart. Had Oricon established the chart on Fantome's release week, it would have had much stronger numbers. Pretty much all the big name artists have been doing well first week and onward on the digital chart (backnumber/OOR did 20k first week). Kuu just has a non-existent fan base now, not the other way around.

Last Edited By: Honey Girl Mar 17 17 12:52 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#1846 post_url

Mar 18 17 2:46 AM

So what?
We all know Kuu doesn't belong to the public favoured artists.
Doesn't change the fact that digital album sales aren't big in Japan and that the formula of selling 2-3 times more digitally doesn't work for albums, even for Hikki and RADWIMPS, the most popular artists the last year.
100k for the most popular albums digitally is undoubtedly the top, but it's quite underwhelming for such a big selling market and there sadly aren't much artists achieving that.

Last Edited By: Corvina Mar 18 17 2:48 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#1847 post_url

Mar 18 17 4:17 AM

Kumi has a massive fanbase, basically 100% of the people attending her shows buy the shit out of those merch stands. People are just more willing to spend their money on her merch rather than her albums. Kumi probably makes more money with her merch in one night than what global pop stars are making with their albums sales. And she just achieved a chart record, Kumi is still a hot artist.

Quote    Reply   

#1849 post_url

Mar 18 17 6:52 PM

tracklist is.. interesting. was hoping for more WALK OF MY LIFE (title track, Like It, Fake Tongue, ..). it's annoying they tacked on cutie honey, ai no uta and koi no tsubomi probably for fan interest - those songs have been remixed to death already in the DH series.

the remixes sound surprisingly good so far though, was quite disappointed with the quality of the last DH album so hoping this one is produced better.

Quote    Reply   

#1850 post_url

Mar 18 17 7:38 PM

I loved the preview of Ai no Uta and Shhh!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1851 post_url

Mar 19 17 12:23 AM

^ W face & Hotel remix sound interesting But really, I do think and hope Kumi could change labels (like Hikki did recently). She needs a new direction, new marketing and definitely new team to refresh her musical career. Sony or Universal would be good. Avex is really, how should I say it, running out of steam in running their diva's musical stuff.

Quote    Reply   

#1852 post_url

Mar 19 17 3:34 AM

Really?
Despite being under avex I think her management and branding team is actually doing a really good job most of the time. And you also don't know, who's making some of the decisions. Kuu just said in an intedview e.g., that she wanted to make more TV appearances his time. She's producing herself, so Idk how much would change.

Last Edited By: Corvina Mar 19 17 3:36 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#1853 post_url

Mar 19 17 4:35 AM

Yeah but a change of environment would be good, access to new producers and musicians etc; which would probably help in the creative process. In the west and other parts of Asia, a change of labels usually bring new musical direction / image for the artists which are refreshing in a way. It's not a sure-success thing, but at this stage of her career, there is no harm trying lol

Quote    Reply   

#1854 post_url

Mar 19 17 5:30 AM

Kumi's perfectly managed, her only issue is budget despite the fact she still makes a loadshit of money but thanks to avex we have #1 albums and tours basically every year.

Quote    Reply   

#1856 post_url

Mar 19 17 12:27 PM

Corvina wrote:
So what?
We all know Kuu doesn't belong to the public favoured artists.
Doesn't change the fact that digital album sales aren't big in Japan and that the formula of selling 2-3 times more digitally doesn't work for albums, even for Hikki and RADWIMPS, the most popular artists the last year.
100k for the most popular albums digitally is undoubtedly the top, but it's quite underwhelming for such a big selling market and there sadly aren't much artists achieving that.

The digital market is a popular and profitable market and you do have plenty if artists who do better in that market than physical. When you take away the idol sales, the market is not that big and the numbers you see from digital sales make sense. Kuu just isn't an investment to people anymore. Lastly, no one believed that artists sell 2-3 more digitally than physically but you guys. And when Kuu had those lackluster digital sales, you took it back and tried to blame the market rather than the product.
Pillis wrote:
Kumi's perfectly managed, her only issue is budget despite the fact she still makes a loadshit of money but thanks to avex we have #1 albums and tours basically every year.

She doesn't need a bigger budget. She needs better songs and actually show she's grown since 05. No, she doesn't need to sing ballads or folk pop to show that growth. I honestly imagined Kuu going the Beyonce/Lemonade route with her music and image. She can be so much better than these 1 yen English gibberish she churns out for the sake of contract fulfillment. She's being lazy and complacent.

