Remove this ad

#441 post_url

Oct 2 15 10:50 PM

time is back.to reform Namie Amuro with Super Monkeys lol

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#443 post_url

Oct 2 15 11:06 PM

I think another reason she's doing another collaboration album in 2016 is because of her 25th anniversary concert in 2017. Remember those artists who were in her checkmate album? They were supposed to be invited as guests for her 20th anniversary concert.

Quote    Reply   

#444 post_url

Oct 3 15 12:17 AM

NATE wrote:
A duet is a type of collaboration. A collaboration is any kind of working situation where separate entities contribute to a project. It can be equal or someone else can give more. It's not an either/or thing. "#1," "UNUSUAL," "BLACK DIAMOND," "FAKE," "Grotesque," etc. These are all equally shared, some of them are hers, some are the other artists. They're all duets and they are all collaborations. There's no difference.

At their cores, Namie and MAX are still the same kind of artists they were when they debuted. I don't know what drastic changes you're talking about. At the moment, they're even both recording European produced dance music. Like... Anyway, unlike many of Namie's past collaborators, MAX, are in fact her friends, people she has spent time with outside of the entertainment business even after they split. They have done more than just work together. For the last time, if they decide to work together through this voting thing it will be done through themselves. No one will be forced to work with anyone for the fans. I don't know what your thought process is, but you make it sounds like because the idea didn't come up organically or that it was a suggestion that it shouldn't be done. In reality, a ton of Namie's collaborations are ones that she was invited to do. She was not interested until she was asked. This would be no different and no less special.

You said they would have equal parts "A collaboration would indicate they'd have equal parts btw." So, I said a collab =/= equal parts, like duets & such do. Yes, a Duet is a "collab" but it's a specific type. I think it's clear I know what the words mean when I said an Utada Collab could be her just writing or producing...There is a difference, as a Collab isn't always a Duet, or Quartet in this case. This is being asked for, FOR Namie, not "What's the next Avex Project". So she's automatically lead, anyone chosen is a feature.

You're misunderstanding everything...O.o
Though I will say they're different now. MAX is way more Pop, Euro, Techno, EDM, etc. They haven't changed drastically, just variations & extensions. Namie has changed quite a bit from them & her older stuff. I NEVER said it couldn't work, I said considering the factors it's better if they do it on their own. Reunions are best when genuine. O.o That's when they really have fun.♡ This doesn't mean it will fall.

Also, mainly the recent collabs (Guetta, Zedd, etc) have been invites. She met TLC in the past & worked w/ them for her album once, then for HoM pv & Waterfalls. She's clearly friends w/ AI, Verbal, etc to say "not interested". Those were genuine and all. +They DIDN'T HAVE VF ISSUES. None of these were fan picked nor were they Reunions.

Last Edited By: Kataclysm03 Oct 3 15 12:49 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#445 post_url

Oct 3 15 12:45 AM

Why is it a deal if I feel Anniversary & Reunion stuff work best when they happen naturally? Or that I think VF will be an issue? I agree one would be nice. I ♡ that stuff!^^ I just think they have a major roadblock, Vision Factory, which will be extra pressure on top of "Reunion", styles, fans, etc. With a Milestone Anniversary coming up they may do something anyway or as soon as VF allows it. I blasted Madonna & Janet as EgoTrips +Clearly said I don't see her collaborating w/ either despite similarities. I'm not dissing MAX...I wouldn't even want to.😞

No Sister Rabbits! 😂

Last Edited By: Kataclysm03 Oct 3 15 2:42 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

NATE

JPC Admin

#446 post_url

Oct 3 15 2:11 AM

MAX is way more Pop, Euro, Techno, EDM, etc.

Um... this is basically _genic without the Techno, which MAX isn't doing right now either. Any suggestion that MAX and Namie would work together comes with the assumption that if it were to happen RP would clear it. Otherwise, no one would bring them up. I don't think anyone is that delusional.

I didn't read your blurb on Utada, so oops on me. Nonetheless, I believe if Namie works with them it'll be more or less equal since almost all of Namie's collaborations are like that. But anything is possible.

