CALLING ALL THREAD STARTERS/USERS -> We need a JPOP CREW!

Rules and Guidelines, plus updates concerning the message board. Read first before posting anywhere!
Pacey Bishop

22 Apr 2011, 17:15 #1

This is an idea I'm resurrecting from WAAAAY back in the day, about 10+ years ago.
I would like to resurrect our JPOP News section over the weekend, but with a bit of a twist. You see, we have an EXCELLENT Artists forum and subforum with new and information that gets updated on an extremely consistent basis, but truth be told, it is hard for your average user/lurker to wade through all of this information without getting confused and eventually tired.
With that in mind, I would like for us to have a JPOP News forum, which is somewhat of a consolidation of our Artists forum, in that our "jpop crew" creates individual threads for all of the news, TV shows, release information, and even scans of all of the Jpop, J-Rock, J-Urban, Idol, etc. artists that we discuss. Of course, you source your info, but I would like for you to link back to the artist thread for further fan discussion. Basically, I would like a thread to look like this:
[TOPIC TITLE]
Headline/Title
source link
[BODY OF ARTICLE]
Discuss This Artist/group (hyperlink to thread)
If there is no artist, anime, or drama thread relating to the article or information posted, please start one! New topics make the world go round! Doing it in this manner would not only allow us to have a very fast paced news environment, but it would allow me to retweet this information via @JpopCentral to both link back to the threads and extend our viewer reach to hopefully bring in new members.
I'm looking for a crew/staff of 10 to possibly 20 users, so if interested, PLEASE POST HERE for consideration as I'm looking to start the news forum over the weekend!
Thanks!
Last edited by Pacey Bishop on 22 Apr 2011, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.

SonnyB

23 Apr 2011, 01:56 #2

sounds like fun actually

StrawberyNightmare

24 Apr 2011, 00:57 #3

Sounds cool. So it would look like this for example? (I would spoiler it but, lol Yuku formatting)

Topic Title: AKB48 to hold a revival setlist starting in May

Title/headline:AKB48 to hold a revival setlist starting in May

Tokyohive AKB48’s Official Blog

Body: Earlier at the Nagoya handshake event, it was announced that the girls of AKB48 would be having a revival set list of their previous theater stages. Each day a different stage will be performed from AKB48’s teams A, K and B, as well as SKE48’s team S and SDN48.
The event is titled ““Minogashita Kimi-tachi he” ~ AKB48 Group Zenkouen~” and will be held atTOKYO DOME CITY HALL; formerly JCB Hall, from May 24th to June 12th.
  • May 24: K5th “Saka Agari”
  • May 25th: K4th “Saishuu Bell ga Naru”
  • May 26th: H2nd “Yume wo Shinaseru wake ni Ikanai”
  • May 27th: SDN1st “Yuuwaku no Garter”
  • May 28th: A2nd “Aitakatta”
  • May 29th: B3rd “Pajama Drive”
  • May 30th: A5th “Renai Kinshi Jourei”
  • June 1st: K6th “RESET”
  • June 2nd: A4th “Tadaima Renaichuu”
  • June 3rd: B4th “Idol no Yoake”
  • June 4th: A3rd “Dareka no Tame ni”
  • June 5th: K2nd “Seishun Girls”
  • June 6th: H1st “Boku no Taiyou”
  • June 7th: K3rd “Nounai Paradise”
  • June 8th: B5th “Theatre no Megami”
  • June 9th: No Performance (3rd General Election Day)
  • June 10th: S2nd “Te wo Tsunagi Nagara”
  • June 11th: S3rd “Seifuku no Me”
  • June 12th: A1st “PARTY ga Hajimaru yo”
* Information on the performing members and how to get tickets will be posted at a later date.
Discuss AKB  here

Pacey Bishop

24 Apr 2011, 01:01 #4

^ That's exactly what I'm shooting for! Image

NATE

24 Apr 2011, 02:41 #5

Can we not use Tokyohive as a source of our news? I think whatever news we get should always be linked back to a primary source not a secondary source with heavy bias and piss-poor writing.

