Remove this ad

#1321 post_url

Oct 3 16 12:47 AM

I felt like w/ Fantôme, Hikki's really incorporated all the facets of her musical persona into one.  She's experimented w/ controversial themes in her english songs (like Hotel Lobby & Tippy Toe). However, it seems Hikki's finally at a place where she feels like she can do controversial adult theme on her japanese album (Ore no Kanojo & Tomodachi).  I also agree w/ luciasilvermoon that songs like Sakura Nagashi, Arashi no Megami & her cover of Hymne à l'amour are like an eerie forshadowing of Fantôme. My fav tracks Boukyaku, Manatsu no Tooriame, Nijikan Dake no Vacance, & Michi. I would include Sakura Nagashi but it feels more like a bonus track on this album (even though the subject matter fits).

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1322 post_url

Oct 3 16 3:22 AM

Speaking of the general Hikki sound I would say she has very few truly upbeat songs, she tends to cling to mid-tempos. I mean even songs like "traveling" are more on the mellow side than upbeat, but it's surely not a ballad. And I wouldn't say that this album lacks signiture Hikki style, because it doesn't, although I would say that half of the songs do sound much more traditional and kinda old school JPop.

Quote    Reply   

#1323 post_url

Oct 3 16 6:36 AM

1. Utada Hikaru - Fantome - x + 87,088 + 49,728 + 27,782 + 25,038 + 28,899 + 32,065 = 250,600
2. EXILE - EXTREME BEST - 79,271 + 41,258 + 18,053 + 10,688 + 8,345 + 8,175 + 10,421 = 176,211

Quote    Reply   

#1326 post_url

Oct 3 16 10:38 PM

Dang, its first week actually outsold UHSC Vol. 2. I'm impressed. I was wrong to be worried about her sales when her album was first announced. I'm glad it's doing very well. The album was worth the wait IMO.

Quote    Reply   

#1327 post_url

Oct 3 16 11:55 PM

luminaire wrote:
Regarding "boukyaku featuring KOHH」
A friend exposed me to KOHH's work some time back, and I became a fan. Originally, I was going to make this track an instrumental, but when my director suggested including a rap part in it, I told him, "There's this rapper, KOHH", and everyone was all "Oh he sounds great!" and excited. When I made him the offer, it became clear that we were fans of each other, and that was how he became involved with this track.
I first did up my own part, and he completed his over a few days in his own words while I expressed to him my thoughts and opinions on "forgetting" and "memories. 
It's the first time someone else's lyrics are featured in my work, so I wondered how it would turn out, but it ended up just fine in the end. I like long rap parts, so I got him to rap for an entire minute from the start of the song, all while clarifying things with each other like "Like this?" and "Yeah, that sounds right". 
The last organ bit was his idea; to me, it has this image of ascending to the heavens, so it's like a requiem?
Thinking about how to live is equivalent to thinking about how to die, so I thought about where I was heading while looking back on my life thus far. Everything is summed up in the last line, "When it's my time to go, being empty-handed is best".
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN that's actually surprising (in a good way). Love that she's branching out a bit in this way. Looove the interview bits we're getting too, thanks luminaire!

Puta do Pop wrote:
selling almost same as the single collection

Crying @ dat gif omg

Quote    Reply   

#1330 post_url

Oct 4 16 3:03 AM

I wonder if the label decides to re-release it later as a deluxe edition like with extra songs and a DVD, considering how good it's doing. And knowing that she won't do a tour because of her baby the chances are pretty high for something like this.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1331 post_url

Oct 4 16 8:32 AM

They never did it besides the special First Love edition, so I doubt it.

Does anybody know when are Billboard charts updated? I think she'll chart in top 200 this week.

Quote    Reply   

#1332 post_url

Oct 4 16 9:11 AM

Plus her kid's more than a year old now - he's definitely old enough to travel with her if she does embark on a nation-wide tour. Or she could just do like what she did with "Hikaru no 5" and "WILD LIFE" and hold a few concerts at the same venue over a few days.

Quote    Reply   

#1334 post_url

Oct 4 16 1:35 PM

Hikki still queen and I'm glad she's back but I don't like this album either. Everywhere else has been praising this album so I thought I was the only one that didn't like it and found it on the boring side. Michi and Nijikan Dake no Vacance are alright though.

Quote    Reply   

#1335 post_url

Oct 4 16 7:52 PM

Plisskin wrote:
Hikki still queen and I'm glad she's back but I don't like this album either. Everywhere else has been praising this album so I thought I was the only one that didn't like it and found it on the boring side. Michi and Nijikan Dake no Vacance are alright though.
You're not alone I am so glad she's back but this album just isn't my cup of tea. It's just already expected because of A) Her popularity B) Her long hiatus C) The big hype, that she will sell well (regardless of whether people like the album or not) so my question is I don't know why anyone is surprised about that lol. If this were an album by any other artist, I doubt it would even touch the top ten, but its Utada so you know, that changes things lol but you do you girl

Quote    Reply   

#1340 post_url

Oct 6 16 4:40 PM

raito7 wrote:
Fantôme is #64 in France this week.

http://www.snepmusique.com/tops-semaine/top-albums-telecharges/

She's #64 on the albums downloads only chart, not the main albums chart, it's quite not the same thing.

She managed to do that with only 2 days of being on sales though.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help