Quote    Reply   

#1857 post_url

Mar 19 17 12:49 PM

Well, you just showed you aren't really reading the posts. Never said the digital market isn't big and profitable, only spoke about full albums. And you liking something or not doesn't make something good or bad, not by anybody actually. That's subjective. But you seem to be here to only make trouble and not profoundly debating, so keep going, won't answer anymore.

Last Edited By: Corvina Mar 19 17 12:53 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#1858 post_url

Mar 19 17 2:42 PM

Luckily Kuu isn't Beyoncè, god she's better than that. Even tho I'm not mesmerized by the new albums she's still more playful and honest that most of the fake garbage there's around.
And no she won't drop a mixtape, only desperate flop artists drop stuff like that. Kumi is just too professional and too polished to do something so amateurish.
About the sales, a good product doesn't necessarily mean good sales (see Beyoncè above), Kumi's sales are very good I don't get all the fuzz. We were just expecting more digitally as someone rumored she was selling more digitally than physically but I think we can all agree she is stronger with digital singles than digital albums. Then she just got another #1 album and she's embarking on a 47 prefecture tours that's gonna make a loadshit of money so whatever, Kumi's winning.

Quote    Reply   

#1859 post_url

Mar 19 17 4:20 PM

Corvina wrote:
Well, you just showed you aren't really reading the posts. Never said the digital market isn't big and profitable, only spoke about full albums. And you liking something or not doesn't make something good or bad, not by anybody actually. That's subjective. But you seem to be here to only make trouble and not profoundly debating, so keep going, won't answer anymore.

Page 91 and 92 are the receipts. And can you stop confusing truth with subjective? Kuu didnt gain any fans this era but rather lost 10,000 more, none of her songs are topping popular digital sites, the album is losing to 5 month old albums, and she's about to suffer a 70% drop in sales this week and will most likely chart less than 10 weeks. That's the truth. I only came here to clarify the comments made about the digital chart and the market itself. You guys were trying frame it to fit a good narrative for her when it's a flat out lie. Like I said earlier, the market is fine but it's Kuu's products that's not on people's radar.

Pillis wrote:
Luckily Kuu isn't Beyoncè, god she's better than that. Even tho I'm not mesmerized by the new albums she's still more playful and honest that most of the fake garbage there's around.
And no she won't drop a mixtape, only desperate flop artists drop stuff like that. Kumi is just too professional and too polished to do something so amateurish.
About the sales, a good product doesn't necessarily mean good sales (see Beyoncè above), Kumi's sales are very good I don't get all the fuzz. We were just expecting more digitally as someone rumored she was selling more digitally than physically but I think we can all agree she is stronger with digital singles than digital albums. Then she just got another #1 album and she's embarking on a 47 prefecture tours that's gonna make a loadshit of money so whatever, Kumi's winning.
mmhmmm but those stages are getting smaller and smaller. Pretty soon she's going to be dropping cars on stages at high school auditoriums. And too professional and too polished?  Didnt she make a video just to call out the days of the week and do weak coochie pops the entire time??? I mean really. Not even the "affection" era was this horrible. I mentioned sale because you think she needs a bigger budget when general public doesnt really care for the product. Most likely avid fans were the ones who bought both albums. Big budget videos isn't what she needs to get the public to pick up/download her album and attend her tours. She's in need of an image/music revamping. I said Beyonce because that's the only image/music she can fit.

Quote    Reply   

#1860 post_url

Mar 19 17 4:44 PM

mmhmmm but those stages are getting smaller and smaller. Pretty soon she's going to be dropping cars on stages at high school auditoriums. And too professional and too polished?  Didnt she make a video just to call out the days of the week and do weak coochie pops the entire time??? I mean really. Not even the "affection" era was this horrible. I mentioned sale because you think she needs a bigger budget when general public doesnt really care for the product. Most likely avid fans were the ones who

bought both albums. Big budget videos isn't what she needs to get the public to pick up/download her album and attend her tours. She's in need of an image/music revamping. I said Beyonce because that's the only image/music she can fit.

Getting new fans in the music industry after 17 years of career is something a small handful of people on this planet has a achieved. Kumi's tours always sell extremely well and attract lots of people (150-200k people).
In the past 3 years I feel Kumi's really showing us her true self and has grown a lot as a performer. A revamped image with be totally fake, having said that I would welcome more innovative and interesting projects like Dance In The Rain. W FACE is a well done and nice (yet safe) album but I'm a bit disappointed too. Maybe avex could treat Kumi more like Namie Amuro but Amuro is like a robot so people don't really have an opinion about her and might still be interested in her, Kumi is an open book so she's the "take it or leave it" type.
Anyway I think the 60th single is gonna be a bigger thing, so let's wait.

Last Edited By: Pillis Mar 19 17 4:49 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help