Remove this ad

#1761 post_url

Mar 9 17 9:24 PM

Hey that's a nice surprise! I didn't know it came with a poster! But it's odd how they gave two posters - one for each album but it's the same picture.

Bassline is so good though. Wow.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1762 post_url

Mar 9 17 10:11 PM

ARUTO wrote:
I can't believe ~outside~ is doing way better in every japanese poll I've seen. I thought they would die for ~inside~, since it's more their kind of album.
lols well, I suspect those who bought Kumi albums are either non-Japanese (gaijin) or Overseas born Japs lol. Or well just die-hard fans who would prefer her urban/ dancey songs. Definitely not representative of Jap public lol

Quote    Reply   

#1763 post_url

Mar 10 17 3:16 AM

I've download the BD ISO from baidu... Haven't watched all the videos yet, I'll wait my momma to watch together, lol
Anyway, I took a lil' snippet; think Wicked Girls will be the best MV... But, there are no doubts, all 6 videos are very simple.
Oh, and probably I'll upload it on suki soon...

Quote    Reply   

#1764 post_url

Mar 10 17 5:40 AM

All PVs already on Dailymotion, so bad only insane in 720p, promise you is still nice in 480p but WG so blurrrr ..hope will get the WG hd soon >

Quote    Reply   

#1765 post_url

Mar 10 17 5:44 AM

3rd day on Oricon

Album
1. Koda Kumi - W FACE ~outside~ 11,830 + 4,475 + 1,440 = 17,745
2. Koda Kumi - W FACE ~inside~ 11,812 + 4,430 + 1,414 = 17,656

I bought mine at Yesasia and I just received an email saying that due to supplier issues, they won't have stocks until 21st March =.= So weird, are they limiting the release or something? It was also sold out over at Amazon. The sales number is =.= 

Last Edited By: LiLo Mar 10 17 6:21 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#1768 post_url

Mar 10 17 1:55 PM

Does anyone of you think of applying for the second leg tickets lottery this monday? I'm still not sure...I would eventually go in September (saga, kagoshima, miyazaki, kobe) but even if I like outside and 2-3 songs from inside I'm not sure if it's really worth a trip.

Quote    Reply   

#1769 post_url

Mar 10 17 6:07 PM

^Lmao, are you serious with that question. I'ts koda kumi we are talking about, doesnt matter if you like two or three songs, she is QUEEN OF LIVE. You will surely enjoy the concert no matter what. If you'll have the opportunity, go ahead my friend!!

Here is my short review after listening to the albums many times:

Outside is definitely something different from her, I feel like the production this time is better than WOML. She sounds super sexy in some songs and the instrumental goes well with it.
My favorites are Ultraviolet, Bassline, Bangerang, Wicked Girls and Cupcake (I don't get all the hate Cupcake is getting, I just can't). Heartless is my new Candle Light, so powerful yet emotional, it adds something special to the dance-y atmosphere of the album.

Inside is typical Kuu but I appreciate the fact that this record sounds more mature, ''quiet'' and personal compared to what she used to offer in this style. Definitely pleasant to listen to, of course if you are in the mood for it.
My favorites are Bridget Song, Yorokobi no kakera, Stand by you, On my way and My fun. Stand by you reminds me of one of my fave K-drama theme songs - Stairway to Heaven <33

Last Edited By: maze Mar 10 17 6:19 PM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   

#1770 post_url

Mar 10 17 7:11 PM

maze wrote:
^Lmao, are you serious with that question. I'ts koda kumi we are talking about, doesnt matter if you like two or three songs, she is QUEEN OF LIVE. You will surely enjoy the concert no matter what. If you'll have the opportunity, go ahead my friend!!

Yeah of course she's gonna kill it but I'm afraid I will hate most of the ballad section, last year she performed mostly songs I like because it was a best single collection setlist but with the inside album...I don't know lol! I'm tempted because of the trip plan I've made which is very interesting and off the beaten track which is always great!
But I won't enjoy half the show if she's gonna perform bring it on, sukideshita, kimi omoi and stuff like this from previous albums. 

Last Edited By: Pillis Mar 10 17 7:30 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1771 post_url

Mar 10 17 10:45 PM

evilsin wrote:
The sales are actually fine. It would be great if she had another #1 album.

Yes and she will break her #1 strike by her own with "inside"

Quote    Reply   

#1772 post_url

Mar 10 17 10:57 PM

Watched the outside videos thanks to JPS (waiting for Promise you). Wicked Girls was surprisingly a lot better than I thought, but Bassline's video was pretty bad to me =\ Insane was pretty good too. It's hard to choose which one's my fave between Ultraviolet, Wicked Girls, and Insane (although probably the former two tbh). I do wish she had more innovative videos though, even WALK OF MY LIFE (as much as I disliked that album) had videos that were more interesting / not just studio dance shots. Wasn't she supposed to have a video she filmed with a super expensive camera or whatever?