StrawberyNightmare

24 Apr 2011, 03:17 #6

I agree that they are biased (Hallyu omg!) and they have poor writing, and sometimes happen to post stories right after someone else..With no credit(They've stolen articles from I posted on Arama even) but I think we'd be hard pressed not to use them when you aren't talking about Avex divas/popular idols/acts unless you have a couple of dedicated bilingual fans translating stuff. Like news about Lena Fuji or Noa might show up there, but no one here knows (even if they might care) because it's not on the front page of the usual sites, or bits of interesting gossip or rumors about releases that we might not hear about immediately otherwise. Maybe if you posted the original source ( their source) as well as them, so anyone who wanted to see for themselves could do so.
Last edited by StrawberyNightmare on 24 Apr 2011, 03:23, edited 1 time in total.

Pacey Bishop

25 Apr 2011, 03:09 #7

I'm going to create the forum and PM Sonny/Strawberry overnight/into morning. I guess people need to SEE it and see what I'm trying to accomplish. That or my suspicion that no one reads what I write is occurring right now. Image

Either way, we are on the same page, NATE. There is always an original source, and sometimes the people who post tips for other sites also visit this forum. There will be no tolerance for plagiarizing or stealing others works, but I do hope to develop a strong relationship with certain sites. I know the founder of arama for example used to post on JPM, but no idea if they came over here. I'll always credit users and legit sites, and depending on the site (I might keep an eye on Neojaponisme/CNNgo for example), I'll only post important parts of the article and link to the original work.

Users and user generated content is what is going to make or break concepts like this, so hopefully I get more interested people joining our staff as time goes on.
Last edited by Pacey Bishop on 25 Apr 2011, 03:42, edited 1 time in total.

StrawberyNightmare

25 Apr 2011, 04:16 #8

^He's still here I believe.

Christi

25 Apr 2011, 20:36 #9

Err so can I give it a try? As a Matsuda fan (XD) I'd post:

Topic Title: Shota Matsuda and Nozomi Sasaki star in "Afro Tanaka" live-action movie

Headline: Shota Matsuda and Nozomi Sasaki star in "Afro Tanaka" live-action movie

Sources: aramatheydidnt TokyographAfro Tanaka movie OFFICIAL SITE

Noritsuke Masaharu’s gag manga series “Afro Tanaka” is getting a live-action movie adaptation. Matsuda Shota (25) will star as the afro-haired protagonist, while model Sasaki Nozomi (23) will play the heroine of the story.

The “Afro Tanaka” series, which runs in Big Comic Spirits, started with “Koukou Afro Tanaka” in 2002-2004 and was followed by “Chuutai Afro Tanaka,” “Joukyou Afro Tanaka,” and the current “Sasurai Afro Tanaka.”

The manga revolves around Tanaka Hiroshi, an afro-haired boy who transfers to a high school in a fictional city in Saitama, and his everyday life with his friends. The various series followed him as he left school, moved to Tokyo, and began working. It is not yet known which time period the movie will focus on, but filming is said to already be close to done.

“Afro Tanaka” is being directed by the young Matsui Daigo (25), who debuted as a screenwriter a couple years ago, when he became the youngest ever to write for an NHK drama series (“Futatsu no Spica”). He then directed part of the Fuji TV drama series “0 Go Shitsu no Kyaku.”

The script for the movie is written by Nishida Masafumi (“Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora”).

Theatrical release is scheduled for 2012.

Discuss "Afro Tanaka" in the Anime Town section

Discuss the live action/actors in the Drama Thread
Last edited by Christi on 27 Apr 2011, 13:37, edited 1 time in total.

Pacey Bishop

25 Apr 2011, 21:24 #10

You're in Christi Image