Clearly for you it is a personal stance, but I don't care how it happens. It would be just one song, not like they'd be getting back together. And who knows, maybe Namie already has plans with them since they're active now unlike last time when "Checkmate" came out.

Quote    Reply   

#447 post_url

Oct 3 15 3:21 AM

1.Opposite sides of Pop & EDM (like Ayu), esp their new stuff which is what I said I couldn't see. I even said I could see it with their older stuff & Are You Ready.😛I also mentioned different collab types aside from the Utada one

2.It's not "personal" I just said the factors are off right now. I'm not the only one to mention the VF/RP part. I just said, given how she left, it's probably too soon to ask favors + the pride issue of having to go back asking "I know I just dropped bombs on your parade, but can I borrow your artists?" Awkward... I ♡ Reunions and have wondered over the years if they're still in touch or if they would do one. However, if crap is in the way or we have to ask...Though I do feel/believe one will happen regardless. They may have something bigger planned if we wait. Namie's ranking up collabs + the milestone so it's possible in that sense, minus all else. I'm not "anti-MAX" nor am I against a Reunion... I wouldn't argue being pro MAX & a Reunion, if so...

Quote    Reply   

#448 post_url

Oct 3 15 3:29 AM

Anyways...I know it's late, but I'm in LOVE♡ with all the Namie drawings we're getting for the Miku collab! I want them for posters xD

Also, aside from going to the concert, is there ANY way we can get the DVD w/ the new version of Golden Touch? I'm in the US and have no way of going to concerts or anything (tour & fc exclusives like this crush me). I NEED IT! 😭♡

Last Edited By: Kataclysm03 Oct 3 15 2:03 PM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   

#450 post_url

Oct 3 15 6:31 AM

Won't do anything but I submitted Maki Goto 3 times while in town today

a guy can dream

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#451 post_url

Oct 3 15 3:29 PM

I voted for alan. She's a fan and even sang NEVER END when she auditioned for avex. I always thought that a collab between those two would be heavenly.

Quote    Reply   

#454 post_url

Oct 3 15 8:19 PM

The idea of collab with favorites sounds good on paper but I find it to be a gimmick and a money grab unless there is a great concept and chemistry behind it. Ayu was like 10yrs too late to work with M-Flo when big names have already participated. Just leave her alone. I'm fine with Kumi-Chan but I might expect the results the same as Jolins collab which has left me a bit disappointed.

Quote    Reply   

#458 post_url

Oct 4 15 11:16 AM

ntouch wrote:
The idea of collab with favorites sounds good on paper but I find it to be a gimmick and a money grab unless there is a great concept and chemistry behind it. Ayu was like 10yrs too late to work with M-Flo when big names have already participated. Just leave her alone. I'm fine with Kumi-Chan but I might expect the results the same as Jolins collab which has left me a bit disappointed.
I remember when "Checkmate!" was released and everyone questioned why she chose Yamashita Tomohisa and not *insert their fave male act here*, I guess Namie and her team will carefully choose whom to collaborate from the bunch of list that we suggested since it's "Namie Amuro feat. *insert your fave here*", the case of Ayu is... I dunno, maybe I also don't feel it regardless if it was already too late for her to collaborate with M-flo, in Jolin's case (just in case we have the same thought about it), I remembered that Namie wasn't able to rehearse the dance steps, thus, only left her with just a few moments in that MV

My Top 3 are: Nami Tamaki, MINMI and Chihiro Onitsuka

Quote    Reply   

#459 post_url

Oct 4 15 1:59 PM

^ Ayumi does not have a good catalog to work with others and I don't understand why. Namie does. Kumi does. Even Utada does too and she made a track with Foxy Brown which I kind of enjoy. I just want good music, not just some filler hype.

Quote    Reply   

#460 post_url

Oct 4 15 3:01 PM

Sorry to any Ayu fans but her voice just won't go too well with Namie's we need singers whose voices will mesh well with her's and Ayu is just to high pitched.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help