Quote    Reply   

#1774 post_url

Mar 10 17 11:47 PM

Yeah, nice question. Saw nothing that looks recorded with a a super expensive camera on W FACE MVs.
And what about the 60th single? Since "Ultraviolet" was the preview at the end of BSC TOUR, what happens next? She gave up on "Ultraviolet"? Will we have the 60th single on a summer single now?

Quote    Reply   

#1775 post_url

Mar 11 17 12:49 AM

sora2522 wrote:
Watched the outside videos thanks to JPS (waiting for Promise you). Wicked Girls was surprisingly a lot better than I thought, but Bassline's video was pretty bad to me =\ Insane was pretty good too. It's hard to choose which one's my fave between Ultraviolet, Wicked Girls, and Insane (although probably the former two tbh). I do wish she had more innovative videos though, even WALK OF MY LIFE (as much as I disliked that album) had videos that were more interesting / not just studio dance shots. Wasn't she supposed to have a video she filmed with a super expensive camera or whatever?

and I wish she hadn't had any for these albums tbh. If you come up with such great music and then release this kind of videos is just a bad move from avex part and kuu herself, they do NOT do the songs justice. She could have been more innovative, so if they didnt have the budget they could have used unreleased footage like the Hawaii tour and put some WFace songs as background music or something like that. I think even the affection PVs are better than these XD I could imagine Wicked Girls being a Like it-colorful version- or having a doll concept like Shake Hip!, IDK. Thank God they didnt make a PV for Bangerang

Quote    Reply   

#1777 post_url

Mar 11 17 4:59 AM

Oh god, bassline music video is so cringey.
Wicked Girls looks fine and it has nice choreography, others are mess! 

Last Edited By: yeziirl Mar 11 17 5:03 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#1778 post_url

Mar 11 17 7:54 AM

^can I ask why? Besides Ultraviolet all of have a pretty high production value (if you don't count the off-snych lips in Wicked Girls and the fake looking har in BD. Just because a video is simple and focuses on the artist does not make it a "mess" and it actually goes pretty well with the whole concept of the double-album. That said, it works especially good with Insane and Bassline.

Quote    Reply   

RicH

#1779 post_url

Mar 11 17 8:30 AM

I'll be as benign as I just can as a Kuu fan, ...but even the HD doesn't justify these MVs.

Insane is the surprise for me, I really like it, but could've been better with some kind of red smoke at the background.
Wicked Girls is really cool, finally something colorful, but the music is something like Gwen Stefani's Hollaback Girl-demo.
Bassline tried to be classy, but ended up messy. Just like an empty jazz club after closing, I even can imagine Kuu singing only for the barman who's cleaning the tables and putting up the chairs.
BRIDGET SONG is natural, the song is nice, but I miss something.
Promise You only needed some extra cgi effects, like moving lights. Or every other Kuu reflection could move different. With some close-ups.
Ultraviolet from the second half isn't recommended for people who thend to have dizzyness or/and epilepsy. Needed more swag, and close-ups.

And for the albums:
Outside SLAYS; a good trendy album. W FACE, Insane, Heartless, Bangerang and Wicked Girls are my favs!!
Inside LAYS; I feel so many feels in Yorokobiwhatever, Sukideshite, Promise You, My Fun and On My Way. What's Up is my jam!!44! (shoutout to Poppin Love Cocktail!).

Songs are quality material (personal tastes; put them aside...). That's a fact. I think the budget went to the songs themselves, not into the PVs.
I love these new songs. Really. I suppose there are money issues at her kingdom, or she/her manegement wanted to save as much as they can.
I just don't know, why...

The albums like 10 / 8
The videos like 10 / 6 (but REALLY just because Insane and Wicked Girls)

Last Edited By: RicH Mar 11 17 8:38 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#1780 post_url

Mar 11 17 8:38 AM

^you know that HD is not the main-giving-factor of a good produced Movie/Film/etc., right? The shots in Insane are very well chosen, the overall cuts are good in most of those music-videos and the aesthetics are on point most of the time. No one never said they got replay-value, but I for once am very glad there is no tacky story-line in it that doesn't make sense either.

They are not the best things every made, but they are clearly not the worst either as everyone making them to be and all the complaints are just fans who want more and more and more. There are always things to change and criticize, even in the best products out there.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help