Remove this ad

#1601 post_url

Feb 25 17 6:40 PM

To be honest, most of the songs i've heard from W-FACE are long growers, u need to listen to it dozen of times so you like it... ( which is sad )  
Really tired of forcing myself to like something but.. well... guess i have no choice since it's kuu. i shouild like it anyways.  
The only songs I really enjoyed  is Insane , Bangerang and on my way... Ultraviolet was also an OK when i listened to a teaser for the first time,  but after hearing the full song... it's a bit dated and repetitive.
 Think I'm now more into -Inside-  rather than -outside-, and i thought i was going to like outside more lol... 
Well, it's too early to judge but i got a feeling that  this might be her weakest release.

Last Edited By: Ginko Feb 25 17 6:45 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1602 post_url

Feb 25 17 9:29 PM

I kinda follow Kumi from the shadows, I was completely gripped to WOML, thought it was an awesome album, grabbed me from the onset

But w face..... I hate it, all the PV's look terrible, and the songs are all pretty ...meh
Kinda sucks too since I was looking forward to it

Quote    Reply   

#1603 post_url

Feb 25 17 11:43 PM

Ok this is getting extremely annoying.
How can you say two 10 track albums are bad when we only have 8 songs in full, 3 of them Live Versions

Last Edited By: Puta do Pop Feb 25 17 11:46 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#1605 post_url

Feb 26 17 3:02 AM

Yeah... some things never change. As far as I remember the previous album was also bad and hated by the majority even before it was out. Now surprsingly it seems it is loved and appreciated (just like Bon Voyage was at the time WOML was going to be released.. and from what I read it was also a very bad album just based on the short previews alone)
So far so good. I am pleased with everything I have heard so far. Ultraviolet is better than I expected from the preview (actually the chorus part is my least favorite, I absolutely love all the background vocals in the verses, her rapping, "prapapa prapapa" and "chit chit chit chat chit chit chit chat chat" or whatever she is saying during those parts, it is very cool and makes the song even more interesting... and the pre-chorus is gold... I would never call the song boring or repetitive, if only it might appear to be a bit messy at first listen).
I find myself appreciating this kind of songs where there is no instant love, but where it takes me some time to get into it. Sometimes when I like it right away it usually reminds me of something else, so it is rather basic, after some time I overplay it and can not listen to it anymore.

So far we only heard 3 songs in full from outside, 1 only live (Cupcake, Ultraviolet, Shhh) and all of them are amazing to me. I am VERY excited to hear W-FACE, Insane, Bassline, Heartless and Bangerang. All the previews for those songs are good, but too short to judge yet. If the rest parts of those songs are even better... I am in heaven.

So far we only heard 5 songs in full from inside, 2 only live (Bring it on, Promise you, Kimi omoi, On my way, Bridget song) Promise you and On My Way are this kind of songs I have missed from Kuu. We yet have no idea how My fun, What's up and Stand by you sound with the vocals (we actually have no idea what kind of song My fun is) and the rest two are only short previews. From this version of the album I am only not really fond of Yorokobi no kakera, sounds flat and boring to me, but lets wait until we hear the rest. My opinion might change.

Quote    Reply   

#1606 post_url

Feb 26 17 3:25 AM

Yeah...

Ginko wrote:

Really tired of forcing myself to like something but.. well... guess i have no choice since it's kuu. i shouild like it anyways.

This is fucking ridiculous. Why would you torture yourself so much? If you don't like something, then you don't. It's fine to have preferences. Of course in time you might find some songs a lot more pleasant, but not with this kind of mentality, when you force yourself.

I knew from the start that this release was going to be very polarizing. I mean, we have to distinctive albums as there are already and I'm was sure from the start that the 2 main arguements would be "outside is cheap produced and too westernized" and "inside is boring".

Quote    Reply   

#1607 post_url

Feb 26 17 10:33 AM

^ All true guys.

it's just like when ppl complain that an artist/record label is milkin' their fans by releasing multiple album versions? like... you don't have to buy any AT ALL!. of course we all can see when it's an obvious attempt of milkin' *cough cough ayumi all the time cough cough* but even that's debatable. In the end yes it's your choice to decide what to do, but i think is troublesome that you already HATE something without even experienced it first. Unless you trolls... so...

Quote    Reply   

#1608 post_url

Feb 26 17 11:45 AM

With every Kuu release is the same old story. People saying its her worst release, hating it etc judging it to be garbage before its even out but one year later is all love, nothing new

None of her albums are complete trash, I find a few of them to be a mix of AMAZING songs with mediocre ones.

