Remove this ad

#1721 post_url

Mar 8 17 12:41 AM

Puta do Pop wrote:
I can't stop playing the songs randomly
This album is topping my list at the moment

Lol your gif. 

Yeah I agree. I love this album so much and can't stop listening to "My Fun" such a Gem <3

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1724 post_url

Mar 8 17 2:18 AM

Awwww yeah, she's breaking out dem power ballad dance moves (arms outstretched, stepping side-to-side, slight body roll)
It makes sense that she's doing half of each song, but seeing her perform Ultraviolet makes me wish she performed it fully on its own once
(Speaking of, how did this song catch my ear so quickly I really wasn't super feeling it when it first came out wtf)

Quote    Reply   

#1726 post_url

Mar 8 17 4:07 AM

What kind of a Kumi fan can say that "inside" is bad? It's freaking gorgeous! There is so much happiness, so much love, so much warmth in it. I can totally see that this is an album made by a happy family woman who loves her husband and child. Even if it's on a safe side with nothing new in particular sound-wise, "Stand by you" and "Promise you" are instant Kumi classics to me.

On the other hand "outside" tries for some innovation, but ends up more on trend. Still I think WFACE is one of her boldest songs, I was completely floored when in came on. We are not worthy. The queen is back.

Quote    Reply   

#1727 post_url

Mar 8 17 4:26 AM

I think WFACE is one of her boldest songs, I was completely floored when in came on. We are not worthy. The queen is back.

Completely agree! W FACE is a masterpiece! 

Quote    Reply   

#1728 post_url

Mar 8 17 5:46 AM

I love Kumi's ballads and pop songs but stuff like Ai no kotoba, ai no uta, alive, walk of my life, my way, in the air, gimme u, good day, in the air, walk, Ai Wo Tomenaide or covers like swallowtail butterfly, Sayonara no mokugawa etc...is simply much better than anything on inside which sounds old and unimaginative. When you're such a prolific pop artist I expect a new sound or at least a new take on what you usually do and unfortunately "inside" doesn't provide such musical growth.

Last Edited By: Pillis Mar 8 17 6:30 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#1729 post_url

Mar 8 17 7:37 AM

Oricon Sales for the first day
Album
1 11,830 W Face ~Outside~
2 11,812 W Face ~Inside~

Hope they will stay steady for the rest of the week

In comparison, Walk of My Life first day was 30,912

Last Edited By: LiLo Mar 8 17 7:40 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#1730 post_url

Mar 8 17 7:48 AM

The more I keep listening to W FACE Album, the more  I think it will be my #1 ALBUM of kumi imagewell, if not #1  then #2  for sure. 
I'm so happy with this release <3   And all that is so unexpected cos i was very sceptical about it.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1731 post_url

Mar 8 17 11:29 AM

stand by you is by far the worst song she put out in a while - what' up with that tacky glitter sound all throughout the song? blurgh, first time I gotta say skip. But oh well, I love outside so much <3

Quote    Reply   

#1732 post_url

Mar 8 17 2:48 PM

ThinkingOutLoud89 wrote:
stand by you is by far the worst song she put out in a while - what' up with that tacky glitter sound all throughout the song? blurgh, first time I gotta say skip. But oh well, I love outside so much <3

Yeah I agree. I was hoping for good ballads but they're all pretty terrible. On my way is the only gem. Promise you is cute but a simple pop ballad with a basic production. Imagine if outside had 2-3 more songs? Now that would be a masterpiece. But I know she has to please every fan as she's doing so many different things throughout her career so whatever.

Quote    Reply   

#1733 post_url

Mar 8 17 5:58 PM

The problem with ~inside~ is the middle part (well, almost the whole album tbh). Lots of songs in a row which sound alike. Typical Kuu ballads with same arrangement and structure, and that drags a lot. I can only save the last three songs, which are indeed fantastic. "What's Up" is like her best fun pop-rock song ever (screw you, Poppin' Love Cocktail). "Promise you" is very beautiful and she definitely needs to release more stuff like that. And I love "My fun" for being very unique on her catalogue (and the kid is cute af).

