Remove this ad

#821 post_url

Oct 21 14 5:34 AM

A tribute album...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#822 post_url

Oct 21 14 6:07 AM

Oh, I thought she was covering others, lol. Well, she sure as hell deserves a tribute album, I'm curious to hear the other artists' spin on her hits.

Quote    Reply   

#823 post_url

Oct 21 14 8:23 AM

I wonder who's going to get the honour of having their version of "First Love" on the album since almost everyone covered it. I'm actually excited to know which (other) songs are going to be covered!

Quote    Reply   

#827 post_url

Oct 21 14 1:50 PM

It'll be 10 tracks, all of them being First Love. The cover art will be a solid color. It'll show up on iTunes three years after its physical release date.

Seriously though, while I would've preferred something from her, it'll be nice to hear people cover songs other than First Love and Automatic. I'm hoping someone does Prisoner of Love.

Zoe wrote:
^ That really seems like they're just listing out previously released covers...

Yeah and even then, whoever added that missed some. There's Noriyuki Makihara's cover of traveling, Ken Hirai's cover of Automatic, Lin Yu Chun's cover of First Love...

Quote    Reply   

#829 post_url

Oct 21 14 2:24 PM

Though the album itself isn't Hikki's idea (her director's), Teruzane revealed on Twitter that she was involved in the picking of artists she wanted on the album, so it's safe to say she also had a choice in which songs she wanted covered. The news page over at Yahoo! Japan News states that the concept of the album is to allow singer-songwriters to express Hikki's songs the way they want to freely, so I'm wondering which artistes she chose. Maybe she'll even do a self-cover, who knows.

Makes me wonder if this was the reason why Ringo covered "traveling" at her live in May this year. That, and the wedding and all, but.

Quote    Reply   

kurify

#830 post_url

Oct 21 14 10:24 PM

Pentalic wrote:
It'll be 10 tracks, all of them being First Love. The cover art will be a solid color. It'll show up on iTunes three years after its physical release date.

Seriously though, while I would've preferred something from her, it'll be nice to hear people cover songs other than First Love and Automatic. I'm hoping someone does Prisoner of Love.
Zoe wrote:
^ That really seems like they're just listing out previously released covers...

Yeah and even then, whoever added that missed some. There's Noriyuki Makihara's cover of traveling, Ken Hirai's cover of Automatic, Lin Yu Chun's cover of First Love...
Hirai Ken's cover of Automatic is one of my favourites. Prisoner of Love would be a great choice, I'd love also Tokyo Nights. 日曜の朝 could be a fun arrangement, or Celebrate. I'll be buying it regardless, but if she does a self-cover I'll pre-order the pre-order.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#832 post_url

Oct 22 14 1:08 AM

Did you guys know that Namie covered Kettobase in 2000? It would be really cool if they could get her to record a studio version.

Quote    Reply   

#833 post_url

Oct 22 14 1:37 AM

Omg I forgot about that old Kettobase! cover. The best.

I really wonder...for some reason, I feel like these are gonna be new covers, rather than a best of already-existing covers. Will be very interesting to see to say the least

Quote    Reply   

#836 post_url

Oct 25 14 9:10 AM

Despisting beingon hiatus, Hikki ranked #5 on OriSuta favorite artist 2014.

http://www.tokyohive.com/article/2014/10/arashi-becomes-the-first-artist-to-top-orisutas-favorite-artist-ranking-5-years-in-a-row

Also, in the porftolio of the designer who did the promo pic for the cover album, you can see the alternative covers she did for Single Collection vol. 2 (sadly they didn't use it, because that universe pic for SCII was terrible and cheap). Check it here: http://www.carolinloebbert.de/

Quote    Reply   

#837 post_url

Oct 26 14 3:46 AM

I wonder why they decided not to use them. As lovely as I personally think the SCII cover is, it does pale in uniqueness to these. (Also, the magazine cover she did that's right before the alternate covers bears a striking resemblance to SAKURA Drops Hikki)

Quote    Reply   

#838 post_url

Oct 26 14 6:41 AM

I went through her portfolio, but didn't find any alternate covers... Maybe I overlooked it.
Do you guys remember which link (personal works 1, typography etc) it was in?

Quote    Reply   

#839 post_url

Oct 26 14 9:01 AM

denadel wrote:
I went through her portfolio, but didn't find any alternate covers... Maybe I overlooked it.
Do you guys remember which link (personal works 1, typography etc) it was in?
It's on graphic design section.

I personally loved this one, the colors and the concept, it really reminds of Sakura Drops, and it works very well with the Single Collection 1 cover.

Quote    Reply   

#840 post_url

Oct 26 14 12:51 PM

Ah yes, there it was! It is kinda like a tribute to her first best of album

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help