It will be hard for her to top Kingdom, JAPONESQUE and secret imo

Quote    Reply   

#1609 post_url

Feb 26 17 3:47 PM

Puta do Pop wrote:
How can you say two 10 track albums are bad when we only have 8 songs in full, 3 of them Live Versions

If you use common sense, you'd understand when someones refers to 'W Face' in a comment now, they're obviously talking about all the songs, music, and covers we have. Its not hard.

You wouldn't have said ''How can you say W FACE is good when we only have 8 songs in full, 3 of them Live Versions'' if someone had posted 'OMG W FACE IS SO GOOD!!' 
Are you expecting someone who is giving an overall quick forum post opinion on something to list name by name everything we have so far instead of just saying 'W Face' 

Quote    Reply   

#1610 post_url

Feb 26 17 4:34 PM

Let people love and let people hate, just enjoy the ride.

As Lucas said, next album everybody will be praising this release.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1611 post_url

Feb 26 17 5:09 PM

Skarsgard wrote:

Puta do Pop wrote:

If you use common sense, you'd understand when someones refers to 'W Face' in a comment now, they're obviously talking about all the songs, music, and covers we have. Its not hard.

You wouldn't have said ''How can you say W FACE is good when we only have 8 songs in full, 3 of them Live Versions'' if someone had posted 'OMG W FACE IS SO GOOD!!' 
Are you expecting someone who is giving an overall quick forum post opinion on something to list name by name everything we have so far instead of just saying 'W Face' 

when you say W FACE, you're talking about the whole project. As you can see by others reaction I wasn't the only one thinking you were talking about the whole album.
How can you predict me? I'm not bey
Quit excuses.

Quote    Reply   

#1612 post_url

Feb 26 17 6:24 PM

I never said I hate the upcoming album,I dunno why you instantly think that i do? If i don't like some songs doesn't really mean i hate it, 'Hate' is a really strong word. >..<
i'm just a bit disappointed in ' -Outside- ' part image  probably had my hopes up too high for this side of the album  but still,  i'm pretty patient and i know she will not let down eventually...  there's still  W-FACE , Insane, Heartless, Bangerang and Bassline which i'm still excited! so yeah...
Every ballad i've heard from WFACE -inside- are really great!  so there's nothing really to bite here.
Yeah, most of the people hated WOML   >.< but i think it's one of her best yet. well, at least to me. it's in my top 3 of her best  albums.

Quote    Reply   

#1613 post_url

Feb 27 17 12:56 AM

"On My Way" is so beautiful <3. This entire project was worth it for that one song. I also enjoyed the previews for "Cupcake", "Insane", and "Yorokobi no Kakera."

Quote    Reply   

RicH

#1614 post_url

Feb 27 17 2:15 AM

For me, until this point; slow/midtempo songs > upbeat songs.
Surprised how amazing 'On My Way' is... it is really mellow and melancholic, I absolutely love it!
BRIDGET SONG is really nice and mature, too.

I just noticed her new outside songs like around 3 minutes long, days are gone for 4 minutes dance songs sadly (;_; )
(still jammin' to MONEY IN MY BAG, 2:35 minutes of swag my life)

Quote    Reply   

#1616 post_url

Feb 27 17 9:22 AM

Hope they do a proper mix this time. I think the last 2 was too much noise and wasnt really a good remix album Though I do love the VIP and Bling3x remixes, those were hot! W Face wise, I have complete faith! I really love Bridget Song, that song alone is worth the 2 years wait Cant wait to hear Insane in full too! So far I like what I am hearing. Still tuning to WOML these days, its her best album IMO. Hope W Face can top that!

Quote    Reply   

#1617 post_url

Feb 27 17 6:31 PM

So far, ~inside~ sounds like an album to throw all her typical ballads. And sadly, in this case "typical" means generic to me. I wish there's something like "Believe", "MORE" or "No way" here, which are truly unique and special in her catalogue, and not just a bunch of songs to please Japanese audience.

Quote    Reply   

#1618 post_url

Feb 28 17 1:52 AM

Oh god, who could've thought there would be another Driving Hit's! I think I liked only the first two, the others were just out there.

Quote    Reply   

#1620 post_url

Feb 28 17 1:37 PM

Kumi made interview for M-ON and in second part you can hear new WFACE preview at 2:30. IT'S F***ING LIT!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help