Remove this ad

#1301 post_url

Jan 10 17 8:07 PM

The older songs I would most like to hear again are PLEASE SMILE AGAIN, I HAVE NEVER SEEN, and SOMETHING 'BOUT THE KISS, because it's been a long time and her vocals are way better than they were the last times she performed them. SO CRAZY, Put 'Em Up, and Violet Sauce would be nice to see again, as well.

But overall I'm glad she generally sticks with performing her newest music. It shows she's still vital and fresh, and overall I enjoy her new music at least as much as the old stuff, and I look forward to seeing what she does with it live.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1302 post_url

Jan 10 17 8:07 PM

Hmm. Does she say "strike a pose" in "Photogenic" or "Fashionista"? I'm not sure at all. It feels like something she'd have sung already but at the same time I can't recall.

Quote    Reply   

#1303 post_url

Jan 10 17 9:58 PM

DeepFried wrote:
Hmm. Does she say "strike a pose" in "Photogenic" or "Fashionista"? I'm not sure at all. It feels like something she'd have sung already but at the same time I can't recall.

Photogenic: "One, two, strike a pose."

Quote    Reply   

#1304 post_url

Jan 15 17 8:25 AM

Apparently, the two Live Style 2016-2017 shows in Nagoya yesterday and today were filmed, in addition to the already filmed Dec 15 & 16 shows in Tokyo...

Quote    Reply   

#1305 post_url

Jan 15 17 3:13 PM

Uhplus wrote:
Apparently, the two Live Style 2016-2017 shows in Nagoya yesterday and today were filmed, in addition to the already filmed Dec 15 & 16 shows in Tokyo...

Nice, this probably means we'll be able to get Christmas Wish and Space Invader as bonus tracks.

Quote    Reply   

#1308 post_url

Jan 19 17 8:25 AM

It sounds awesome.

Everytime this thread is bumped and I open it, I pray i'm going to see an album announcement ugh
Wonder if we'll get another single beforehand though

Anyway, hopefully we get something in feb

Last Edited By: Skarsgard Jan 20 17 12:15 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#1309 post_url

Jan 19 17 2:37 PM

Old news: Chinese singer 刘美麟 also released Chrismas Wish (on Dec 2016), it's not a cover, she recorded it one year ago according a chinese performing rights organization... So Namie had just bought the copyright noly for the Japan territors?
[url=

Quote    Reply   

#1310 post_url

Jan 20 17 6:39 AM

Well that's new news to me.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

NATE

JPC Admin

#1314 post_url

Jan 24 17 3:56 AM

TABOO wrote:
Old news: Chinese singer 刘美麟 also released Chrismas Wish (on Dec 2016), it's not a cover, she recorded it one year ago according a chinese performing rights organization... So Namie had just bought the copyright noly for the Japan territors?
[url=

Who are the songwriters listed on this version? EMYLI, a frequent collaborator for Namie, is a co-writer on her version which is odd to me since I'm sure the demo was in English. Maybe she made it Christmassy. It's possible Namie recorded awhile ago too since she is known to sit on songs long before she releases them. It probably explains why Christmas Wish was just a throwaway track too.

Quote    Reply   

#1315 post_url

Jan 24 17 10:19 PM

NATE wrote:

TABOO wrote:

Who are the songwriters listed on this version? EMYLI, a frequent collaborator for Namie, is a co-writer on her version which is odd to me since I'm sure the demo was in English. Maybe she made it Christmassy. It's possible Namie recorded awhile ago too since she is known to sit on songs long before she releases them. It probably explains why Christmas Wish was just a throwaway track too.

I'm looking at some Chinese sites, and they only list Maria Marcus as the composer. http://baike.baidu.com/subview/779384/21004471.htm
So unless the sites are wrong, you're probably right that EMYLI and Niclas Lundin made it Christmassy. I'm assuming at this point that "Lucky Star" was the name of the demo since the line comes up in Namie's version, too.

Quote    Reply   

#1316 post_url

Jan 25 17 1:21 AM

Does it list EMYLI as a musical composer specifically or as just a writer? I know in the Western world they don't separate lyrics and music like they do in Japan, so if it just says writer maybe she just wrote the lyrics or something. But knowing J-Pop I'm assuming it says music writer?

Quote    Reply   

#1317 post_url

Jan 25 17 2:11 AM

^ As far as I know the listing is "Maria Marcus, Niclas Lundin, Emyli" for both "lyrics" and "music". It's a pretty common thing when the Japanese lyrics websites do this, listing the same people for both the writers and the producers. Which is kinda lazy in my opinion. It was the same with most of Kumi's tracks on TRICK, where she was listed as a co-producer for several tracks, where in reality she wasn't, because when the demo of JUST THE WAY YOU ARE surfaced it sounded identical to her version.

Quote    Reply   

#1319 post_url

Jan 25 17 7:52 PM

@evilsin Kumi is listed as co-produced on This Is Not a Love Song and Bling Bling Bling, and the first one is really different from the original. But I know what you're saying.

Both songs from Maria Marcus are registered:

Lucky Lucky Star
https://mobile.ascap.com/aceclient/AceWeb/#ace/search/workID/891023573

Christmas Wish
https://mobile.ascap.com/aceclient/AceWeb/#ace/search/workID/891373634

But only Christmas Wish has EMYLI there. Could EMYLI be more of an executive producer rather than composer?

Quote    Reply   

#1320 post_url

Jan 25 17 8:40 PM

Kaled Kalil wrote:
Kumi is listed as co-produced on This Is Not a Love Song and Bling Bling Bling, and the first one is really different from the original. But I know what you're saying.

@Kaled Kalil I am curious about the demo verison of This Is Not a Love Song, do you know where can I find it? Thanks in advance!

Last Edited By: TABOO Jan 25 17 8:50 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help