Remove this ad

#1121 post_url

Jul 8 16 5:56 AM

skylight wrote:
I love that she's still doing 1 version only. Makes it all about the music.

LOL. Like they won't release SINGLE CLIP COLLECTION VOL.5 UH5+++ down the line.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1122 post_url

Jul 8 16 8:38 AM

evilsin wrote:
skylight wrote:
I love that she's still doing 1 version only. Makes it all about the music.

LOL. Like they won't release SINGLE CLIP COLLECTION VOL.5 UH5+++ down the line.
And what is wrong with releasing a DVD of music videos??? She's not inflating album sales like other artists that we know of. LOL. 

Quote    Reply   

#1123 post_url

Jul 10 16 4:21 AM

skylight wrote:
And what is wrong with releasing a DVD of music videos??? She's not inflating album sales like other artists that we know of. LOL. 

Your first point was that it was all about the music, but clearly releasing a DVD is going to bring them some nice income without much hassle. And considering that only hardcore fans buy all versions of the album the inflation isn't that big.

Quote    Reply   

#1124 post_url

Jul 12 16 10:09 AM

evilsin wrote:
skylight wrote:

Your first point was that it was all about the music, but clearly releasing a DVD is going to bring them some nice income without much hassle. And considering that only hardcore fans buy all versions of the album the inflation isn't that big.

It's not about the profit. Releasing CD & CD+DVD will affect charting position since we know hardcore fans will get both versions. Releasing CD only shows that She doesn't care (that much) about chart and that's a rare occasion in Japanese market. So far up to Deep River, her gimmick was only picture disc for the first press edition of the albums and again with UHSCV2 (DVD and Kuma-charm). Ultra Blue and Heart Station did not come with anything special (some stores provide free poster if you pre-order, i think). Hopefully they're smart enough not to make it available via legal download before the CD release like they did with TITO.   smiley: roll

I'm crossing my fingers for that KH3 and EVA movie tie-ins. Her Dad seems to ignore all of the questions regarding this on twitter.   smiley: laugh

edit: Today on IG she said it's the last day of vocal recording.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHwzY15jw2t/?taken-by=kuma_power

Last Edited By: dorama Jul 12 16 10:11 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#1127 post_url

Jul 15 16 8:06 AM

luminaire wrote:
^ "ULTRA BLUE" had a picture label disc as a first press bonus.

Really? I thought all copies of Ultra Blue comes with picture disc, even the overseas versions. I have 3 or 4 copies and all of them are the same except of the thickness of the case.

Quote    Reply   

#1130 post_url

Jul 20 16 7:33 PM

^ her description is actually really open-ended lol... i already expect to be mind-blown but that answer didn't suggest by what degree

i was hoping she would at least release a shmcd version of the new album or something tangible with Hi-res audio files like a usb after the release of the kuma singles collection usb. Im pretty sure she'll have her album available for download digitally in Hi-res, but something tangible would be nice. Usher in a new era where CDs are only SHMCDs, similar to how Blu-rays seem to be more and more becoming the norm now over DVDs with 4K Ultra HD as the "new" Blu-ray.

That being said, I have to admit Hi-res is a gimmick too, a good one though imo - no one can really forfeit the "best" quality if it's "affordable", but most importantly these days, if it's "available".

I wonder if she actually has any full English songs in her new album with that announcement back then of her "two identities - Utada and Hikaru Utada" merging into one contract. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1134 post_url

Jul 28 16 8:57 PM

She's never had a title as slang as 'U'. The most informal would be Wonder 'Bout or Poppin'.
I get it...but that kind of title smells of desperation to be trendy and capitalize on her name, which does not seem to be her style. Albums with titles like "Talk to U" and stuff like that really turn off my interest.
"This is the One" was a desperate enough title. I hope she doesn't feel the need to explore that route any further. She doesn't need to.

Quote    Reply   

#1135 post_url

Jul 28 16 9:44 PM

I don't think it was supposed to be slang U (you) moreso U(tada). But even so, especially after looking at the source (which seems like sassy gay blogger), I'm preeeetty sure that's not the actual album title lolol

Quote    Reply   

#1137 post_url

Aug 8 16 11:11 AM

New album Fantôme

■TRACK LIST

1: Michi
2: Ore No Kanojo
3:Hanataba Wo Kimini
4: Nijikan Dake No Vacance
5: Ningyo
6: Tomodachi
7: Manatsu No Tooriame