Remove this ad

#1061 post_url

Apr 4 16 2:19 PM

For an Asadora fits better a warm song like Hanataba wa Kimi ni. It's a family dorama, so it doesn't need to be that experimental. But for Manatsu no Tooriame we hear more experimental and more Hikki.

I like both songs they way they are. It's good to have Hikki back

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1062 post_url

Apr 4 16 3:38 PM

Hanabata wa Kimi ni kind of makes me think of new love, which is kind of fitting considering the marriage and child. I can totally see this song as a comeback due to those circumstances. Manatsu no Tooriame makes me feel like it's gonna go off after the part that we hear though, similar to Show Me Love (where it starts off softer and then goes into full-on band), or even like Arashi no Megami where the instrumentation just gets fuller. Either way, AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Quote    Reply   

#1063 post_url

Apr 4 16 4:13 PM

Both songs lyrics are inspired by her mother death, but they're amazing. I guess this album will have an acoustic feeling in overrall.

I'm curious how the new MVs will be, but I'm guessing it won't be too different from her old stuff.

Quote    Reply   

#1065 post_url

Apr 4 16 5:31 PM

Does anyone know Dareka No Negai is about? I read the lyrics but the translation is a bit WTF, I still don't know. The melody and vocals and song are so beautiful and sad.

Quote    Reply   

#1067 post_url

Apr 5 16 5:23 PM

denadel wrote:
^Posting this translation: http://www.megchan.com/lyrics/index.php?title=Utada_Hikaru/Dareka_no_Negai_ga_Kanau_KoroMaybe you read another one which wasn't as good?

It's a better translation! I still have no idea how to interpretate this song though haha.

I thought it was about, like, a girl wishing someone loves her, but that wish coming true means another girl who is in love with the guy is sad.
But now I really doubt that. XD

Quote    Reply   

#1068 post_url

Apr 5 16 5:27 PM

I don't think it has to do with another girl, but more the fact that she wants to make her lover happy, even if it's at the expense of her happiness. On another note, she also wants to be the ONLY thing that makes him happy

Quote    Reply   

#1069 post_url

Apr 5 16 6:04 PM

sora2522 wrote:
I don't think it has to do with another girl, but more the fact that she wants to make her lover happy, even if it's at the expense of her happiness. On another note, she also wants to be the ONLY thing that makes him happy

Oooh, thank you! Are all her lyrics so vague and omconspicuous? Haha

Quote    Reply   

#1070 post_url

Apr 5 16 6:23 PM

Tbh I'm not 100% sure. I'm really bad when it comes to reading translated lyrics ahaha. But I can imagine Hikki's more poetic when it comes to her songs

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1071 post_url

Apr 6 16 6:41 PM

luciasilvermoon wrote:
sora2522 wrote:

Oooh, thank you! Are all her lyrics so vague and omconspicuous? Haha
It makes more sense if you watch the movie [CASSHERN] beforehand. The same way Be My Last or Beautiful World made sense if you watch the movies they were written for.

The MV for dareka also alludes to the story. I believe the song is sung from the point of view of a father to his son, not between lovers. When she sings "ano ko ga naiteruyo" she refers to a child, not a girl. The kanji ko '子' can be used for 'a girl' or just 'a child' in general. I think that's the poetic part of the lyrics.

Quote    Reply   

#1072 post_url

Apr 7 16 1:55 AM

I had a feeling it had some connection to the movie, since when I was reading through the translation I kept thinking of the plotline for it. I had no idea Be My Last had a movie tie-in though

The MV for Dareka makes sense too, since that was also directed by Kiriya. I'm unsurprised he tried to make the video fit the lyrics

Quote    Reply   

#1073 post_url

Apr 7 16 7:15 PM

According with Panasonic, both MVs were shot in 4k.

The two programs that used Utada Hikaru's new music as their theme songs experienced high ratings as a result of the tie-ins.

On April 4, the NHK morning drama "Toto Nee-chan" debuted and used "Hanataba wo Kimi ni" as its theme song. The program had a 22.6% rating, meaning that percentage of households tuned in for the broadcast.

The drama's ratings were the highest ratings for a morning drama since 2001. The only morning drama to ever have higher ratings was "Honmamon" in 2001 with a 23.1% rating.

Later that evening, the NTV news program "NEWS ZERO" used "Manatsu no Tooriame" as its theme song. The show had its highest ratings of the year for that broadcast.

Source: Jpopasia

Quote    Reply   

#1074 post_url

Apr 8 16 12:33 PM

I have very low expectations for the PVs. I half expected them to be animated, but since this revelation that they were 'filmed' I have upped my expectations to 4 minutes of Hikki wandering around a park.

Quote    Reply   

#1077 post_url

Apr 11 16 3:06 PM

Someone better get these previews to me stat cus I'm old now and do not have the time to spend scouring the internet for this....Hiiiii

Quote    Reply   

#1080 post_url

Apr 14 16 1:08 PM

I'm kinda disappointed with how her team is handling this release, but I'm happy that the day is finally here! Downloading from iTunes Japan right now!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help