On the other hand, ~outside~ is fucking awesome. It basically fails in the order of songs, but that's nothing new coming from Kuu lol. Couldn't pick my favs cuz they are a lot haha

Quote    Reply   

#1734 post_url

Mar 8 17 6:11 PM

ARUTO wrote:
The problem with ~inside~ is the middle part (well, almost the whole album tbh). Lots of songs in a row which sound alike. Typical Kuu ballads with same arrangement and structure, and that drags a lot. I can only save the last three songs, which are indeed fantastic. "What's Up" is like her best fun pop-rock song ever (screw you, Poppin' Love Cocktail). "Promise you" is very beautiful and she definitely needs to release more stuff like that. And I love "My fun" for being very unique on her catalogue (and the kid is cute af).

On the other hand, ~outside~ is fucking awesome. It basically fails in the order of songs, but that's nothing new coming from Kuu lol. Couldn't pick my favs cuz they are a lot haha

Yess, the tracklist order on her albums is usually a mess, I already changed outside like this:

01 Shhh
02 Bangerang
03 Wicked Girls
04 Bassline 
05 W FACE
06 Ultraviolet 
07 Insane 
08 Damn Real 
09 Heartless 

Got rid of that awful Cupcake, pretty bad filler. And I also think What's up is probably her best cheerful pop-rock song, having said that, it's still a basic pop-rock song. Promise you has a very nice pre-chorus and chorus but the production is too basic, I prefer the classy on my way which has this nice bluesy guitar solo that makes it so good.

Quote    Reply   

#1735 post_url

Mar 8 17 6:17 PM

^ Hey, "W FACE" is perfect as opening track! haha. "Shhh" sounds a bit off in this album to me. I could live without that track here lol

"On my way" is just same old, same old. Nice track to be played while you're doing other stuff but not that great to sit and to listen to.

Quote    Reply   

#1736 post_url

Mar 8 17 6:31 PM

I seriously think Bassline is my fav... wow did not expect that... Still aint got time to listen to Inside tho lmao aint ready to sleep already

Quote    Reply   

#1737 post_url

Mar 8 17 7:02 PM

ARUTO wrote:
^ Hey, "W FACE" is perfect as opening track! haha. "Shhh" sounds a bit off in this album to me. I could live without that track here lol

"On my way" is just same old, same old. Nice track to be played while you're doing other stuff but not that great to sit and to listen to.

w face is a great opener indeed but I think the more retro-pop songs feel nicer at the beginning while the second part I prefer it to sound more urban and darker closing with the ballad. Then Shhh sounds great as an opener too and it fits nicely along with bangerang, wicked girls and bassline which all have these retro/pop/urban sound.

Regarding on my way I have to disagree, her interpretation is something new for her catalogue, she usually tends to oversing the chorus and the bridge so I think this understated ballad is lovely and definitely welcomed inside (pun inteded) Kumi's ballads Olympus.

Last Edited By: Pillis Mar 8 17 7:23 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#1738 post_url

Mar 8 17 11:23 PM

ARUTO wrote:
"Shhh" sounds a bit off in this album to me. I could live without that track here lol
I actually think it fits really well where it is lolol. Bassline > Shhh! > Bangarang > Wicked Girls all have that brass-intensive sound, so it felt kinda perfect putting them altogether there

I think Yorokobi no Kakera is my fave of inside, followed by On my way and maybe Promise You (the latter probably just needs some more listening). I can't stop listening to Ultraviolet though someone help me

Quote    Reply   

#1739 post_url

Mar 9 17 12:36 AM

To me

Bassline > Bangerang > Insane > W FACE > Damn real

I love them all tho. Best album to date! It's so fresh and up to date. She did a great job here. I have no complaints but the choices for MVs. I think I'd be okay if she had only 3 mvs but better executed. I'd take only 1 MV if she had one with the budget as high as K-flop mvs. My mind is poppin with ideas for Bangerang, just imagining.

Quote    Reply   

#1740 post_url

Mar 9 17 3:27 AM

I love both Inside and Outside.. but, yeah Outside >>>>> Inside, Listen the outside make me feels like in heaven lol.. I'm suppaaa curious with Stand by you lyric translation, really want to know what is it about, thats song make me cried when I listening it at 1st time, 2nd time, 3rd time and so on T_T

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help