i wonder why avex removed Ultraviolet MV from yt

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1802 post_url

Mar 12 17 9:42 PM

maze wrote:
sora2522 wrote:
ThinkingOutLoud89 wrote:
and btw: those cellphone-drama Videos were all terrible: I can't even remember that I watched AinoUta more than once, and even that once I wasn't full paying attention.
I kinda miss them tbh LOLOL I don't think they're super amazing or anything, but they were a Kuu staple, and her perfect brand of cheese (take that Velveeta!). When even was the last time we had a cellphone drama video though? I was talking about it with some friends, even went so far as to take screencaps (I found four separate videos), but I can't remember when exactly they stopped...

It was Kimi Omoi and it was GORGEOUS through the whole thing, I could feel she was really into the story (Unlike some other ballad videos like stay with me and Sukidesukidesukide, for example). Not to mention her fashion was so good! Kimi Omoi video surely puts the other WFace videos to shame.

And in my case it's also a good example of how much you might get to love a song because of the promotional video
Oh yeahhh I forgot about Kimi Omoi lolol

Tbh, I wonder why they didn't include it in the DVD? Like yeah it was initially a FEVER release, but I can see them getting the permission to use it for her release?

Quote    Reply   

#1804 post_url

Mar 13 17 8:14 AM

Per Billboard Japan

“二面性”をテーマに同時リリースされた倖田來未『W FACE~outside~』『W FACE~inside~』が、それぞれ20,762枚、20,689枚セールスで週間アルバム・セールス・チャート首位を独占した。

◎Billboard JAPAN Top Albums Sales
(2017年3月6日~3月12日の全国推定売上枚数)
1位:『W FACE~outside~』倖田來未 20,762枚
2位:『W FACE~inside~』倖田來未 20,689枚

Girl is doing fine I suppose, given the release is kind of limited (I still could not believe my cds would only be shipped on the 21st when I have pre-ordered like mid-feb!) and noting that digital downloads are not counted.

My friend who works in Avex told me that Kuu's digital sales are far stronger (2 - 3x) more than her physical ones but….the profit generated from digital is far less than physical copies. It's not just affecting her, apparently the budget over at Rhythm Zone (and other Avex subsidiaries) had been cut quite a lot. 

Quote    Reply   

#1807 post_url

Mar 13 17 11:58 AM

LiLo wrote:

My friend who works in Avex told me that Kuu's digital sales are far stronger (2 - 3x) more than her physical ones but….the profit generated from digital is far less than physical copies. It's not just affecting her, apparently the budget over at Rhythm Zone (and other Avex subsidiaries) had been cut quite a lot. 

that was pretty obvious to me. Their latest MVs are cheap as fuck.
take a look at nishiuchi mariya's latest mv Jesus
That mv looks like it was recorded with a iphone 5

avex is like a-zlia
Broke with expensive taste

All the budget goes to J Soul Brother's always samelookalike mvs, only because they have dicks
But maybe the pvs on w face wouldve look better if she shot some scenes outdoors idk

Last Edited By: Puta do Pop Mar 13 17 12:03 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#1810 post_url

Mar 13 17 3:33 PM

Oricon confirms the albums debuting at #1 and #2: http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2087408/full/?ref_cd=tw_pic

This is the first time in 47 years that two studio albums by a solo female have occupied the Top 2 on the charts (Utada's mom was the one to do it). They also note that this is her 9th consecutive studio album to top the charts starting with Black Cherry in 2006 and her 11th number one album overall.

Congrats Kuu! So happy for her!.

Last Edited By: If You SeeKumi Mar 13 17 3:46 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1811 post_url

Mar 13 17 5:34 PM

Kaled Kalil wrote:
@sora2522 Probably didn't go with the simple concept of the others and would stand out way too much for the release.
This makes sense. Lolol

Quote    Reply   

#1813 post_url

Mar 13 17 7:14 PM

Total sales are higher than WOML, we should be celebrating. What did you expect? Doubled sales numbers? Ain't gonna happen. Luckily she's doing fine digitally as well and the 24bit version is amazing so if avex wants my money, they better release Kumi's discography in hi-res on ototoy.

Quote    Reply   

#1814 post_url

Mar 13 17 10:23 PM

yeziirl wrote:
Oh, god, JSB's songs suck, they shouldn't even exist...

actually i love them and they're avex's main profit atm
mainly that lil song 'RYUSEI' I always show friends
imo it shouldve been a ww hit

the dick part i was talking  about is the popularity with the female audience

I'd need extra pants if I ever met Takanori and Ryuuji

Last Edited By: Puta do Pop Mar 13 17 10:34 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#1815 post_url

Mar 14 17 1:09 AM

If You SeeKumi wrote:
Oricon confirms the albums debuting at #1 and #2: http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2087408/full/?ref_cd=tw_pic

This is the first time in 47 years that two studio albums by a solo female have occupied the Top 2 on the charts (Utada's mom was the one to do it). They also note that this is her 9th consecutive studio album to top the charts starting with Black Cherry in 2006 and her 11th number one album overall.

Congrats Kuu! So happy for her!.

wow! Yay! congrats miss thang!! I'm happy for her too!, hope she does something special.

Quote    Reply   

#1816 post_url

Mar 14 17 3:49 AM

This is such a great feat on Kumi's part. I'm very happy for her. BTW, there were 3 other instances of 2 albums being on #1 and #2 at the same time, but they were all best albums. The sales are totally fine considering al the things, lol.

Quote    Reply   

#1819 post_url

Mar 14 17 4:03 PM

Applied for Nagasaki and Kumamoto shows, pushed my trip from september to october, an extra payslip is gonna help
I hope to win these tickets!

Quote    Reply   

#1820 post_url

Mar 14 17 5:22 PM

Lovely performance, I love the song.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help