Remove this ad

#841 post_url

Oct 29 14 2:03 PM

I hope we're going to get the tracklist soon!
Meanwhile, let's make our own. What song(s) in Utada's discography do you guys think could have been improved (required more work?) and by whom (or herself)?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#842 post_url

Oct 29 14 3:38 PM

^^ I'd love to hear Daichi Miura cover one of her more R&B-styled songs, like For You. Also, I think Che'Nelle's voice would sound great on Prisoner of Love.

Last Edited By: Pentalic Oct 29 14 3:48 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#843 post_url

Oct 30 14 1:12 PM

Her staff confirmed that she will not be amongst the list of artists lined up for the album.

The announcement about the songs and artists will be made in November.

Quote    Reply   

#844 post_url

Nov 10 14 2:39 PM

New video for Boku wa Kuma, very WTF Japan?

Also, the artists that will be covering her are listed, and I got shocked by a name:

AI/井上陽水/大橋トリオ/岡村靖幸/加藤ミリヤ/KIRINJI/椎名林檎/Ji­mmy Jam & Terry Lewis feat. Peabo Bryson/Tofubeats feat. BONNIE PINK/ハナレグミ/浜崎あゆみ/吉井和哉/LOVE PSYCHEDELICO

Ayumi Hamasaki? Wow.

Quote    Reply   

#847 post_url

Nov 10 14 5:27 PM

Wow, Ayumi Hamasaki! That's unexpected.

I guess it's safe to say we're getting an English song. Peabo Bryson sang the single versions of a couple of Disney songs in the 90s. Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis worked on Addicted to You and Wait and See (Risk). That's an interesting collaboration.

Also, check out Tetsuya Nomura's (Kingdom Hearts character designer) artwork for the tribute site:

Quote    Reply   

#848 post_url

Nov 10 14 5:28 PM

Definitely didn't expect to see Ayumi on there but very happy with this news as a Hikaru and Ayumi fan! Also good to see that there are a few folk I've heard of on there.

Wow, amazing artwork!  Is this Nomura's attempt to get her on board for KH3? 

Last Edited By: milkshake Nov 10 14 5:32 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#850 post_url

Nov 10 14 6:50 PM

Gorgeous artwork!

Anyway, even if it's not featured in this compilation, Kaname Kawabata is covering "Flavor Of Life" for his new album.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#851 post_url

Nov 10 14 7:37 PM

Just due this new Nomura illustration, people are already assuming she'll be back to sing for KHIII. I don't think it will happen unless her father and Disney solve their money issues. Well, at least we'll have an Eva 3.0+1.0 song next year.

Quote    Reply   

#852 post_url

Nov 10 14 11:12 PM

Ayu definitely stuck out to me when I saw the artist list. Shiina, BONNIE, and AI too. With Miliyah officially on the list, I'm assuming she's the one to get the honour of the First Love cover

ALSO THAT PICTURE LOOKS AMAZING OMGGGGGGGGGG

Quote    Reply   

#853 post_url

Nov 10 14 11:32 PM

Miliyah will probably get her "Automatic" cover on the album and it's quite nice too.

EDIT: I just watched that video too... Umm... Creepy.

Last Edited By: DeepFried Nov 11 14 12:34 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#854 post_url

Nov 11 14 12:05 AM

Oh, was it Automatic that she sang? For some reason my brain switched the two. That's what I meant though. (I still need to listen to it...)

EDIT: Also, that new Boku wa Kuma video was unnecessary and creepy my god

Last Edited By: sora2522 Nov 11 14 12:19 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#858 post_url

Nov 13 14 12:16 PM

I really hope it's Prisoner of Love. But then again since ayu is the most popular act in the tribute album, they might give her First Love which is one of Utada Hikaru's signature songs.

Quote    Reply   

#860 post_url

Nov 13 14 12:35 PM

ayu was offered a song by universial but turned it down to choose her own
dont think its first love tbqh

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help